Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014

Banned

A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014

it is possible we will be seeing a 2002 SLC scenario, an unexpected wins the competition
    with the major favorites falling out in the FS, with the tight and close scores, the OGM is not a done deal yet
    the judges are giving a signal to Yuna, if you want the OGM 2peat, skate clean or else it will go to someone else

who could win

Gracie
    Adelina
    Carolina

one of them have a chance for OGM

Custom Title
    More than likely Sotnikova. Which of the contenders will wear a blue dress? That will be one clue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    More than likely Sotnikova. Which of the contenders will wear a blue dress? That will be one clue.
    seems the underdogs are peaking at the right time

I actually think if she actually goes totally clean they are going to give it to Carolina.

As I don't believe that will really happen, I think Yuna will win. I also think Yuna would have been marked (slightly!) higher if she had skated later.

However, I agree with what is said above... Yuna can't make mistakes and expect to win. Any one of the top 3 could take it.

Custom Title
    Hughes was 4th like Gold. Kostner is more like 2006 Arakawa.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I actually think if she actually goes totally clean they are going to give it to Carolina.

As I don't believe that will really happen, I think Yuna will win. I also think Yuna would have been marked (slightly!) higher if she had skated later.

However, I agree with what is said above... Yuna can't make mistakes and expect to win. Any one of the top 3 could take it.
    this was expected
    this isn't 2010 where Yuna where she can afford a huge lead
    if Carolina is clean, she will win, Bolero is a masterpeice while Yuna's Adios Nino falls flat and should score lower PCS with no transitions

I hope Caroline wins after 2 Olympic heartbreaks

Banned

Kostner being placed below Sotnikova (even with the bribes and deals that went into her corrupt score) who had a much easier jump combination is a huge thumbs down from the judges. Even if she somehow goes clean (yeah right) I still dont think she is taking it unless both Kim and Sotnikova semi bomb. Kim is skating last this time, as opposed to in a weenie flight which probably lowered her score 3-5 points, and a guaranteed ridiculously overscored Sotnikova has a higher base value and harder jumps in the LP as opposed to the short where she beat a clean Kostner with easier jumps and a lower base value.

Come on guys, you gotta let sky_fly hold on to her dreams of Gold pulling of a Hughes. It will be crushed to bits very soon anyways.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Come on guys, you gotta let sky_fly hold on to her dreams of Gold pulling of a Hughes. It will be crushed to bits very soon anyways.
    a 5 point lead by the so called "Queen" is very beatable by Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Kostner being placed below Sotnikova (even with the bribes and deals that went into her corrupt score) who had a much easier jump combination is a huge thumbs down from the judges. Even if she somehow goes clean (yeah right) I still dont think she is taking it unless both Kim and Sotnikova semi bomb. Kim is skating last this time, as opposed to in a weenie flight which probably lowered her score 3-5 points, and a guaranteed ridiculously overscored Sotnikova has a higher base value and harder jumps in the LP as opposed to the short where she beat a clean Kostner with easier jumps and a lower base value.
    I think in Russia, sure, clean Sotnikova maybe beats clean Carolina due to BV, but I don't consider it a real possibility that Sotnikova is going to go clean. Carolina also has a PCS cushion over Adelina. If you don't believe me look at the protocols. Sotnikova also would have been third if Carolina's step sequence had been level 4. I would bet money it will be tomorrow.

I REALLY like Sotnikova though and would like strongly to be wrong about her ability to go clean and to discover she has legitimately turned a corner in terms of that.

Carolina had higher PCS than Yuna today by nearly one full point. I do believe the judges are willing, ready, and wanting to give it to her, ESPECIALLY now as Mao is out, but as I admit, she had to be clean, and as I also admit clearly above, I share your opinion that this is unlikely.

I view the most likely results as
    1. Kim
    2. Kostner or Adelina (whoever has the least mistakes)
    3. Kostner or Adelina (whoever has more mistakes)
    4. Lipnitskaia
    5.Gold

Banned
    I think in Russia, sure, clean Sotnikova maybe beats clean Carolina due to BV, but I don't consider it a real possibility that Sotnikova is going to go clean. Carolina also has a PCS cushion over Adelina. If you don't believe me look at the protocols. Sotnikova also would have been third if Carolina's step sequence had been level 4. I would bet money it will be tomorrow.

I REALLY like Sotnikova though and would like strongly to be wrong about her ability to go clean and to discover she has legitimately turned a corner in terms of that.

Carolina had higher PCS than Yuna today by nearly one full point. I do believe the judges are willing, ready, and wanting to give it to her, ESPECIALLY now as Mao is out, but as I admit, she had to be clean, and as I also admit clearly above, I share your opinion that this is unlikely.

1. Kim
    4. Lipnitskaia
    5.Gold
    and Bolero will score a 2 or close to 2 point full ahead of PCS compared to Yuna's underwhelming FS program, " if " Carolina is clean, she will win

Banned

Carolina had higher PCS than Yuna today by one full point. I do believe the judges are willing, ready, and wanting to give it to her, ESPECIALLY now as Mao is out, but as I admit, she had to be clean, and as I also admit clearly above, I share your opinion that this is unlikely.

1. Kim
    4. Lipnitskaia
    5.Gold
    Kim skating last would never skate clean and be scored below Kostner regardless what Kostner does, and I prefer Kostner to Kim. Lets face it, if Kim were in the final flight today her score would be atleast 3-4 points higher and way beyond Kostner depite Kostner doing a jump combination she almost never will do. It is also silly to discount Sotnikova from being clean (which I agree will never happen) but consider Kostner being (which also will never happen). If you are going to consider one you have to consider the other. The difference is Kostner hasnt had millions payed to buy her medal, so she is at a disadvantage of the two.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Kim skating last would never skate clean and be scored below Kostner regardless what Kostner does, and I prefer Kostner to Kim. Lets face it, if Kim were in the final flight today her score would be atleast 3-4 points higher and way beyond Kostner depite Kostner doing a jump combination she almost never will do. It is also silly to discount Sotnikova from being clean (which I agree will never happen) but consider Kostner being (which also will never happen). If you are going to consider one you have to consider the other. The difference is Kostner hasnt had millions payed to buy her medal, so she is at a disadvantage of the two.
    and how sure are that Kim will be clean in FS ? she makes some small mistakes usually in the FS
    if she wont go clean and other 2 goes clean, she will not win period

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    and Bolero will score a 2 or close to 2 point full ahead of PCS compared to Yuna's underwhelming FS program, " if " Carolina is clean, she will win
    A clean Carolina does not exist, esp. at the Olympics.
    If Caro is clean, then Yuna will somehow substitute a 3lo at the end instead of her 2a. Do you like fairy tales?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    and how sure are that Kim will be clean in FS ? she makes some small mistakes usually in the FS
    if she wont go clean and other 2 goes clean, she will not win period
    Of the three Kim is the most likely to go clean by a huge margin. That is something you cant dispute. Anyway it doesnt matter, unless Sotnikova falls atleast twice she is guaranteed gold even if Kostner and Kim are both clean with 3 quads. The Russians payed alot for that medal, like all their other skating medals at these Games, and they arent going to let it go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast