Should Yuzuru Hanyu Go for the 4A? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Should Yuzuru Hanyu Go for the 4A?

hurrah

Medalist
But Yuzu can reel off triple-axels like nothing. He's shown that he can do like three triple-axels in a row with a hop in between at exhibitions, and triple-axel-quad-toe, I think it was in exhibition. And this season, he did two triple-axels in the second-half of his free program, both of them combinations, and did he miss it even once? I don't know of any male skater who can do a triple-axel as easily as Yuzu seems to do them. He probably has an easier time doing it than Yagudin, Plushenko, or any other male skater in history.

Meoima

Match Penalty
But Yuzu can reel off triple-axels like nothing. He's shown that he can do like three triple-axels in a row with a hop in between at exhibitions, and triple-axel-quad-toe, I think it was in exhibition. And this season, he did two triple-axels in the second-half of his free program, both of them combinations, and did he miss it even once? I don't know of any male skater who can do a triple-axel as easily as Yuzu seems to do them. He probably has an easier time doing it than Yagudin, Plushenko, or any other male skater in history.
I would like to see the kid in competition for the next 8 years, not 2 or 3 years you know. :cry:

longjiajia811

Rinkside
His 3A is absolutely fantastic; there was a clip out-there where he did 3A from a STAND-STILL.
I think if he goes for the 4A, he'll have better luck with it than the 4S.
What do you guys think?
please give me the clip link I just can't believe it without seeing

Paola D

Rinkside
Hanyu actually getting close to landing the 4A (?)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140330-00000004-tospoweb-spo
(the source is a typical tabloid paper so don't take it seriously)

He could challenge it when he doesn't have anything worthy of genuine efforts. I think his goals in next season are the 4Loop and the second world title. Also 4CC is the only championship title he doesn't have yet.

He said in one of the interviews he is planning on doing other quads than 4T and 4S, not in next season, but in the year after that. I don't remember which one, but I actually heard him saying that.

Poice

Final Flight
He said in one of the interviews he is planning on doing other quads than 4T and 4S, not in next season, but in the year after that. I don't remember which one, but I actually heard him saying that.

Yes, he said that he wants to add 4R and 4Lz, but he's not going to add 4F :)

moviechick

On the Ice
If anyone can, I guess it would be Hanyu. He has a very very thin torso so that gives him a much bigger adavtange.

Yagudin was never really going to manage it with his build.