Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

gourry

Final Flight
Here's a GIF of her magnificent 3/3 in the free skate--her very last triple-triple: LINK :clap:

Definitely a signature element she'll be remembered by.

Oh gosh. This was really the last time to see her 3-3, wasn't it? Even if she keeps skating, doing shows, we'll never see her doing 3-3.... Suddenly so sad...:cry:

roxella

On the Ice
I believe that Kim's record is that she has never, ever, ever missed a podium, not even as a child, from the first time she stepped onto the ice.

This is a record she shares with Dick Button. Dick Button started skating at age twelve and in his first competition he got second in the novice division in the Eastern States Championship. Two years ater he also competed in junior pairs in the same event, and won. :)

agree :clap:

kslr0816

On the Ice
I believe that Kim's record is that she has never, ever, ever missed a podium, not even as a child, from the first time she stepped onto the ice.

This is a record she shares with Dick Button. Dick Button started skating at age twelve and in his first competition he got second in the novice division in the Eastern States Championship. Two years ater he also competed in junior pairs in the same event, and won. :)

sick records for both

usethis2

Medalist
Here's a GIF of her magnificent 3/3 in the free skate--her very last triple-triple: LINK :clap:

Definitely a signature element she'll be remembered by.

I have never seen it live.. It's my biggest regret.

Which other ladies do delayed rotations like Yuna? That delayed rotations for the 2nd jump are a thing of beauty.

usethis2

Medalist
Thank you, dorispulaski. I've just checked a couple of performances by Chen Lu.

She indeed delay the rotations but when she delayed them her landings looked.. shaky. ^^ Do you know of any of the currently active skaters doing delayed rotations?

Much appreciated.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Try Chen Lu 1995 Worlds and 1996 Worlds. One of her students does that too, today, but I do not remember which one.

Last edited:

usethis2

Medalist
Try Chen Lu 1995 Worlds and 1996 Worlds. One of her students does that too, today, but I do not remember which one.

Those are better. Thank you!

Personally my favorite delayed rotations are Yuna's toe jumps and Midori Ito's humongous Axels. So many skaters these days pre-rotate..