Entries 2014 World Junior Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 World Junior Championships

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Didnt Proklova get 4th behind Adelina,Yulia, and Radinova at Nationals? Are they not sending Serafima too?

Radionova is on the list and they sidelined 3rd finisher Proklova for a 4th finisher Medvedeva with slow skating skills

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Radionova is on the list and they sidelined 3rd finisher Proklova for a 4th finisher Medvedeva with slow skating skills

Slow is an understatement. But what about Serafima?

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Julianne Séguin out for Canada, Larkyn Austman to replace. No reason given but I assume injury.

Her junior pair entry is also out and Canada doesn't have another Junior age eligible team to replace them that have met the minimum scores.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I will miss Sotskova--her 4 seasons short is one of my fav. And not sending Proklova??? I would watch her two programs this season (I only got to know her this season) all day long without getting bored. I even feel Proklova starts to replacing Radionova's place in my heart. Now neither Medvedeva nor Sakhanovich is enjoyable to watch.:scowl:

Why not put Proklova back on the team if Sotskova is out? That doesn't make any sense.

hanca

Record Breaker
Why not put Proklova back on the team if Sotskova is out? That doesn't make any sense.

Prokloova was the main entry, not a substitute. I thought that maybe because to withdraw someone they had to claim that she is injured, so they can't have her suddenly 'recovered'. Maybe if they waited with withdrawing Proklova, Sotskova would get injured and they would replace Sotskova with Radionova and didn't have to take Proklova off the team. But obviously they couldn't have known that Sotskova would get injured... Anyway, that's my guess.

hanca

Record Breaker
Amano is the TS for ladies. This could be a good sign for Miyahara.

Good sign? I think quite on the contrary. Amano has always seemed to be the strictest with Mao and dinging her for underrotations. Myahara has had problems with underrotations in the past. Would Amano treat Myahara any differently than Mao? I love Myahara's skating; she is so tidy and balletic, but I think the last thing she needs is TS who is stricter than others with underrotating.

NMURA

Medalist
Considering Amano's impressive "records" of Japanese wins, he could be a guardian angel again. It's true that Miyahara's UR problems have improved since nationals. Maybe the pressure is on the Russians.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Prokloova was the main entry, not a substitute. I thought that maybe because to withdraw someone they had to claim that she is injured, so they can't have her suddenly 'recovered'. Maybe if they waited with withdrawing Proklova, Sotskova would get injured and they would replace Sotskova with Radionova and didn't have to take Proklova off the team. But obviously they couldn't have known that Sotskova would get injured... Anyway, that's my guess.

Medvedeva has no chance of a podium with her low PCS and molasses on ice like skating skills

Country
Russia
Substituting Proklova by Radionova was in fact planned about a month ago. Radionova recovered (after injury or illness) and Federation waited wanting to see will she recover enough.
Few days before JrWorlds Proklova (who had last of three spots) was substituted by Radionova who is really better. They thought, I believe, that for so short time nothing may happen, and Proklova was excluded from the list.
But happened - Sotskova injuried. So was the only solution - to include the only skater from substitute list, Medvedeva.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Michael Christian Martinez not going to Sofia :no:
following advice by doctor and coach ..
knee injury not completely healed yet, and falls during his current practices are adding to the injuries :no:
Get well soon MIC :clap:

Read more here:
source ABS-CBN North America News Bureau and related

https://arloc888.wordpress.com/2014...o-winter-olympian-michael-christian-martinez/

MCM has become an overnight celebrity in the Phils., and with limited ice time already and the sudden crush of public appearances, I'm not surprised he's dropped out. The good news though is that while he recuperates, lots of benefactors have publicly pledged to help him financially, and he's been to a lot of fundraisers for his career, so he'll be able to improve and get the ice time he needs to do well in the coming years. :)