The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 128 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

jkun

Final Flight
I♥Yuna;879090 said:
Thanks for those! I found this in the suggested list, it's Adelina & Yuna's free skate, side-by-side, birds eye view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwFuocB9GHE

The ice coverage is not even comparable... Yuna's choreography and skating only looks "slow" because she does it so effortlessly. Maybe she should have been more frantic and not composed like somebody else..

how did Adelina get a StSq4 and Yuna a 3..... . .. . .

VirMo

On the Ice
The ice coverage is not even comparable... Yuna's choreography and skating only looks "slow" because she does it so effortlessly. Maybe she should have been more frantic and not composed like somebody else..

how did Adelina get a StSq4 and Yuna a 3..... . .. . .

Also Yuna's music was slower in tempo than Adelina's - what do people expect? Move like crazy like Adelina did to Adios Nonino?

Ven

Match Penalty
Since the competition was rigged I don't think it matters how fast they skated, ice coverage, music, temp, none of it mattered. All the Russian girls had to do was stay upright to finish 1-2.

^ I wish people would just stick to the facts. The scary music in this video turns it into propaganda.

Ven said:
Welcome aboard Mathman, glad to have you on the side of truth.

:) I like figure skating. But I like mathematics even better. My earlier objections were not about the issue of lying, cheating, scheming judges, but about the misuse of statistical methods.

millie

Medalist
A must-watch video giving a very comprehensive argument as to why Adelina's scores were manipulated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK4jP-wl2BI (if it hasn't been posted yet)

This is all propaganda!!! Do not believe all what you read and see. I wonder what is the nationality of theses editors of all those articles and videos. In my opinion, this is starting to get a bit one sided and lame. You guys are kicking a dead horse. You can make yourself believe anything if you want it bad enough......now if you trying to solve the problem of world hunger! now that's another thing. Let sleeping dogs lie!! ,

snk0921

Spectator
yes.. after this olympics.. I don't even want to watch FS any more. I've been watching it for a long time and here there.. I saw some disturbing results too, but not to this extend. Just can't believe this happened..

It is obvious that the judges handed a gold medal to Sotnikova.. So sad....

pauliegmd81

Spectator
Figure skating is the dirtiest sport, and in the Sochi Olympics it is the dirtiest. The stole the medal in plain view. Russia planned everything from the beginning to make yuna kim look worse. Russian organized criminals that make up the government pressured the media, Inc, and other skaters to align against yuna. How does this happen: the cleanest and best gets silver while the subpar skater gets gold? Someone was either threatened or paid. I am seriously disillusioned after this Olympics. I recommend boycotting Isu and ioc and companies that sponsor (lobby) them. Sports should be fair.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is all propaganda!!! Do not believe all what you read and see. I wonder what is the nationality of theses editors of all those articles and videos. In my opinion, this is starting to get a bit one sided and lame. You guys are kicking a dead horse. You can make yourself believe anything if you want it bad enough......now if you trying to solve the problem of world hunger! now that's another thing. Let sleeping dogs lie!! ,

You seem to be doing a lot of kicking yourself. If you don't like the thread and are convinced these people contesting the scores are engaging in propaganda, ignore the thread instead of getting so hotheaded.

millie

Medalist
You seem to be doing a lot of kicking yourself. If you don't like the thread and are convinced these people contesting the scores are engaging in propaganda, ignore the thread instead of getting so hotheaded.

I did not mean to ruffle your feathers. Back to my post....Do you know the nationality of the editors of these news articles or videos? It's scary to read those articles and watch the videos. Even the music is trying to get inside your head and brain wash the listener. I am so happy that some of these posters are not in charge of pushing that Red Button on Russia. Just sayin.

Icey

Record Breaker
OT Yuna said things were bad in her hotel so she moved to the Olympic village. Anyone know what was "bad" in her hotel? With her money she could, of course, have stayed in the best there was, so I wonder what happened.

I don't know about Yuna's situation, but there were many complaints from reporters and visitors that the hotels weren't completely finished in time for the start of the games.