Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

Matilda

Medalist
Oh she will see them. Nobody never looks at their own fan page. I am glad she will too. The last thing she deserves is to fully enjoy a cheated win. I hope as much of the backlash that will come in the next few weeks hits her in the face as possible including some of the greatest champions of all time openly mocking her multi million dollar Putin payed off victory.

What an awful thing to say...Adelina skated a technically difficult program well and performed the heck out of it. So her PCS was overscored, but that is not Adelina's fault. She did a terrific job and deserves to be happy for her medal.

ks777

Record Breaker
Now I feel bad for Adelina. All she did was skate her very best and ended up winning.. Yes her PCS were very high but she never skated like this before so of course she would get higher PCS than before!

Oh she will see them. Nobody never looks at their own fan page. I am glad she will too. The last thing she deserves is to fully enjoy a cheated win. I hope as much of the backlash that will come in the next few weeks hits her in the face as possible including some of the greatest champions of all time openly mocking her multi million dollar Putin payed off victory.

I'm curious as to what has made you such a pessimist and ill-spirited person.... You have a handful of skater that you devotedly love.....But you're downright crude and cruel when speaking of the rest.

mintx

On the Ice
Can someone please explain why she wore flesh toned gloves? Is it a medical reason?

sowcow

On the Ice
focus, focus ... back to the Commentators

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc
(...there are lots of other threads to do the Adelina judging bashing/cheering)
:popcorn:

UnChosen

On the Ice
CCTV(Chinese) live commentator tweeted her thoughts after free skating saying "How could the president came to watch ending up with hands empty".

Considering Chinese skaters are frequently the target of harsh judging due to their (lack of) artistry I'm surprised that their reaction was not stronger. Shen & Zhao had to work so hard on their artistry because all the judges back then were favouring "Russian elegance" back then. Pang & Tong were always criticized for their weaker lines even when they were landing all their jumps...and their PCS were appropriately penalized back then.

Now all of a sudden "one more triple" is enough to win, artistry/lines/polish goes out the windows...the Chinese skaters must be pissed.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
The worst thing in the sport is to lose the respect of your peers. That is where Sotnikova now is. No past champion or fellow skater respects her victory, or perhaps ever her period at this point.
I guess that is why Kostner was one of the first to come and congratulate her.

SGrand

Final Flight
Watching NBC, While Scott and Sandra mentioned that Adelina's tech score would be huge, they seemed happily surprised at her total score.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
So she should be allowed the same level of pleasure as real gold medalists who actually won a gold medal through their skating, not Putin's and the Russian federation's money, something she was unable to do. No thanks.
Real Gold medalist? Now who would that be? Certainly not Yuna with her I am so bored look and even more boring free skate.

moviechick

On the Ice
Wow, NBC did not make anything of this at all. Kinda surprised but I guess there was no American or Canadian in the mix for gold.

NineTails

Rinkside
Also Per Michelle Kwan. While she preferred Kim's skate. Under this Scoring system, Adelina won fair and square. Because of more difficulty.
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/how-adelina-sotnikova-won-gold1-022014

What???

Michelle Kwan did not say that. That link you provided was by:

"Marie Millikan skated as Marie Vichova for Czechoslovakia in the 1968 Olympics. She has been a skating coach in Indianapolis for four decades and has covered eight Winter Olympics for The Associated Press."

What's quoted above is a direct copy and paste from the bottom of your link.

Adelina won because of the judges. Most current and ex-skaters are in agreement.

vegarin

On the Ice
She wasn't but it explains why she didn't get as high a score this time.

While Adelina perfectly deserved her scores? Please, are you really trying to bring up Yuna's scores from the last Olympics and comparing it to now to justify why she doesn't deserve as high a score? Her exact same jump layout just last Worlds, done flawlessly got ~148 and her PCS was less than what Adelina got at the Olympics this year.

Seriously, Adelina won. I'm not going to say fair and square, but she could have edged out Yuna by sheer energy she brings with her and people may have accepted it if the difference wasn't so huge. She got the same PCS as Yuna? For choreography, too?

So yeah, apparently Adelina into is a better skater than Yuna, because even with Yuna skating clean, she can't really edge out Adelina on any element. :rolleye:

Ven

Match Penalty
Yes, Adelina with a step out, one less element, and inferior artistry and skating skills, scored almost the exact same as Yuna's 2010 WR.

Thanks judges!