A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014 | Golden Skate

A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
it is possible we will be seeing a 2002 SLC scenario, an unexpected wins the competition
with the major favorites falling out in the FS, with the tight and close scores, the OGM is not a done deal yet
the judges are giving a signal to Yuna, if you want the OGM 2peat, skate clean or else it will go to someone else

who could win

Gracie
Adelina
Carolina

one of them have a chance for OGM

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually think if she actually goes totally clean they are going to give it to Carolina.

As I don't believe that will really happen, I think Yuna will win. I also think Yuna would have been marked (slightly!) higher if she had skated later.

However, I agree with what is said above... Yuna can't make mistakes and expect to win. Any one of the top 3 could take it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I actually think if she actually goes totally clean they are going to give it to Carolina.

As I don't believe that will really happen, I think Yuna will win. I also think Yuna would have been marked (slightly!) higher if she had skated later.

However, I agree with what is said above... Yuna can't make mistakes and expect to win. Any one of the top 3 could take it.

this was expected
this isn't 2010 where Yuna where she can afford a huge lead
if Carolina is clean, she will win, Bolero is a masterpeice while Yuna's Adios Nino falls flat and should score lower PCS with no transitions

I hope Caroline wins after 2 Olympic heartbreaks

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Kostner being placed below Sotnikova (even with the bribes and deals that went into her corrupt score) who had a much easier jump combination is a huge thumbs down from the judges. Even if she somehow goes clean (yeah right) I still dont think she is taking it unless both Kim and Sotnikova semi bomb. Kim is skating last this time, as opposed to in a weenie flight which probably lowered her score 3-5 points, and a guaranteed ridiculously overscored Sotnikova has a higher base value and harder jumps in the LP as opposed to the short where she beat a clean Kostner with easier jumps and a lower base value.

Krislite

Medalist
Come on guys, you gotta let sky_fly hold on to her dreams of Gold pulling of a Hughes. It will be crushed to bits very soon anyways.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Kostner being placed below Sotnikova (even with the bribes and deals that went into her corrupt score) who had a much easier jump combination is a huge thumbs down from the judges. Even if she somehow goes clean (yeah right) I still dont think she is taking it unless both Kim and Sotnikova semi bomb. Kim is skating last this time, as opposed to in a weenie flight which probably lowered her score 3-5 points, and a guaranteed ridiculously overscored Sotnikova has a higher base value and harder jumps in the LP as opposed to the short where she beat a clean Kostner with easier jumps and a lower base value.

I think in Russia, sure, clean Sotnikova maybe beats clean Carolina due to BV, but I don't consider it a real possibility that Sotnikova is going to go clean. Carolina also has a PCS cushion over Adelina. If you don't believe me look at the protocols. Sotnikova also would have been third if Carolina's step sequence had been level 4. I would bet money it will be tomorrow.

I REALLY like Sotnikova though and would like strongly to be wrong about her ability to go clean and to discover she has legitimately turned a corner in terms of that.

Carolina had higher PCS than Yuna today by nearly one full point. I do believe the judges are willing, ready, and wanting to give it to her, ESPECIALLY now as Mao is out, but as I admit, she had to be clean, and as I also admit clearly above, I share your opinion that this is unlikely.

I view the most likely results as
1. Kim
2. Kostner or Adelina (whoever has the least mistakes)
3. Kostner or Adelina (whoever has more mistakes)
4. Lipnitskaia
5.Gold

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think in Russia, sure, clean Sotnikova maybe beats clean Carolina due to BV, but I don't consider it a real possibility that Sotnikova is going to go clean. Carolina also has a PCS cushion over Adelina. If you don't believe me look at the protocols. Sotnikova also would have been third if Carolina's step sequence had been level 4. I would bet money it will be tomorrow.

I REALLY like Sotnikova though and would like strongly to be wrong about her ability to go clean and to discover she has legitimately turned a corner in terms of that.

Carolina had higher PCS than Yuna today by nearly one full point. I do believe the judges are willing, ready, and wanting to give it to her, ESPECIALLY now as Mao is out, but as I admit, she had to be clean, and as I also admit clearly above, I share your opinion that this is unlikely.

1. Kim
4. Lipnitskaia
5.Gold

and Bolero will score a 2 or close to 2 point full ahead of PCS compared to Yuna's underwhelming FS program, " if " Carolina is clean, she will win

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Carolina had higher PCS than Yuna today by one full point. I do believe the judges are willing, ready, and wanting to give it to her, ESPECIALLY now as Mao is out, but as I admit, she had to be clean, and as I also admit clearly above, I share your opinion that this is unlikely.

1. Kim
4. Lipnitskaia
5.Gold

Kim skating last would never skate clean and be scored below Kostner regardless what Kostner does, and I prefer Kostner to Kim. Lets face it, if Kim were in the final flight today her score would be atleast 3-4 points higher and way beyond Kostner depite Kostner doing a jump combination she almost never will do. It is also silly to discount Sotnikova from being clean (which I agree will never happen) but consider Kostner being (which also will never happen). If you are going to consider one you have to consider the other. The difference is Kostner hasnt had millions payed to buy her medal, so she is at a disadvantage of the two.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kim skating last would never skate clean and be scored below Kostner regardless what Kostner does, and I prefer Kostner to Kim. Lets face it, if Kim were in the final flight today her score would be atleast 3-4 points higher and way beyond Kostner depite Kostner doing a jump combination she almost never will do. It is also silly to discount Sotnikova from being clean (which I agree will never happen) but consider Kostner being (which also will never happen). If you are going to consider one you have to consider the other. The difference is Kostner hasnt had millions payed to buy her medal, so she is at a disadvantage of the two.

and how sure are that Kim will be clean in FS ? she makes some small mistakes usually in the FS
if she wont go clean and other 2 goes clean, she will not win period

guanchi

On the Ice
and Bolero will score a 2 or close to 2 point full ahead of PCS compared to Yuna's underwhelming FS program, " if " Carolina is clean, she will win
A clean Carolina does not exist, esp. at the Olympics.
If Caro is clean, then Yuna will somehow substitute a 3lo at the end instead of her 2a. Do you like fairy tales?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
and how sure are that Kim will be clean in FS ? she makes some small mistakes usually in the FS
if she wont go clean and other 2 goes clean, she will not win period

Of the three Kim is the most likely to go clean by a huge margin. That is something you cant dispute. Anyway it doesnt matter, unless Sotnikova falls atleast twice she is guaranteed gold even if Kostner and Kim are both clean with 3 quads. :laugh: The Russians payed alot for that medal, like all their other skating medals at these Games, and they arent going to let it go.

tulosai

Record Breaker

Let me put it a different way since I am not sure I am being as inconsistent as you think I am: EVEN IF clean Adelina beats clean Carolina (which I am not convinced of) I do think there is NO WAY clean Adelina beats clean Yuna. I think in that case (if you are right and clean Adelina beats clean Carolina) the order is Yuna, Adelina, Carolina. I see a possibility of clean Carolina beating clean Yuna. You disagree and that is fine. However, I see no possibility of clean Adelina beating clean Yuna and that is why I was phrasing my opinions as I was. You are free to disagree with that too, I am not meaning this as a continuation of our disagreement on this, just trying to explain that I am not actually discounting one going clean and not the other, or at least it's not my intention.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Of the three Kim is the most likely to go clean by a huge margin. That is something you cant dispute. Anyway it doesnt matter, unless Sotnikova falls atleast twice she is guaranteed gold even if Kostner and Kim are both clean with 3 quads. :laugh: The Russians payed alot for that medal, like all their other skating medals at these Games, and they arent going to let it go.

Sotnikova skating clean is not going to happen, but she is contender for a medal
but it will be either Kostner or Kim for OGM

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Let me put it a different way since I am not sure I am being as inconsistent as you think I am: EVEN IF clean Adelina beats clean Carolina (which I am not convinced of) I do think there is NO WAY clean Adelina beats clean Yuna. I think in that case (if you are right and clean Adelina beats clean Carolina) the order is Yuna, Adelina, Carolina. I see a possibility of clean Carolina beating clean Yuna. You disagree and that is fine. However, I see no possibility of clean Adelina beating clean Yuna and that is why I was phrasing my opinions as I was. You are free to disagree with that too, I am not meaning this as a continuation of our disagreement on this, just trying to explain that I am not actually discounting one going clean and not the other, or at least it's not my intention.

Fair enough. Lets just say my cynicsm in the Russian fixed Games has grown a bit with each event, and I have stubbornly been in denial until now, but Sotnikova's score with only a triple toe-triple toe pretty much convinced me (not in itself, the cummulation of 9 rounds of some questionable Russian score in all but 1 or 2). Remember there was a report from your own country about it warning us long before today. While the medals up until now have probably been deserved, the scores in many cases have been outrageous, and seem to go along with what they were suggesting was already in play, and Sotnikova's score today which almost nobody seems to agree with (I would have been fine conceding I might be wrong in my assessment of her score if my opinion on it wasnt seemingly echoed by 98% of everyone else in the interim since) certainly goes along with that.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

agreed, No way a clean Sotnikova can score higher than a clean Kim or Kostner in FS