Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Reactions and criticism of judging by Network commentators - NBC, CBC, BBC, etc

Ven

Match Penalty
Sotnikova's did more technically here than she did in Europeans. Her PCS scores didn't improve that much more. If she got the same PCS scores at Euros that she got here, guess what-she still wins.

That's not true. With PCS at Euros + TES Olympics, Sotnikova scored 217 and Yuna scored 219. Yuna wins OGM. And we already knew Sotnikova was super inflated at Euros.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
So you don't think Sotnikova was going to get no PCS boast at the Olympics. Especially with a better skate, and some higher levels.:laugh:

You just admitted right there that she got PCS "boost" from skating in Sochi.

NineTails

Rinkside
So you don't think Sotnikova was going to get no PCS boast at the Olympics. Especially with a better skate, and some higher levels.:laugh:

You ask any current skater or ex-skater if Adelina suddenly improved her PCS skating that much in the last month that now she is on par with Mao, Costner, and Yuna and lets see what their answer will be. That's an unfair bump. Did any other skaters get such a bump? That's just PCS too.

Look at this GOE score from Judge 7's protocol:

GOE:
-1 (the combo jump where she stepped out)

PCS:

From the way this was scored, this judge obviously "thought" it was WR performance. It was really good but it doesn't come close to Yuna's FS in Vancouver.

Does this make sense? Oh wait, one of the judges husband is the head of the Russian Federation! Another was a Ukraine judge once suspended for fixing the Nagano Olympics.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
They all get PCS boosts in the Olympics. Yu-na got major PCS boasts in Vancover too. Its the Olympics!

Adelina got PCS-boosted to the OGM alright.

I notice that you're purposefully dodging many of the points that posters here have raised up about the scoring.

andyjo24

Medalist
Even if Sot did the 3/3 she didn't do at Euros, that doesn't justify her score of 149.95. She received 131 at Euros and even adding the 3toe value would not get her even close to 140.....

NineTails

Rinkside
They all get PCS boosts in the Olympics. Yu-na got major PCS boasts in Vancover too. Its the Olympics!

Where's this PCS boost this time around for Yuna, Costner, Mao? Oh it just happened that only Adelena got it this time around. Yeah...lol. I know no skater who thinks Adelina's PCS is better than Costner or Mao who she BEAT this time. That is clear unfair bump no matter how you try to word it.

andyjo24

Medalist

Sotnikova didn't only get the usual PCS boost at the Olympics. In addition to that she got the Russian boost.

Usual PCS Boost: 2 points.
Russian Boost: 3 points

Her true PCS Score: Around 69-70....

CarneAsada

Medalist
Sotnikova didn't only get the usual PCS boost at the Olympics. In addition to that she got the Russian boost.

Usual PCS Boost: 2 points.
Russian Boost: 3 points

Her true PCS Score: Around 69-70....
Adelina receiving 69-70 PCS is an insult to Mao Asada. She should've been more like 65 and Julia Lipnitskaya around 62.

vegarin

On the Ice

Oh, so this time only Adelina got the boost? What?

Jesus. Whatever, I'm not going to split hairs trying to debate BV and what Yuna could've gotten or not.

But if Adelina's win is 100% warranted, without fudging, then it should not be a problem to look into the judges for FS, right? Why it was not considered a conflict of interest for so many Russia-affiliated judges and technical caller to be presiding when Korean judge and US judge didn't make it? Was it an innocent mistake? Did they really think it wouldn't look strange? It's a very poor sportsmanship, if nothing else.

ISU doesn't want this sort of allegation hanging over their heads -- shouldn't, anyhow -- and if there's nothing to hide, then they should look into it. And hopefully it won't happen again. By pulling this, they're muddying the water. Even if I want to be convinced that Adelina's win was 100% deserved, how could I, with this list of judges?

bekalc

Record Breaker
At Trophy Bombard 2009 Yu-na got PCS scores of 66.40. At the Vancover Olympics Kim got 71.76. That's pretty big PCS boost don't you think. What about Hanyu's PCS boost in the last two months, and he wasn't even skating at home!

Hey let's talk about Gracie Gold. 61.89 in the Team event. Final here with a fall and much worse skate 68.33

At the Olympic games or the World Championships. Everyone gets higher PCS and PCS boost. You make the final group at a Worlds or Olympics. Then you establish yourself as a top skater in the sport, and guess what your getting a PCS boost.

That goes for ever skater. Sotnikova's been scoring huge or that short program. Young up and coming skaters, almost always get big pc boosts. I espect Polina Edmunds, to have PCS increasing very quickly.

A lot of times its not so much that they got better but rather that they were underscored before.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
At Trophy Bombard 2009 Yu-na got PCS scores of 66.40. At the Vancover Olympics Kim got 71.76. That's pretty big PCS boost don't you think. What about Hanyu's PCS boost in the last two months, and he wasn't even skating at home!

Hey let's talk about Gracie Gold. 61.89 in the Team event. Final here with a fall and much worse skate 68.33

At the Olympic games or the World Championships. Everyone gets higher PCS and PCS boost. You make the final group at a Worlds or Olympics. Then you establish yourself as a top skater in the sport, and guess what your getting a PCS boost.

That goes for ever skater. Sotnikova's been scoring huge or that short program. Young up and coming skaters, almost always get big pc boosts. I espect Polina Edmunds, to have PCS increasing very quickly.

A lot of times its not so much that they got better but rather that they were underscored before.

You're dodging addressing posters' points again. Why did Sotnikova (and Julia) get so much of a PCS boost in Sochi while other skaters didn't?

bekalc

Record Breaker
You're dodging addressing posters' points again. Why did Sotnikova (and Julia) get so much of a PCS boost in Sochi while other skaters didn't?

And as I stated. Other skaters DID get PCS boasts. See GOLd who got a 7 point PCS boost in Sochi.

andyjo24

Medalist

True, if Sotnikova and Julia got that much of a boost, shouldn't Kim/Caro/Mao receive at least a 77 for PCS in order to make the boost consistent for everyone? :confused:

bekalc

Record Breaker
True, if Sotnikova and Julia got that much of a boost, shouldn't Kim/Caro/Mao receive at least a 77 for PCS in order to make the boost consistent for everyone? :confused:

Once again Mao was going to lose out on PCS because she didn't make the final group. You can say that's unfair but everyone gets a PCS boost if they are in the final group. Look at Denis Ten.

Sotnikova scored 69.60 at Euros in PCS-she got 74 something here. I think its high. YES. However, Kostner got about a 2/3 point boast also. So let's say Sotnikova with the same PCS inflation that they give Kostner. Guess what Adelina still wins....

And here's the thing. Not everyone thinks that Kim was the best artist of the night. Many are wuz robbing Kostner. So once you start talking PCS, you get into a whole lot of subjectiveness. There's quite a lot of case to be made for Kostner winning too.

But Kim fans tend to ignore this.

You shouldn't go into a competition especting to get higher PCS than everyone else. Yes Kim's pretty much always beaten Kostner. But that's because Kostner messes up. There's always the chance that lightening strikes and Kostner goes clean.

Kim came in with a lower base value than Sotnikova and Kostner. They delivered, and she just didn't get the PCS boost she was expecting.

And in terms of PCS. Kostner actually GOT a more PCS advantage in the short program here at the Olympics, I believe. Than she did at Europeans-guess what outside of Russia.

NineTails

Rinkside
The fact is Adelina was in the second tier in PCS behind the likes of Kostner, Mao, Yuna. Did anyone else in the second tier get a bumped into top tier. Wait the bump was so great that the Adelina even BEAT Costner and Mao...lol. And where's the bump for the one's that were really in contention, Yuna and Caro? That's the biggest issue here. They just had to fudge the scores for one's at the real top to achieve their ulterior motives.

As I said before, I know no skater who thinks Adelina just became world class PCS skater tonight.

Venee

Rinkside
Gutless is someone who retired at age 15 after winning the OGM. The irony, Tara. Someone needs to give her a good smack.
I also didn't appreciate that comment. I'm a Kwan fan and have never been a fan of Tara. She had a glarring flutz in her day. Many of us think Michelle should have won in 98. That's neither here nor there now. Sotnikovas skate was fine for what she does. As someone from the classical music world her LP music selection was the single worst version of that piece I've ever heard. Camille Saint Seans was probably rolling in his grave. Perhaps that was her choreoraphers fault. Tara and Johnny said quite a bit that got on my nerves n

bekalc

Record Breaker
The fact is Adelina was in the second tier in PCS behind the likes of Kostner, Mao, Yuna. Did anyone else in the second tier get a bumped into top tier. Wait the bump was so great that the Adelina even BEAT Costner and Mao...lol. And where's the bump for the one's that were really in contention, Yuna and Caro? That's the biggest issue here. They just had to fudge the scores for one's at the real top to achieve their ulterior motives.

As I said before, I know no skater who thinks Adelina just became world class PCS skater tonight.

She beat Mao because Mao was not in the final group. Should Mao have gotten higher PCS-sure. Okay. I thought Denis Ten deserved higher PCS too. Once again both Adelina,Gold they all got a PCS boost because final group in the Olympics= we regard you as a top skater.

Nagasu got a huge PCS boost in Vancover too. in the final group with a great skate. The difference is she didn't have the technical goods to challenge.

andyjo24

Medalist
You ask any current skater or ex-skater if Adelina suddenly improved her PCS skating that much in the last month that now she is on par with Mao, Costner, and Yuna and lets see what their answer will be. That's an unfair bump. Did any other skaters get such a bump? That's just PCS too.

Look at this GOE score from Judge 7's protocol:

GOE:
-1 (the combo jump where she stepped out)

PCS:

From the way this was scored, this judge obviously "thought" it was WR performance. It was really good but it doesn't come close to Yuna's FS in Vancouver.

Does this make sense? Oh wait, one of the judges husband is the head of the Russian Federation! Another was a Ukraine judge once suspended for fixing the Nagano Olympics.

Those are CRAZY marks. +3 for the 3flutz-UR3toe?