Entries 2014 World Junior Championships | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 World Junior Championships

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
If Radionova is missing Worlds because she's injured, then why is she one of the substitutes?

It was said that, if she heals enough to compete, she will compete instead of Alexandra Proklova who was 3rd at Russian Junior Nationals.

I feel sad for the skaters who don't have minimum scores yet. Junior Worlds should be a developmental competition, IMO.

Nirti

Medalist
I feel sad for the skaters who don't have minimum scores yet. Junior Worlds should be a developmental competition, IMO.

I agree! And they are many :(

French selection has surprised a little bit. Anais Ventard hasn't compete in junior this year. But was 3rd at Nats and Lecavelier was in Europes. The French junior nats will be held only next week-end... But it's nice to see that Anais is allowed to compete again!

French selection has surprised a little bit. Anais Ventard hasn't compete in junior this year. But was 3rd at Nats and Lecavelier was in Europes. The French junior nats will be held only next week-end... But it's nice to see that Anais is allowed to compete again!

French selection is always so :rolleye: worthy. Ventard was never allowed to compete at Euros even when she has beaten others at Nationals. Good to see they are at least giving her Junior Worlds.

elif

Medalist
2006 Junior Worlds to 2010 Olympic Games: Virtue/Moir, Davis/White, Kim, Asada got individual Olympic medal.
2010 Junior Worlds to 2014 Olympic Games: Hanyu, Ten, Stolbova/Klimov, Ilinykh/Katsalapov got individual Olympic medal.

Other Junior Worlds doesn't have this many medalist. (2007-Chan, 2011-Sotnikova)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Australia and Japan are both entering Junior pairs! However, * means their qualifying scores were not verified by isu.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Australia and Japan are both entering Junior pairs! However, * means their qualifying scores were not verified by isu.

Australia's pair is going to the Challenge Cup in the Netherlands which is just a few days before Junior Worlds begins, to try to get the score.

Amei

Record Breaker
It was said that, if she heals enough to compete, she will compete instead of Alexandra Proklova who was 3rd at Russian Junior Nationals.

To me - she's almost got to skate, otherwise it looks bad that she was well-enough to take the time from training to do the exhibition skate at the Olympics weeks before Jr. Worlds.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To me - she's almost got to skate, otherwise it looks bad that she was well-enough to take the time from training to do the exhibition skate at the Olympics weeks before Jr. Worlds.

I missed her gala skate. Did she do zombie dance?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess it would be weird to not skate in the Olympics and then come out and do the zombie dance.