Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Olympic Thread

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Deepest respect for pulling of 4 CLEAN performances at the Olympics, and for skating so cleanly today in such a hostile environment where the cards were stacked against you.

usethis2

Medalist
Yup. Medal colors don't mean much for her, although as a skating fan I am deeply saddened by judging. She is a true champion and the most amazing skater ever graced the Olympic ice. I shall remember her forever.

CarneAsada

Medalist
You should have slayed the entire final flight, and you did slay the entire final flight (though Kostner was close) despite what the judging panel said with their marks. What a way to go out. Hopefully you can bring us a surprise in 4 years. :biggrin:

vegarin

On the Ice
You should have slayed the entire final flight, and you did slay the entire final flight (though Kostner was close) despite what the judging panel said with their marks. What a way to go out. Hopefully you can bring us a surprise in 4 years. :biggrin:

Hee, I wouldn't have believed you would've ever said something so nice about Yuna a few months ago. :) Mao completely slayed, though. I think, had Yuna won, she would've shared some of the limelight with Mao for slaying it and landing all 8 triples, mistakes or not. Right now the judging issue is more of the hot issue, overshadowing everything.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
All my respect for the ice queen. I hope she won't retire, her perfection will be missed.

cooper

Medalist

and maybe she will skate to arirang program... ;)

in all seriousness.. hopefully yuna will participate at pyeongchang in the opening ceremonies.. and maybe should skate to a korean traditional music.. ;)

Horizon

Rinkside
Adios Queen!

You will always be remembered for your 4 flawless Olympic Performances.

Everything you've accomplished in your career is just phenomenal. I sincerely hope you will be as successful and as happy in your post competitive career.

So I say for the last time once again.... Adios!! Yuna...

anthologyz

Rinkside
Dick Button ‏@PushDicksButton 3h

To the people of Korea: At one point, I had doubts regarding Yu-Na Kim - not after today. She was superb, elegant, charming. Never a wilt.

a small consolation--uncle dick graces yuna with his vote of approval. <3

Manitou

Medalist
How can you even think to win gold if you bring a program without any hint of choreography? Just random passages from jump to jump.
How can you perform to a tango without a tango? If you don't have a choreography then please bring music that will not expose it so much. Some contemporary classical piece, maybe.
But random going around the ice to a tango?? And you want to get away with this? On your reputation alone? I am not surprised with the outcome at all!
Oh, sorry, her dress was black. But a wearing a tango dress is still not a tango, you know?

PftJump

On the Ice
How can you even think to win gold if you bring a program without any hint of choreography? Just random passages from jump to jump.
How can you perform to a tango without a tango? If you don't have a choreography then please bring music that will not expose it so much. Some contemporary classical piece, maybe.
But random going around the ice to a tango?? And you want to get away with this? On your reputation alone? I am not surprised with the outcome at all!
Oh, sorry, her dress was black. But a wearing a tango dress is still not a tango, you know?

Well... I think you don't even know tango. Or you can't tell tango from flamenco.

In Yuna's FP, there are tons of tango steps and moves.

Just you don't know.

vegarin

On the Ice

Oh, for god's sake. Go away and let us enjoy Yuna's flawless skate without having to encounter your nonsense. Adelina won. Go celebrate. What more do you want?

CarneAsada

Medalist
Hee, I wouldn't have believed you would've ever said something so nice about Yuna a few months ago. :) Mao completely slayed, though. I think, had Yuna won, she would've shared some of the limelight with Mao for slaying it and landing all 8 triples, mistakes or not. Right now the judging issue is more of the hot issue, overshadowing everything.
I wouldn't have said such nice things about Yuna if her SP wasn't so magnificent, if she wasn't so classy, and if she wasn't so robbed. Also seeing her skating after Wagner and Sotnikova's LPs made me appreciate her so much more. :biggrin:

and maybe she will skate to arirang program... ;)

in all seriousness.. hopefully yuna will participate at pyeongchang in the opening ceremonies.. and maybe should skate to a korean traditional music.. ;)
There's no doubt she'll appear in Pyeongchang's ceremonies, even if not as a competitor. I just hope Korea one day finds another skater of Yuna's caliber. She has truly been a phenomenon.

starrynight

On the Ice

Well, those who think to win a gold include Katarina Witt, Dick Button and Michelle Kwan and so on.

jewel

Rinkside
She will go down in history as one of the greatest female skaters ever. She doesn´t need a second OGM to prove that.

Manitou

Medalist
Well, those who think to win a gold include Katarina Witt, Dick Button and Michelle Kwan and so on.

I guess for every name you quoted there are probably many thousand names who think otherwise. So still the sore losers are outnumbered. They are noisy on this forum, but it doesn't mean much outside of it.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Yu-Na is the epitome of coolness and poise.
She was under unbelievable pressure, having to skate last, after her competitors delivered so well... and she just nailed it, without problems. She's an amazing jumper, so reliable, and I liked her subdued performance. Clean skate after clean skate.
She looked disappointed, but I hope she'll shrug it off. Her legacy is already established.
Amazing competitor, nerves of steel.

vegarin

On the Ice
I wouldn't have said such nice things about Yuna if her SP wasn't so magnificent, if she wasn't so classy, and if she wasn't so robbed. Also seeing her skating after Wagner and Sotnikova's LPs made me appreciate her so much more. :biggrin:

Oh man, if nothing else, I'm glad that Yuna finally own you over. That is some accomplishment. :biggrin:

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Er..Yuna Kim herself has said Adios was the most difficult program she's ever skated due to it being jam packed with transitions and no rest.

Adelina's program on the other hand, was filled with her pausing on the ice.