First ladies for next quad scoring above the 200 mark
    it seems the 200 mark will become teh norm for the ladies very soon
    with higher technical contents being done by the ladies

Sotnikova - 1st
    Gracie - 4th
    Julia - 5th

though Gracie was a bit undermarked in her PCS compared to the two

Custom Title
    I think the future is bright for all 3 ladies, and now they have a lot of international recognition with 2 OGM's for the Russian ladies and a 4th place finish for Gold. I hope to see more growth from all three and that they don't say 'well I've won this way, why do I need to change'.

Excited for World's. When is it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    I think the future is bright for all 3 ladies, and now they have a lot of international recognition with 2 OGM's for the Russian ladies and a 4th place finish for Gold. I hope to see more growth from all three and that they don't say 'well I've won this way, why do I need to change'.

Excited for World's. When is it?
    I would also add:

Polina Edmunds
    Elena Radionova
    Zijun Li as skaters for the future

Custom Title
    Only Gold can get the olympic scores in another place, I think.

Russianflation was Super Huge. That was Home record.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post

I disagree

they have legion of skaters too
    that have won gold in GP outside of home"flation"
    watch out for

Anna Pogorilaya
    Elena Radionova
    wil be back next season

though I think Gracie has the brightest future

*cough* Li Zijun, Kaetlyn Osmond, Polina Edmunds, and Elena Radinova *cough*

Out of the three mentioned in the title, I like Julia Lipnitskaya for some reason. She seems genuine.
    I quickly developed a dislike for Gracie Gold a few months ago and I suspect this dislike will never go away.
    As for Adelina, I have nothing against her, but her win today... I know it's not her fault the score was that rigged.

Polina Edmund has a very alien feel to me right now.
    I love Elena Radinova. She's so cute.
    And I like Zijun, too. She's so sweet.
    I may or may not come to like Kaetyln. I will maybe come to like her, but if I find Canada fixing her scores, I will not like her any more.

Custom Title
    I'm already looking forward to worlds. I hope Gracie can make the podium. Her jumps here were great. She just needs more competition under her belt. I look forward to seeing Gracie, Adelina and Julia battle it out at future competitions. I think they are the front runners heading to the next Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post

Actually Yulia performs much better outside of Russia. So your statement is false.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I'm already looking forward to worlds. I hope Gracie can make the podium. Her jumps here were great. She just needs more competition under her belt. I look forward to seeing Gracie, Adelina and Julia battle it out at future competitions. I think they are the front runners heading to the next Olympics.
    I don't think so because russia/usa has other juniors, they can improve. But I would like to see Sotnikova/Gold rivalry. Great jumps, great spins, great speed and hopefully great programs. This could be much more close than Kim/Asada. If only both of them could be a little more consistent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    First ladies for next quad scoring above the 200 mark
    it seems the 200 mark will become teh norm for the ladies very soon
    with higher technical contents being done by the ladies

Sotnikova - 1st
    Gracie - 4th
    Julia - 5th

though Gracie was a bit undermarked in her PCS compared to the two
    I know you love her to bits, but Gracie was NOT undermarked. All of them were overscored on PCS.

PCS OFFENDER #1 - Julia: high PCS inflation
    - Julia scored a personal best PCS of 70.06 which was higher than her team PCS (69.82)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall and UR stepout.
    - 0.24 points higher with a fall

PCS OFFENDER #2 - Adelina: very high PCS inflation
    Sotnikova scored 74.41 which was ridiculous in that it was on par with Kim and above Kostner/Mao (it was also a huge increase from her personal best of 69.60).
    - 4.81 points higher (with a minor stepout)

PCS OFFENDER #3 - Gracie: astronomical PCS inflation
    - Gracie scored a personal best PCS of 68.33 which was monstrously higher that her team PCS (61.89)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall.
    - 6.44 points higher, with a fall (Frank must have done quite the politicking to keep Gracie in 4th)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I know you love her to bits, but Gracie was NOT undermarked. All of them were overscored on PCS.

PCS OFFENDER #1 - Julia: high PCS inflation
    - Julia scored a personal best PCS of 70.06 which was higher than her team PCS (69.82)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall and UR stepout.
    - 0.24 points higher with a fall

PCS OFFENDER #2 - Adelina: very high PCS inflation
    Sotnikova scored 74.41 which was ridiculous in that it was on par with Kim and above Kostner/Mao (it was also a huge increase from her personal best of 69.60).
    - 4.81 points higher (with a minor stepout)

PCS OFFENDER #3 - Gracie: astronomical PCS inflation
    - Gracie scored a personal best PCS of 68.33 which was monstrously higher that her team PCS (61.89)... her team FS was clean, her individual FS had a fall.
    - 6.44 points higher, with a fall (Frank must have done quite the politicking to keep Gracie in 4th)

This is probably the best LP by Adelina. So arguing that she got all of 4.81 gifted is not accurate. But Gracie's score score inflation is apparent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    This is probably the best LP by Adelina. So arguing that she got all of 4.81 gifted is not accurate. But Gracie's score score inflation is apparent.
    I agree that this is Adelina's best freeskate. However, putting her PCS on par with Kim and higher than Mao/Kostner is unjustifiable. Perhaps you could argue Kim was a bit tentative and lacking her usual spark, but Kostner was brilliant and so was Mao. It was absolutely unnecessary, and she should have got 70 points PCS at best (still enough for the win, but barely). Mao should have had about 71 or 72 points.

Banned
    imo, Gracie too should have cleared 70 in PCS
    her PCS total can be higher than Julia

Caro had double jumps though
    I'd give her 2nd in FS if she went clean

Custom Title
    I see both Gracie and Julia doing very well at Worlds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast