A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

A Sarah Hughes repeat in 2014

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
agreed, No way a clean Sotnikova can score higher than a clean Kim or Kostner in FS

Well Kostner wants that gold but her content sometimes is watered down but I think Stonikova knows she is in trouble with Gracie Gold creeping up. Gold has that American polish of former champions.

Krislite

Medalist
Sotnikova is not going to lose to Gold, fall or no fall. They are about equal in BV, but Sotnikova has a HUGE PCS cushion over Gold. She's pretty much guaranteed a podium finish unless she implodes like Asada. It's possible Lipnitskaya might edge her out if she makes mistakes and Lipnistkaya goes clean. Sky_fly seems to be forget that the PCS difference is magnified in the LP by a factor of 1.6.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Sotnikova is not going to lose to Gold

The only way I can see Gold getting on the podium is a Kostner meltdown. A Sotnikova mini meltdown will still be scored within 5 points of Gold minimum which would keep her ahead. Lipnitskaya is more likely to make it on the podium from behind than Gold, and could potentially pass either Kostner or Sotnikova if they have enough problems.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
a Sarah Hughes moment indeed

congrats Adelina
she has proven everyone wrong including me

vegarin

On the Ice
I know, right? I never thought Adelina, who wasn't even clean and received a minus GOE, could win over clean Yuna.

Oh, whatever. Yuna pulled through and she skated four clean programs in two Olympics. That's going to go down in the record.