Ladies Free - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Ladies Free - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
PLEASE NOTE: All of these worlds reports are copyright Golden Skate and are not to be copied & pasted to other internet message boards, web-sites or email lists. You are very welcome to link to the forums from other web-sites. Registration is required, but it’s free.

It took me a while to get the wireless connection working and it's very start & stop, will post as often as I can, but if I'm not posting it's because I've lost the wireless and will post from the press room at zamboni break and at the end

Group # 1

Jenna McCorkell GBR Start # 1
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Currently F 1 Overall 1
Toccata and Fugue, Storm – V. Mae Light blue with pink underskirt
Melodic piano and some nice moves / 3z fell – looked like she might have it / 3f – at near boards but caught it on the monitor / 2a / 3t / music is building a bit and flycam is slow but very nice pos / layback bit of bobble going down but saved it / music pauses and changes – end of 1st section / it’s now violin / spiral inside out in catchfoot pos / 3z fell / 3l / sit spin with nice low sit speed is ok / music changes again and it’s really heavy and speeding up 3s2t and lots of applause from crowd / strt ftwrk moves fast but lacks some detail / combo spin in exactly the same spot as her sit / She missed obth lutzes but other than that it was a good program

Valentina Marchei ITA Start # 2
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 Currently F 1 Overall 1
Les Feuilles Mortes – Yves Montland silver lame on top with x on back light coloured fabric skirt
3z2t nice high z / 3f fell out hand down / layback pos is soso speed & centering good / 3s / 1a / flycam has good fly pos is ok speed is slow / spiral seq is ok / 3z is nice / 3t had it then caught back of blade and went down / upright spin is very short barely saw it / diag ftwrk has nice movement but very little detail / 2a / combo spin includes catch foot /

Zuzana Babiakova SVK Start # 3
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 Currently F 1 Overall 2
Circus World – Lesko white with red bolero effect & and apron
2a / music has started out melodic and shes ‘taking her opening bows’ / long setup into 3z2t which is nice / I think she’s intended to be a circus performer / 3f fell / we into ‘bouncier ‘ music 3t2t – cheat sheet says sal but I \’m sure it was a toe/ playing to judges with accordian music – folk style / 3l / layback spin with pretty good back & centering is fine as is speed / 3 z according to cheat sheet but I saw a flip – it was 2footed anyway / 3s / O ftwrk has a small circule but goes well with music / combo spin / sit spin /

Annette Dytrt GER Start # 4
Ordinals 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 Currenlty F 2 Overall 1
Selection of Music by Michel - light blue on top shading to pink to dark blue around waist to pink on bottom of skirt
The crowd really cheered when she stepped on the ice – still waiting for Zuzana’s marks. Now as she’s announced the roof is practically coming off the builidng. / 3z / music is building and crowd is clapping / 3s fell out to big groan but they’re still claping / 3f to a big cheer / fly cam has good fly speed and pos / end of 1st sectionand more cheers / music is middle eastern sounding and she’s doing the spirals / popped flip / 2t / layback is short but nice strt leg pos / 3t fell / crowd is clapping again / big cheer to landed 2a / combo spin is good / O ftwrk is to rousing music and crowd is loving it / into her combo spin to end it all /

Miriam Manzano AUS Start # 5
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 Currently F 1 Overall 1
Nights in the Gardens of Spain Black with red gold & blue sequin design on front
3z2t nice. . true edge / 3f / 2l / flycam has good fly to catch foot little slow / 3t fell little slow getting up / 2a / some chor at centre ice right with music / 3z bit wild on free leg but clean / 3s / split jump / fly back sit / 3t / strt ftwrk is ok – carries good speed / spirals are fine / combo spin is a bit slow butcentered – pos ok / layback with foot to head /

Dan Fang CHN Start # 6
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 Currently F 1 Overall 2
Rodrigo Grassland Theme / black or very dark blue with bit of silver trim
Music starts with familiar melody / 2a / starts to pick up 3f pitched forward 2t – slmost a delay in the rotoation / 3f / I just missed something – cheat sheet says 2a but there were 2 cheers, maybe a combo / lfycam is nice / layback has nice pos – nice to look at could have lower back / 3z / spirals are nice / 3s / back scratch spin is nice & fast / music speeds up and crowd is really clapping / 3t to a big cheer / combo spin is very nice with long Y / into strt steps that go with music – if you could hear it – crowd is clapping so loud you can barely hear music /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Group # 2

Jennifer Robinson CAN Start # 7
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 Currently S 1 Overall 1
Light mauve beaded halter / Prelude a L’Apres – Midi d’un faune
3z high & steps ½ l 3t / 3f didn’t look cheated to me / 3s pitched forward a bit / flycam has very good fly & nice pos to illusion / strt steps down side of rink go well with music but not very detailed / 2a / camel spin is very pretty / 3l / 3s2t / music changes and some chor at centre ice / 3z might have been 2ft turns – replay showed very clearly that it wasn’t 2footed 2t / spirals are nice – she’s really worked on them / combo spin is very nice & centered / layback goes from classic to strt leg / I didn’t fill in some of the chor stuff she did as I was calling the jumps for other reporters / Canadian team (sitting up behind me) gave her a standing O

Jennifer Kirk USA Start # 8
Ordinals 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 6 Currently S 3 Overall 2
Die Fledermaus – Strauss wearing pale blue halter with X strap on back
3l / 3t 3t fell on 2nd one / layback is pretty & centered / music has softened and become melodic and she does her spirals / music is speeding up and crowd is clapping 3z had it then fell / 3f gthink 2 ft – far end of rink 2t / betterflies into cam pos for her combo spin / then another combo spin both are very nice if a bit slow / some spread eagles / music has changed to march and crowd is clapping again as it speeds up / 3f / 3s / strt steps as music becomes marchy again and crowd is clapping / 2a / flycam is very nice into back scratch / This was not what she wanted – she looks so disappointed. There were problems with this dress before the qualifying and she wore a purple sparkly one (one of the chicago dresses) and had trouble with that one as well – halter was hanging on by a thread.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Susanna Pöykiö FIN Start # 9
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Currently F 1 Overall 1
Concerto in F Minor by Gershwin - turqoise halter
Music starts with big drums and then softens & speeds up / 3z2t bit squeeky & tight on both landings but clean / 3f2t / 3t turns 3t 2nd one might have been 2ft – far end of rink - replay shows it was / 2a / flysit is very nice / music has gone to piano leading into violin and I can’t think of the name but we all know it / layback is soso / 3l / 3z was planned here but don’t know if she did it / didn’t see fly cam, spirals or strt steps, trying to post previous 2 skaters / 3s / combo spin to end is nice ending in 2handed catch foot /

Anne Sophie Calvez FRA Start # 10
Ordinals 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 Currently F 3 Overall 3
Lord of the Dance dark navy with dark purple one sleeve /
3t3t is very nice / 3z2t / she’s moving very well / cam to catchfoot but never caught foot / 3f / layback is very fast but pos are weak / spirals don’t spend enough time in spiral pos – covers ice fast though / 3l / some nice chor / poped sal / flysit is good / the crowd is paying more attention to her music that she is / 2z / some chor in a circle – if that was ftwrk the circle was awfully small / 2a / combo spin is very fast on front slow on back / now we have some step dancing that works really well with music and crowd is clapping / She’s really happy with that skate though and so she should be /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Sarah Meier SUI Start # 11
Ordinals 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 Currently F 2 Overall 2
Evita red strapless
Some dancing to the music and the crowd is clapping as she heads down the ice for her 3z2t / just missed something was meant to be a 3l but no applause & bit of ohhhh / 3f turnout 2t / combo spin is nice good pos & centered / music is melodic with under beat / 3s / flycam has very good speed and ok pos – good fly / 3t2t / now in don’t cry for me, argentina / layback is sideways to strt back good speed / spirals have good edges and pos are decent / 3z / music is now fast & crowd is clapping as she does her strt steps that didn’t seem to have much to them / 2a / fly backsit to headless /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Idora Hegel CRO Start # 12
Ordinals 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 6 6 Currently F 3 Overall 4
Mask of Zorro / red with one sleeve and glack fronge on bottom on skirt red gloves /
3z3t – 3t planned and I’m sure that’s what I saw / 3l bit stiff in the knee on landing but clean / some chor as the music builds / 3f bit jerky on landing but clean / 3t2t / combo spin is fast & pretty well centered pos are ok / spirals are ok misxed with spread eagles / 2a / flycam has good pos & centered maybe a bit slow / 3z slight possiblity of 2ft – have to watch replay – no 2foot / strt steps to flamenco dancing match well with music / 3s / upright spin – something might have gone a bit wrong – I looked down for a second and she was spinning very slow / O ftwrk is ok – didn’t really see all of it trying to figure out what went wrong with the spin /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Group # 3

Elena Sokolova RUS Start # 13
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 Currently F 1 Overall 1
Notre Dame de Paris Soundtrack black with one sleeve semisheer top bit of red on skirt & one red glove
3z3t toe might have been 2footed – far end of rink / 3f possible 2ft turns out / some chor as music changes from heavy beat and becomes lighter & more melodic / 3s3t toe was def 2footed / flycam has lovely fly & pos centered / 3l / layback is sideways – decent pos & speed, travelled a bit / music really slows and some more chor / 3z doubled ?? think so – need to check replay and then with all the new reporters arriving forgot to check it / spirals with slide spiral very nice / combo spin travelled in a circle pos ok speed a bit slow / O ftwrk flows well circle a bit small / 2a / butterly upright spin into scratch / huge cheers from the crowd and loads of Russian flags including the pair of old Soviet flags /

Elena Liashenko UKR Start # 14
Ordinals 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 Currently F 3 Overall 2
Frida Soundrack Mostly illusion top with red & black strategically placed design red underskirt
Chor to fairly slow spanish guitar / 3z2t / music speeds up / 3f possible 2fot / 3t didn’t look quick enough to see landing / flycam sit catchfoot with 2 hands very fast & good pos / music is really slow and some chor / 3f2t / more chor / layback with hands behind back is centered and fast pos is ok – not great / another skater with gold blades – meant to mentionit before / spirals are ok / 3s was tilted in air bailed on it / upright spin / music picks up again / 3z pretty sure 2ft with wild free leg / strt steps / 3s multiple turns 2a / combo spin to end

Rosaleen

Medalist
Irina Slutskaya RUS Start # 15
Ordinals 2 3 3 3 3 5 5 6 8 Currently F 3 Overall 2
Wonderland, Whisper from the Mirror Silver on top of bodice & sleeves fairly long black skirt with bit of red in front
Huge, huge cheers from the crowd as she is introduced and takes the ice loads of Russian flags
Some chor to set mood t/ travel 3’s into 3l with really tight landing with wild free leg – held it with sheer determination / popped lutz – never got off ice / 3s 2t 1/2l 3s - 1/2l appeared to be done to cover up bad landing on the 2t / flycam – didn’t really see it / 3z / layback in perfect classic pos with really nice arms & centered good speed / spirals don’t seems to have enough spirals / popped flip – again, didn’t seem to get a good pick / 2a / upright spin in 2handed catchfoot / music has really picked up and crowd is clapping / 3t2t / strt ftwrk moves well and is quite detailed / combo spin to end is quite good with beillmanns on both legs /

Fumie Suguri JPN Start # 16
Ordinals 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 3 Currently F 1 Overall 1
Symphony #40 by Mozart Turqoise with flowey bells sleeves
Music is nice & bright to start / 3z2t / she’s really moving ! / 3f / and the Japanese up behind me are cheering loudly at every jump / 2s / huge death drop with cnetered spin in good pos – could be a bit faster / flycam to inside edge in nice pos centered / music really softens & slows and some chor at centre ice / long prep into 3l – clean / 3z / more chor to piano section of music / 3t from travel 3’s / 2a / layback with strt leg is very pretty good speed & centereed / music picks up and crowd is clapping / 3f2t possible slight 2ft on flip big yells from the Japanese behind me / music picks up some more for her O ftwrk that is really fast & flows / great combo spin to end finishing with fast scratch / and she’s in tears or very close to it / crowd is very enthusisastic /

Viktoria Volchkova RUS Start # 17
Ordinals 9 10 11 11 12 12 13 13 15 Currently F 12 Overall 8
Four Seasons; Air by Bach Black with one shoulder bit of pink on side of skirt
Huge 3z2t / music is melodic / 3l stumbled out forward / some chor / 3f fell / layback is very fast with pretty good pos – leg is very good / into 4 seasons now / 3s / O ftwrk moves well but circle seems small / back to ‘air’ and some chor / 3t hand down almost fell / spirals are ok / 2a / flycam with huge fly centered with good pos / back to 4 seasons and quite fast section / 3z had it then fell / crowd is really cheering now to encourage her / combo spin is fast & centered / upright scratch spin /

Joannie Rochette CAN Start # 18
Ordinals 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 Currently F 2 Overall 2
Il Etait Une Fois le Diable white shading to light blue at hem of skirt blue & silver sequins across top of bodice
Music starts out very mournful / 3l fell / skating around prep for lutz / 3z – good girl / flycam has nice fly very good speed and into nice inside edge / spirals have good amplitatued and extension speed a little slow / 3f turns 3t seq / music gets more melodic – you want to sway to it / flycam ch cam is very good / some nice chor / 3f / O ftwrk is good / layback goes from classic to strt leg – speed is very fast / 3t / turns 3s / 2a / combo spin to end is quite good travel a bit in a circle / standing O from Canadian team & zagorska & siudek who are sitting with them /

Flamma

On the Ice
Kara Bear said:
I'm listening to Eurosport
It sounds like Arakawa was rocking!

Oh, yes she did!!!!!!!!!!! She was awesome!

1 Shizuka ARAKAWA JPN 1.0
5.7 5.7 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 6.0
5.8 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.9

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
WOW...

I'm Eurosporting to and CANNOT WAIT to see Arakawa on TV tonight. 3/3/2 and 3/3 and sounds like a wonderful performance otherwise. The US ladies definintely need to up their technical ante jump wise.

DG

Flamma

On the Ice
Re: What happened?

hydroradi said:
Did some guy jump security and get on the ice before Michelle skated?

I don't know........He's a total freak!
btw, what was written on his back?