Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gold, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and the future

Custom Title
    I feel a bit bad for Yulia, Adelina just steal all momentum she build this season in just a night.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlinicole View Post

Polina is also kind of a wild card to me. She was much better than I expected her to be in such a stressful situation for the first time but there are a lot of American girls who are just on the cusp and will probably rapidly improve in the next 4 years. Courtney Hicks may try for another quad and up and coming juniors Amber Glen and Tyler Pierce have a lot of potential as well.
    Edmunds looks so tall now. If she gain more weight and height, jumps could be a problem. Maybe its just me but she has quick rotation too, like Lipnitskaia.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Polina Edmunds really impressed me this time around. I love the way she uses her arms & for a skater her age, she had such amazing flow and grace in the long. Her jump technique is also crisp and clean. With the right packaging and track record, she should peak in time for Pyeongchang.

ETA: I think she looks awkward on ice because she's so tall and gangly. Let her grow into a more grown woman physique. I think she will really impress us.
    I'm actually afraid that Polina will grow even more. She's already tall for a figure skater, and maybe in a few years, she'll pass 170cm, which is even taller than Kostner.

Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    I'm actually afraid that Polina will grow even more. She's already tall for a figure skater, and maybe in a few years, she'll pass 170cm, which is even taller than Kostner.

You're not the only one. While I was watching her skate last night, I couldn't help but notice her long, lanky arms and legs. She might grow past 5'8", or she might just be long limbed but stays average height. Only time will tell.

Custom Title
    I'm pretty excited to see Gracie and Yulia battle it out! And I'm glad that Gracie got higher result than Yulia :P Hope to see the competitive rivalry between them=) They are excellent

Custom Title
    I root for Radionova. She is a joy to watch. Her jumps are big plus good flexibilities. She is very musical as well. Since she wasn't age eligible for Sochi plus her puberty issues, she was under the radar. Hope she will be back stronger next year. It is nice to see skaters who enjoy what they were doing(Akiki Suziki for example).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Someone had posted on the community Julia Lipnitskaia vk.com page 2 separate pictures of Julia (clearly at different times) with a petite woman that I think is her mother (look a bit alike). - If that woman is her mother, she's likely not to grow too much more. Here's one of the pictures, and you can click through a couple later are the same woman: http://vk.com/julia_lipnitskaya?z=ph...31036833_12592

I know I read an article that she went through some puberty monsters last season, and it says it in her wikipedia page that she had some puberty issues last season.
    that's not Julia's mom

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    I feel a bit bad for Yulia, Adelina just steal all momentum she build this season in just a night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3