Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    a 5 point lead by the so called "Queen" is very beatable by Gracie
    Yes, indeed. Go ahead and indulge in such fantasies while they last.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Kim skating last would never skate clean and be scored below Kostner regardless what Kostner does, and I prefer Kostner to Kim. Lets face it, if Kim were in the final flight today her score would be atleast 3-4 points higher and way beyond Kostner depite Kostner doing a jump combination she almost never will do. It is also silly to discount Sotnikova from being clean (which I agree will never happen) but consider Kostner being (which also will never happen). If you are going to consider one you have to consider the other. The difference is Kostner hasnt had millions payed to buy her medal, so she is at a disadvantage of the two.
    Let me put it a different way since I am not sure I am being as inconsistent as you think I am: EVEN IF clean Adelina beats clean Carolina (which I am not convinced of) I do think there is NO WAY clean Adelina beats clean Yuna. I think in that case (if you are right and clean Adelina beats clean Carolina) the order is Yuna, Adelina, Carolina. I see a possibility of clean Carolina beating clean Yuna. You disagree and that is fine. However, I see no possibility of clean Adelina beating clean Yuna and that is why I was phrasing my opinions as I was. You are free to disagree with that too, I am not meaning this as a continuation of our disagreement on this, just trying to explain that I am not actually discounting one going clean and not the other, or at least it's not my intention.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Of the three Kim is the most likely to go clean by a huge margin. That is something you cant dispute. Anyway it doesnt matter, unless Sotnikova falls atleast twice she is guaranteed gold even if Kostner and Kim are both clean with 3 quads. The Russians payed alot for that medal, like all their other skating medals at these Games, and they arent going to let it go.
    Sotnikova skating clean is not going to happen, but she is contender for a medal
    but it will be either Kostner or Kim for OGM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Let me put it a different way since I am not sure I am being as inconsistent as you think I am: EVEN IF clean Adelina beats clean Carolina (which I am not convinced of) I do think there is NO WAY clean Adelina beats clean Yuna. I think in that case (if you are right and clean Adelina beats clean Carolina) the order is Yuna, Adelina, Carolina. I see a possibility of clean Carolina beating clean Yuna. You disagree and that is fine. However, I see no possibility of clean Adelina beating clean Yuna and that is why I was phrasing my opinions as I was. You are free to disagree with that too, I am not meaning this as a continuation of our disagreement on this, just trying to explain that I am not actually discounting one going clean and not the other, or at least it's not my intention.
    Fair enough. Lets just say my cynicsm in the Russian fixed Games has grown a bit with each event, and I have stubbornly been in denial until now, but Sotnikova's score with only a triple toe-triple toe pretty much convinced me (not in itself, the cummulation of 9 rounds of some questionable Russian score in all but 1 or 2). Remember there was a report from your own country about it warning us long before today. While the medals up until now have probably been deserved, the scores in many cases have been outrageous, and seem to go along with what they were suggesting was already in play, and Sotnikova's score today which almost nobody seems to agree with (I would have been fine conceding I might be wrong in my assessment of her score if my opinion on it wasnt seemingly echoed by 98% of everyone else in the interim since) certainly goes along with that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    agreed, No way a clean Sotnikova can score higher than a clean Kim or Kostner in FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Yes, indeed. Go ahead and indulge in such fantasies while they last.
    so is a three point lead by the princess Gracie over the newcomer Yulia

Custom Title
    agreed, No way a clean Sotnikova can score higher than a clean Kim or Kostner in FS
    Well Kostner wants that gold but her content sometimes is watered down but I think Stonikova knows she is in trouble with Gracie Gold creeping up. Gold has that American polish of former champions.

Sotnikova is not going to lose to Gold, fall or no fall. They are about equal in BV, but Sotnikova has a HUGE PCS cushion over Gold. She's pretty much guaranteed a podium finish unless she implodes like Asada. It's possible Lipnitskaya might edge her out if she makes mistakes and Lipnistkaya goes clean. Sky_fly seems to be forget that the PCS difference is magnified in the LP by a factor of 1.6.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Sotnikova is not going to lose to Gold
    The only way I can see Gold getting on the podium is a Kostner meltdown. A Sotnikova mini meltdown will still be scored within 5 points of Gold minimum which would keep her ahead. Lipnitskaya is more likely to make it on the podium from behind than Gold, and could potentially pass either Kostner or Sotnikova if they have enough problems.

Banned
    a Sarah Hughes moment indeed

congrats Adelina
    she has proven everyone wrong including me

Rinkside
    It is funny reading these after the fact

Yet this happened, and Adelina won by 5 and 8 points respectively! How is that possible?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie12 View Post
    It is funny reading these after the fact

Yet this happened, and Adelina won by 5 and 8 points respectively! How is that possible?
    too bad Kostner wasn't clean she would have won it
    and Kim had 6 triples !

I know, right? I never thought Adelina, who wasn't even clean and received a minus GOE, could win over clean Yuna.

Oh, whatever. Yuna pulled through and she skated four clean programs in two Olympics. That's going to go down in the record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2