Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    So she should be allowed the same level of pleasure as real gold medalists who actually won a gold medal through their skating, something she was unable to do. No thanks.
    Who the f--k cares if she gets to enjoy her win. The system is the problem. Stop being a huge douche to skaters who have done nothing wrong here.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    The worst thing in the sport is to lose the respect of your peers. That is where Sotnikova now is. No past champion or fellow skater respects her victory, or perhaps ever her period at this point.
    That's taking it a bit far. Whether they agree with her scores or medal placement, it's hardly her fault that the judges gave her the scores they did.

I feel like if anyone does feel that way about her, then it's more telling of their character and flaws than her's....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I wish the skaters, journalists, and TV commentators would stop fueling the idea of controversy--there are more than enough nasty p[people out there who use it as an excuse to attack the athlete rather than the judging system. Ryan Bradley (who is also guilty of tweeting about his disapproval of the results--he must know there a rabid fans out there likely to verbally attack whoever they think has unfairly beated their favorite) tweeted that Adelina's Facebook page is getting littered by nasty comments. I checked, and that is incdeed the case.

I wish I was suprised that some people think it's ok to attack verbally a teenage athlete who just performed the two most brilliant skates of her life, but I'm not. And this is why I think it is irresposible of commentators, other skaters, as well as skating fans to be urging others to sign petitions and keep talking about the controversy. Let the federations take action if they feel there was foul play.

Custom Title
    She had stepped up to the podium to receive only flowers so far.

She didn't bribe the judges, her parents didn't set up snipers at the rink to threaten the judges, why are you taking your anger out on her anyway? Who in the history of Olympics voluntarily request their gold to be bronze anyway?

Custom Title
    Adelina is not at fault here. She could have easily been a victim as well had Yulia performed a little better. Both of them are equally disposable to Russian Federation's eyes. What mattered was that a Russian gets a gold. Didn't matter her name is Yulia, Adelina, Putina, or Stalina. That's what people are upset about.

Custom Title
    A petition at change.org about investigating the judging contains additional comments from various sports journalists and skaters https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...olympics#share.

On the Ice
    CCTV(Chinese) live commentator tweeted her thoughts after free skating saying "How could the president came to watch ending up with hands empty".

Custom Title
    The worst thing in the sport is to lose the respect of your peers. That is where Sotnikova now is. No past champion or fellow skater respects her victory, or perhaps ever her period at this point.
    Why? She skated great. She didn't judge her own program.

Leave Adelina alone. If judging is unclear, it's not her fault.

On the Ice
    Maybe because the other skaters are judges of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Why? She skated great. She didn't judge her own program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    You're a nut. The end.

Custom Title
    Oh she will see them. Nobody never looks at their own fan page. I am glad she will too. The last thing she deserves is to fully enjoy a cheated win. I hope as much of the backlash that will come in the next few weeks hits her in the face as possible including some of the greatest champions of all time openly mocking her multi million dollar Putin payed off victory.
    What an awful thing to say...Adelina skated a technically difficult program well and performed the heck out of it. So her PCS was overscored, but that is not Adelina's fault. She did a terrific job and deserves to be happy for her medal.

Now I feel bad for Adelina. All she did was skate her very best and ended up winning.. Yes her PCS were very high but she never skated like this before so of course she would get higher PCS than before!

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Oh she will see them. Nobody never looks at their own fan page. I am glad she will too. The last thing she deserves is to fully enjoy a cheated win. I hope as much of the backlash that will come in the next few weeks hits her in the face as possible including some of the greatest champions of all time openly mocking her multi million dollar Putin payed off victory.
    I'm curious as to what has made you such a pessimist and ill-spirited person.... You have a handful of skater that you devotedly love.....But you're downright crude and cruel when speaking of the rest.

Medalist
    Can someone please explain why she wore flesh toned gloves? Is it a medical reason?

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast