Mao Asada: Olympic Thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada: Olympic Thread

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
You know, if Mao goes to Worlds I hope she will get ridiculously overscored. Like actually breaking 80 in the short and 150 in the LP..... Yes, thank god Worlds is in Japan - Redemption time is on.

CORRUPTION

Rinkside
She definitely had the best long program IMO

Yuna was technically brilliant but skated with zero heart or emotion.

CORRUPTION

Rinkside
Mao announced she will be going to the Worlds. I hope she wins.

So much emotion in her skate tonight. She reached the pinnacle today. congrats MAO!

Esopian

Final Flight
She made me cry when I watched her free skate. I don't know much of her history, but I really loved her performance at the free skate. Medal or not, she did amazing with plenty of emotion.

christinaskater

Medalist
Mao Asada's Olympic Free Skate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y6aT_Ia-go&list=PLBpuIdeeb2X6CkUrq1_TnKz0NmsLOagxi

This is one of the greatest skates I have ever seen! She skated the program of the night! I love Mao but I am not the biggest fan , but this performance just captured my heart and soul. She skated the performance of her life. Lights out! Mao I love you and you are one of the greatest ever! You are an Olympic Champion in my eyes! You should be extremely proud of yourself!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mighty, magnificent Mao! I am SO proud of her. She brought me to (happy) tears last night! :love:

Olympia, this was the skate I was waiting to see from her! It was surreal! A pure out of body experience.

Yes, that's it exactly. It took us out of ourselves into some zone she generously shared with us. We ordinary mortal fans don't get to visit that place very often. I hope she's given a hero's welcome when she gets back to Japan, because she thoroughly deserves it.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for posting this, christinaskater! It's the first program I'm able to see again after the live broadcasting, and it's LEGENDARY.
Mao gave so much to figure skating. She's so light on her feet and such a BRAVE, PROUD fighter. She never gave up.
This is her biggest legacy. At the end of the day, medals come and go, but a skate like this is FOREVAH.
As I've already written in a Mao-dedicated thread, the first thing that crossed my mind after this skate was: "You never got me down, Ray".
Oh, whoever dares to criticize her better wash their mouths.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What's done is done, but I just can't help thinking What if? Mao probably wouldn't have had a chance at Gold in Russia anyway, so it doesn't matter anymore. I also ask myself if Mao would have been able to perform like that if she hadn't been 16th but in OGM contention with the top 4. A lot of things came together to create this moment of beauty! She more than redeemed herself and I want her to go out as World Champion this year.

jfdw

Rinkside
Her free skate was one of my happiest moments. To see her get that axel and to have the guts to try it again after the short program. To see her happy tears at the end was wonderful. If that is her last competitive program what a way to end her career. I cannot help but think what if she had landed the axel in the short and had been as good as she was in the long the result of the champion might have been different But regardless she has been class all the way and she wil lend the same way. Japan should be absolutely proud of her

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
She's my favorite skater, but that doesn't mean I'm not capable of looking at what a skater brought to the ice and fairly evaluating his or her performance.

Her freeskate was underscored, period. She lost out on GOE that she rightly deserved. Everything she did was massive. She skated lights out and was just on another level.

I said on another thread that for me her freeskate portrayed the journey of her entire career as a skater. I stand by that. It was superb. It was excellence. It was just so many things for me, and I know it will be one of those great performances I'll recall with fondness through the years.

daniel1406

Rinkside
I truly admire her. Her LP was absolutely mesmerising. But again I'm so disgusted that Adelina got much higher score than Mao's performance. it's just gross.

True champions : Yuna, Mao, Caro and Gracie.