Go Yuna, Adelina, and Caro! | Golden Skate

Go Yuna, Adelina, and Caro!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm very sad for Mao but happy for the top 3. I'm sure there will be some fuming here about Adelina's score but she is spectacular. While she had the easiest jumps of the top 3 by far, she gave up nothing on the levels in her spins and footwork. Yuna and Caro both missed points by losing a level on two elements. Had those two also hit everything they would be about a point ahead of where they are now. I think Yuna has little to worry about because Caro and Adelina likely won't hit their LP if history is any indication.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
I'm very sad for Mao but happy for the top 3. I'm sure there will be some fuming here about Adelina's score but she is spectacular. While she had the easiest jumps of the top 3 by far, she gave up nothing on the levels in her spins and footwork. Yuna and Caro both missed points by losing a level on two elements. Had those two also hit everything they would be about a point ahead of where they are now. I think Yuna has little to worry about because Caro and Adelina likely won't hit their LP if history is any indication.

i'm very sad for mao as well. she should have added a triple loop to her triple flip like in her practices and changed her triple loop to a triple toe but what are you going to do. she definitely peaked too early like i said earlier...

i am so happy for carolina. she skated beautifully and outdid her performance in the team event which i did not think was possible. she skated the best program of her career when it counted. she created another amazing olympic moment. i thought she was the best of the night and while it would be nice if she had been first, i think being third (three way tie for first) will be better for her nerves heading into the long program tomorrow night. i could not believe my eyes when i saw her prepare for the combo and she did a triple flip/triple toe instead of the triple toe/triple toe which she has been doing in the short program the past 4 years. it's very nice to see her bring up her technical score when it matters because all her fans know she has it in her. maybe she read what i said couple days ago on here, haha.

best of luck tomorrow night, carolina. don't think about the results- just go out there, stay focused throughout the entire long program and enjoy the moment :)

Krislite

Medalist

Exactly. Carolina and Adelina are headcases in the long program and now there's a big pressure on both of them because they can sniff that gold medal. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
the battle for the reigning gold medalist and 2 headcases
1 or 2 will fall off the podium tommorow