Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Mao Asada: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    No, no. That's you making an attempt to defend a cheat.
    whatever make you happy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    That's life.
    No. You can always fight injustice even it is small. I lost attachment to FS about a year ago but found this scandal a perfect chance to do my part in fighting those cheaters, even if we cannot change it for the moment. Sign your petition. Remember how long it took for African Americans to win the battle of having the right to vote. We now have Obama. It is a long journey but a worthy journey.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliasochi View Post
    No. You can always fight injustice even it is small. I lost attachment to FS about a year ago but found this scandal a perfect chance to do my part in fighting those cheaters, even if we cannot change it for the moment. Sign your petition. Remember how long it took for African Americans to win the battle of having the right to vote. We now have Obama. It is a long journey but a worthy journey.
    What does African Americans has to do with this?

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCzar View Post
    The only thing that I'm taking away with me from the Sochi Games is Mao Asada's performance. She got lowballed in PCS and that back end triple toe looked okay to me. The 3F-3L was never going to get ratified but even then it looked fine.
    Looked like the best she did in a long time. Yea, I also feel kinda irked reading armchair tech analysis about Mao's jumps especially in a thread that celebrates her Olympic performance/achievement. Urs or not, she still deserved much higher PCS, much more than Julia who made major mistakes and whose technique flaws were not nearly as scrutinized as Mao's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Looked like the best she did in a long time. Yea, I also feel kinda irked reading armchair tech analysis about Mao's jumps especially in a thread that celebrates her Olympic performance/achievement. Urs or not, she still deserved much higher PCS, much more than Julia who made major mistakes and whose technique flaws were not nearly as scrutinized as Mao's.
    That Mao did not win the LP, and placed 8 points below the winner was WRONG WRONG WRONG. I am so upset with this judging.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Exactly. Skating early hurt her.
    no. skating in russia against adelina hurt her.

I first read from the board posts that Mao landed 8 clean, no mistake, and was crying at the end with joy. So I was eagerly waiting for the score and saw 142, and assumed maybe she had a fall, because that seemed really low for landing all 8. But no, she landed 8 perfectly and that was still the score she got. I suppose that really was the sign of things to come.

No, wait, I guess Caro and Yuna and Adelina all tying in scores in SP should've been the sign enough.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BounceAround View Post
    I don't think Nater is trying to be a hater . I agree that Mao delays her rotation, but there was a time when delayed rotation was considered beautiful.
    Delayed rotation is a skill and is actually a plus bullet for GOE in COP. Pre-rotation is not, and it usually ends up with wonky landing or worse.

Custom Title
    I hope Mao wins worlds in Japan. That would be a fantastic way to retire.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    I first read from the board posts that Mao landed 8 clean, no mistake, and was crying at the end with joy. So I was eagerly waiting for the score and saw 142, and assumed maybe she had a fall, because that seemed really low for landing all 8. But no, she landed 8 perfectly and that was still the score she got. I suppose that really was the sign of things to come.

No, wait, I guess Caro and Yuna and Adelina all tying in scores in SP should've been the sign enough.
    So disappointing.. even with all the other stuff going on about Yuna, Mao will probably never get her justice either..

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I hope Mao wins worlds in Japan. That would be a fantastic way to retire.
    This!

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar

She had two URs, but was dinged in PCS (because she wasn't in the last group, IMO, among other things). Personally, I thought she deserved the highest score of the night. I really thought she'd either approach or break 150 even with the URs ...

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    She had two URs, but was dinged in PCS (because she wasn't in the last group, IMO, among other things). Personally, I thought she deserved the highest score of the night. I really thought she'd either approach or break 150 even with the URs ...
    If she were Russian, she probably would have...

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar

After Mao skated the skate of her life, she needed to be held down. It was early, the judges didn't know what was coming. Firstly, I think they still wanted both Russian girls on the podium. I also think that this is what would've happened if Julia was clean in the free. She would have beat Carolina, even with the mistake in the short. So now imagine Adelina making more mistakes and Julia bombing....they had to make sure Mao wasn't even near that podium, because she was the one who could've been potentially dangerous for bronze if the two Russians had faulty skates. Generally, I'm a bit confused by the score, because Mao only barely beat Carolina and still was behind Yuna and Adelina, with THAT skate. What a bummer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    After Mao skated the skate of her life, she needed to be held down. It was early, the judges didn't know what was coming. Firstly, I think they still wanted both Russian girls on the podium. I also think that this is what would've happened if Julia was clean in the free. She would have beat Carolina, even with the mistake in the short. So now imagine Adelina making more mistakes and Julia bombing....they had to make sure Mao wasn't even near that podium, because she was the one who could've been potentially dangerous for bronze if the two Russians had faulty skates. Generally, I'm a bit confused by the score, because Mao only barely beat Carolina and still was behind Yuna and Adelina, with THAT skate. What a bummer.
    I still can't believe that with a clean SP Mao would still not have been champion. It makes me sad that her skate was not duly awarded. It was beautiful and Yuna had some very kind words to share about Mao's wonderful performance.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast