Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    it is real.. you can see videos and twitter reports if you think its photoshopped..
    I found the articles for the photos.
    Can you post link for the video please?

Custom Title
    Actually it was all about Pyeongchang2018 not about Yuna. She was standing on the next Olympics symbol. Kind of represent the end of this event and pass the torch to the new host.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Actually it was all about Pyeongchang2018 not about Yuna. She was standing on the next Olympics symbol. Kind of represent the end of this event and pass the torch to the new host.
    it's not about yuna.. she was instrumental for pyeongchang though.. they could have just show a korean flag and say see you in pyeonchang.. but they still asked yuna to stand there as a symbol.. so in a way..i'm just saying it was a nice gesture from the organizers..

Custom Title
    Interesting Youtube video about Sotnikova's RIDICULOUS SCORE.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVW0h6U3D4

Custom Title
    it's not about yuna.. she was instrumental for pyeongchang though.. they could have just show a korean flag and say see you in pyeonchang.. but they still asked yuna to stand there as a symbol.. so in a way..i'm just saying it was a nice gesture from the organizers..
    yes it was. and I agree 100% that yuna is a symbol for the whole nation. but it is so wrong to implied that part to be her tribute because it wasn't. also it isn't fair to another skaters who will retire after this event too.

yes it was. and I agree 100% that yuna is a symbol for the whole nation. but it is so wrong to implied that part to be her tribute because it wasn't. also it isn't fair to another skaters who will retire after this event too.
    geezzz.. that's not what i'm implying.. i'm just saying that it was a nice gesture from the organizers that they put her there with the spotlight as a symbol for pyeongchang.... so relax.. no one is making a fuzz about this..

besides yuna already earned respect from his peers...

Custom Title
    geezzz.. that's not what i'm implying.. i'm just saying that it was a nice gesture from the organizers that they put her there with the spotlight as a symbol for pyeonchang.... besides yuna already earned respect from his peers...
    ooops I didn't say that you were the one who implied. sorry. I mean some of yuna fan though, if you read to some post earlier.

Custom Title
    Um, it wasn't a "tribute", but it was a classy and respectful move to incorporate Yu-Na into the Pyeongchang tie-in. I appreciate the gala organizers for doing it.

Yu-Na herself didn't know they were planning that until she got to the gala rehearsal, but she considered it an honor. She has a right to and her fans have a right to consider it an honor.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Um, it wasn't a "tribute", but it was a classy and respectful move to incorporate Yu-Na into the Pyeongchang tie-in. I appreciate the gala organizers for doing it.

Yu-Na herself didn't know they were planning that until she got to the gala rehearsal, but she considered it an honor. She has a right to and her fans have a right to consider it an honor.
    Am I the only who felt that they didn't give Yuna enough camera time, aside from that moment?
    Also, am I the only one who felt that Carolina high-fiving with Adelina on the podium (during flower ceremony) while Yuna looked on was a bit insensitive on Caro's part given the circumstance?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    Am I the only who felt that they didn't give Yuna enough camera time, aside from that moment?
    Also, am I the only one who felt that Carolina high-fiving with Adelina on the podium (during flower ceremony) while Yuna looked on was a bit insensitive on Caro's part given the circumstance?
    ahh it was ok...it time for the bad feeling to go away...let's just wish all of them hapinnes and love...time for all to relax and rest now...

Custom Title
    None of the skaters were really given a moment in that finale, so I thought it was special that Yu-Na got that moment. The Olympic gold medalists led the way for one of the group maneuvers, which I thought was fine.

At the very beginning of the gala in the first half, when they showed a flag for each of the gala skaters, Yu-Na was placed at the center of one of the borders. When they turned to face the audience for the first time, she was at the very front and center. I liked that.

After the high-five, Adelina shook hands with Yu-Na. I thought it was fine.

I think we're all being too sensitive. Yuna shook hands with Adelina while Caro was watching too. I think the skaters are completely accepting what happened as it is.

And it's the judges and the ISU that are the problem. Ugh.

On the Ice
    I think Carolina was just excited and got caught up in the moment. She finally skated well at the Olympics and made the podium. I don't really blame her after her nightmare performances at 2010 Vancouver Olympics and disappointing 2006 Olympics.

Rinkside
    In my eyes, she was the greatest. What gets me about the result in Sochi is that she represented good and was slayed by insurmountable evil. She's just a person, not perfect, so I'm not talking about that corny type of good. She was whole, her own self, and triumphed until the corrupt were too much.

~high art~
    The greatest figure skater of all time, and the last legend the sport has ever had has now retired, and I wish her only the best of the best.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast