Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Free Skate Order

Rinkside

Ladies' Free Skate Order

http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-s...s-free-skating

well well well, Yuna Kim skates last. advantage? disadvantage? **2013 worlds anyone?**

Rinkside
    This is going to be nail-biting. Hope everyone skates their best!

Custom Title
    Depends on which Yuna Kim shows up. If it's the tentative Yuna Kim of today...I'm a bit anxious.

Custom Title
    great draw for Carolina, IMO. especially if Julia doesn't skate her best. A clean Bolero tomorrow night, and she will pocket the elusive olympic medal.

Custom Title
    I hope Julia and Mao just go for a f--k it skate.

Custom Title
    I think Julia will skate well but her scores will be held back because of the skate order and her current rank. Nine points is a lot to make up when the three skaters at the top also have a PCS advantage and skate later.

Custom Title
    Julia can certainly get bronze if the others falter. However, I'm wondering if she left all her clean skates in the team event. Sotnikova, however, might have actually benefited from not being in the team event, and with less expectations skated lights out. She does have a tendency to falter in freeskates, so hopefully she can hang on for the bronze.

I'm not anticipating a strong FS from Kostner, so Sotnikova and even Julia have a shot at the silver and bronze.

True. The fight for the bronze and silver are still up in the air, because we all know how Sotnikova and Kostner are like in the free skate.

Banned
    Bolero will win "if" clean

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    True. The fight for the bronze and silver are still up in the air, because we all know how Sotnikova and Kostner are like in the free skate.

Custom Title
    I think Gracie's in a great spot. She'll know what she has to do as her main rivals for the podium will have already skated. Wagner can't pass her and she can't catch Kim Yu-Na, so she could have it in her hands for a medal.

Custom Title
    Again this thread should be in Olympics forum.

Custom Title
    Conspiracy theory: Yuna's order setup?

I don't necessarily believe it myself, but has anyone wondered if draw sacks are magician bags with trick compartments? It's easily done, if tried.

Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    Conspiracy theory: Yuna's order setup?

I don't necessarily believe it myself, but has anyone wondered if draw sacks are magician bags with trick compartments? It's easily done, if tried.
    There's only so many spots a skater can pick. The chances of any one of them drawing the last spot was very high. However, it is interesting that Mao got the last spot in the SP and Yuna got the last spot in the LP.

The battle for silver and bronze continues...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast