Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    I just have to share this http://news.goo.ne.jp/megapicture/%E...022204784.html
    Yuna and Mao, looking so innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyalligator View Post
    Thank you for sending the link to that photo! It brings back so many memories. I don't think Mao or Yuna have changed too much over the years though. Still the same expressions.
    Mao looks as though she's saying to Yuna "They say we get to go to Friendly's after the practice! "

Mao looks as though she's saying to Yuna "They say we get to go to Friendly's after the practice! "
    From kanamaster's twitter :
    Mao said, she told to @Yunaaaa "Congrats! Let's have a pic taken together!". Yuna said to Mao "Otsukaresama(Good job)" in Japanese)
    I really want to have a look at the photo. Yuna said that she was really moved my mao's performance in the lp

Time for reflection

Whatever else, Kim YuNa has to be considered the greatest competitor figure skating has ever seen.
    Good for USFSA for their decision to send Polina to the Olympics.
    Mao redeemed herself and made herself a legend

Custom Title
    Just what this world need. Another Kim Yuna thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    From kanamaster's twitter :
    Mao said, she told to @Yunaaaa "Congrats! Let's have a pic taken together!". Yuna said to Mao "Otsukaresama(Good job)" in Japanese)
    I really want to have a look at the photo. Yuna said that she was really moved my mao's performance in the lp
    Wow! I guess, in her spare time, she learned some Japanese! Way to go Queen! She even compliments her subjects in their respective languages

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Just what this world need. Another Kim Yuna thread.
    Yes, that's exactly what the world needs.

I seriously don't know what your issue is with this thread, since Carolina and Adelina all their own respective Olympic Thread, but if you don't enjoy it, perhaps the common sense would suggests you should just stay away? Perhaps? Maybe?

Wow! I guess, in her spare time, she learned some Japanese!
    I think back in the day, when they were still juniors and the geopolitics hasn't reared its ugly head, the two were pretty tight. I even remember seeing terribly young Mao and Yuna on Japanese TV shows. I could see Yuna picking up a few Japanese here and there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    I think back in the day, when they were still juniors and the geopolitics hasn't reared its ugly head, the two were pretty tight. I even remember seeing terribly young Mao and Yuna on Japanese TV shows. I could see Yuna picking up a few Japanese here and there.
    It's common for Koreans to learn Japanese or Chinese as a secondary language, I believe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleejsj View Post
    Thank you for posting.

Custom Title
    Is Kim Yuna the only skater in history to podium at every single major event she's attended?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kslr0816 View Post
    Is Kim Yuna the only skater in history to podium at every single major event she's attended?
    Yes, for ladies. For men, I am not sure.

Custom Title
    Yuna's not the only skater, there were other's such as G&G and half-a-dozen others, but she is the only one under COP as far as I know.

Yulia was keeping up with her; never finishing lower than Gold or Silver medals, except for a Bronze medal at TEB last year when she was injured, but she lost her podium streak at the Olympics. Darn. Now I have to add a qualifier to the statement that she's always podiumed.

Congratulations to Yuna on winning two Olympic Golds.

Custom Title
    She is the most complete package of a skater if I've ever seen one. She lives and breathes ice, it seems. I have not seen such command and presence even from men's skating.

Custom Title
    A fancam of her FS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BS2vGzEeZY#t=0

Yes, you can hear the RUS-YI-AH chanting at the end.

Custom Title
    Yes.

She she also manage to have won at least a short program or a free skate in every competition she has ever entered. So no matter how badly she did in one of the two skates, she always managed to came 1st in the other (lots of small medals). It is an incredible record she kept till the very end, to win the SP by a tiny margin at Sochi - despite the hostile environment, skating early and biased judging.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast