Ladies' Free Skate Order | Golden Skate

Ladies' Free Skate Order

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Depends on which Yuna Kim shows up. If it's the tentative Yuna Kim of today...I'm a bit anxious.

daphna

On the Ice
great draw for Carolina, IMO. especially if Julia doesn't skate her best. A clean Bolero tomorrow night, and she will pocket the elusive olympic medal.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think Julia will skate well but her scores will be held back because of the skate order and her current rank. Nine points is a lot to make up when the three skaters at the top also have a PCS advantage and skate later.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Julia can certainly get bronze if the others falter. However, I'm wondering if she left all her clean skates in the team event. Sotnikova, however, might have actually benefited from not being in the team event, and with less expectations skated lights out. She does have a tendency to falter in freeskates, so hopefully she can hang on for the bronze.

I'm not anticipating a strong FS from Kostner, so Sotnikova and even Julia have a shot at the silver and bronze.

Krislite

Medalist
True. The fight for the bronze and silver are still up in the air, because we all know how Sotnikova and Kostner are like in the free skate.

lupojohn

On the Ice
I think Gracie's in a great spot. She'll know what she has to do as her main rivals for the podium will have already skated. Wagner can't pass her and she can't catch Kim Yu-Na, so she could have it in her hands for a medal.

bebevia

On the Ice
Conspiracy theory: Yuna's order setup?

I don't necessarily believe it myself, but has anyone wondered if draw sacks are magician bags with trick compartments? It's easily done, if tried.

Krislite

Medalist
Conspiracy theory: Yuna's order setup?

I don't necessarily believe it myself, but has anyone wondered if draw sacks are magician bags with trick compartments? It's easily done, if tried.

There's only so many spots a skater can pick. The chances of any one of them drawing the last spot was very high. However, it is interesting that Mao got the last spot in the SP and Yuna got the last spot in the LP.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Audience reaction to Julia and Adelina might rattle Kostner and/or Gold. Will be a nail biter to the finish.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Audience reaction to Julia and Adelina might rattle Kostner and/or Gold. Will be a nail biter to the finish.

I think Caro should approach this like she does with exhibitions: for the pure joy of skating. She's a born performer. With that mindset, she can skate that program very well. She hasn't been completely clean with her Bolero yet, Euros 2013 was closest I think (with that shaky 2A at the end), so this may be her Big Moment. I hope she caps off her career with a medal tomorrow.

jace93

On the Ice
well since that was her strategy for this evening I sure as hell hope she will skate as if it wasn't anything special...
Also I hope that yuna can skate with the same perfection of last years world or vancouver olympics... and that Mao, kanako, Julia and Akiko give their all in the free skate to clmb back to top especially the fromert wo... a mid second digit finish is nowhere where they should stand

mskater93

Record Breaker

I don't know about it rattling Gracie - Frank has been a master of getting her to focus so far...

jace93

On the Ice
And Kostner both at europeans and now did skate after one of the two russian kids and gave wonderful performance