Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Hypocrisy/Irony from 2010 Vancouver Men's FS result

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Now I know for sure you are a fake Kostner fan as someone else indicated. You arent upset in the least of a 7 triple Kostner losing to a 7 triple Sotnikova with weaker quality jumps and way worse basic skating and artistry. Dont even care in fact. Yeah definitely a fake Kostner fan.
    I suspect, a fake Gracie Gold fan, too. No one could seriously have such a "blonde" fetish in real life.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    Maybe at some point people will just view this as like the Oscars. Whoever wins, it's nice but doesn't actually mean you're the best.
    It's been that way for some time now.

LOL. This is exactly why Mao's 8-triple program beat Sotnikova's 7-triple LP, right? RIGHT? Give me a break. This was never about who had the most triples. People are just grasping at straws trying to come up with an excuse for Sotnikova's scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    There's almost always a controversial win at the Olympics. I don't think any amount of reform will completely erase that from the sport unless they change the nature of it and erase the performance component altogether.
    Well I thnk people on this site, and I risk getting death threats, are more particular about making their view points known. We are not judges of skating but we are armchair judges and extremely passionate (although I note many just rise to his site during the olympics and rarely are seen or heard again). To the average viewer they might just count the triple jumps. Artistry is sometimes hard to mark or appreciate. It's not like Adelina just stood their and jumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    To the average viewer they might just count the triple jumps. Artistry is sometimes hard to mark or appreciate.
    Actually, I think the opposite is true. i don't think the casual viewer counts the jumps (and certainly does not know that a flip is .2 points harder than a loop), But that viewer does appreciate artistry and performance qualities, even if, as you say, it might be hard to quantify.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Actually, I think the opposite is true. i don't think the casual viewer counts the jumps (and certainly does not know that a flip is .2 points harder than a loop), But that viewer does appreciate artistry and performance qualities, even if, as you say, it might be hard to quantify.
    I don't think average viewers care. I'm sure for them, this result is still way better than seeing all the men splat.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    LOL. This is exactly why Mao's 8-triple program beat Sotnikova's 7-triple LP, right? RIGHT? Give me a break. This was never about who had the most triples. People are just grasping at straws trying to come up with an excuse for Sotnikova's scores.
    Ditto. For god's sake. If it's a truly deserved win, there wouldn't be any need for justification. The results should speak for itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2