Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Mao Asada: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think Mao should have won the FS. Her PCS being was way to low. If she got the PCS I though she should got she would have won.
    Exactly. Skating early hurt her.

Custom Title
    Those arguments are made-up, ad-hoc one that they deemed usable. There is no reason to give any weight to such argument. What they need to explains are:

1) Tech panels strange calls and un-calls
    2) Both the Russian's scores (and Gracie's if deemed necessary)
    3) and yes, indeed Mao/Yuna/Carolina's scores compared to the Russians.

Rinkside
    I'm so glad someone brought this up. Not just 8 jumps but a clean triple axel and wonderful skating. She should have won the night even if it didn't get her on the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think Mao should have won the FS. Her PCS being was way to low. If she got the PCS I though she should got she would have won.
    Yes, her PCS is way too low. Her components are so complex and she made those difficult transitions looking seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    It was not only her skating early. It was also her being held down in PCS because she was becoming a threat to the top 5. When the time came, Yulia conveniently scored over Mao on PCS event though Mao beat her by 6.75 points (!!!) in TES just so that Yulia could overtake her in the total standings and still be in medal contention. In case you could not tell, I am still bitter about this . Mao deserved much better.

Mao at her best would crush Adelina.

But Mao had no chance against the Russian skaters here. The Olympics was a big party thrown by the Russians where the non-Russian skaters were invited as guests, not competitors, and they had sacrificial feasts out of Mao and Yuna while giving the Team Gold to Julia and Individual Gold to Adelina. No wonder people are infuriated.

Can i say that even mao skated in the last group, adelina will still result in first... Carolina, mao and yuna are the best out there imo though...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    Can i say that even mao skated in the last group, adelina will still result in first... Carolina, mao and yuna are the best out there imo though...
    If she was in the last group, she would not have skated that well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    which it shouldn't...

A skater should be judge on what they do on the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    which it shouldn't...

A skater should be judge on what they do on the ice.
    I agree. But I also would like to live in your world.

Custom Title
    Yeah. Mao might have skated well because all the pressure was off of her. She had no chance for even the bronze medal. If she had done well in the short, she might have botched up the free. But who knows? But either way, Mao did not have a chance for the gold medal due to the inflation the Russians received.

I'm just so glad that Mao showed everything she has to the full potential. She is truly one of the greats in ladies figure skating. It is a travesty that Yulia with big mistakes and Adelina got higher PCS scores than her. I hope she gets her revenge in Worlds next month.

Mao got robbed in PCS and TES. She should've scored way better than that. This is just gross injustice that Yulia's PCS was higher than Mao's.

Custom Title
    I almost cried after her FS. My eye sockets cramped..

On the Ice
    Mao was wonderful. The best performance of the night was hers, both techincally and artistically. Her free should have ranked no 1 and she should have been 4th overall. Yuna, Carolina and Adelina were all wonderful as well, however I agree with most people here that the Russian girls were overscored. Adelina should have been 2nd or 3rd and Julia 7th. Ashley skated better than Julia. I hope Mao will win one more World Championships. I also hope that this will be the end of anonymous judging.

Custard Title
    In Sochi, Mao went all GPF 2007 on us. My prediction (no more of this wishy-washy hope stuff) is that she gains confidence from this to skate two perfect performances at Worlds and she will get showered in farewell gifts on her way to a World Record!!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast