Who do you think is the most decorated single figure skater of all time?
Katarina Witt is one skater that comes to my mine.
2 time Olympic Gold medalist
4 time World Champion
2 time World Silver medalist
Other than Sonja Henie, Katarina Witt is the only ladies single skater to win 6 consecutive European Champion ships.
Witt is one of the successful figure skaters of all times.
Other than Sonja Henie? Because she has 10 world championship medals, 6 european championship medals, and 3 olympic gold medals. No one really comes close to matching that.
Bona Fide Member
An interesting question. I suppose it depends on what it means to be "decorated." Take all the hardware the skater has ever won in competition at any level and weigh it?
The United States Figure Skating Association is fond of calling Michelle Kwan the "most decorated female skater in U.S. history," specifically to avoid having to say "the best," or language of this sort. Michelle won 40 somethings-or-other. She's loaded down.
Last edited by Mathman; 02-27-2014 at 03:00 PM.
1.Sonja Henie- 10 World titles, 3 Olympic Golds
2. Katarina Witt- 4 World titles, 2 Olympic Golds
3. Carol Heiss- Olympic Gold, Olympic Silver, 5 World titles
4. Sjouke Djikstra- 3 Worlds titles, Olympic Gold, Olympic Silver
5. Yu Na Kim- medals in every competition she ever competed in, Olympic Gold, Olympic Silver, 6 World medals
6. Herma Plack Szabo- 5 World titles, Olympic Gold (plus all her pairs titles but the title specified singles)
7. Kristi Yamaguchi- World title, Olympic Gold, World title back to back, 4 World Pro titles
8. Peggy Fleming- 3 straight World titles, Olympic Gold
9-10. Some combination of Kwan, Hamill, Scott, Schuba, and others
Bona Fide Member