The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 203 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

Petitefleur

Spectator
1 - There are other people who are sure that Adelina deserved the gold, that gold was not fraud based !
2 - You can't say that there is an "ethnic collusion" just because they have similar ethnic origins, I suppose you are speaking about the free program... but the panel of juges in the short program gave to Adelina a score nearly the same as the one they gave to Yuna ... do you extend your suspicion to all the judges (short and free programs) ?
3 - I know that suspicion, imagination, interpretation are not evidence . The argument presented by the korean federation provides no evidence at all...
and I don't understand what Snowden has to do with this story !

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
For those who are curious and uncertain about KSU complaint to ISU,

Frankly, KSU never seems to be willing to file a complaint to ISU. They first said on Feb.22 that they have appealed to ISU, but they were just respectfully requesting if the judging was made fairly. Of course ISU would say that the judging was made fairly. :laugh: Then Koreans kept pressuring and calling KOC (KSU didn't even received a call until several weeks later). After we had a rally, KOC finally said that they were going to file a complaint. But it was KSU who should finally send a complaint to ISU. KOC then gave all the responsibility to KSU. After Koreans sent out newspaper advertisement, KSU said that they are going to file a complaint, but after the 2014 World Championship in Japan. Because they were afraid other korean skaters might be disadvantaged. ***? :bang: So they announced that they were going to file a complaint on April 2, 3rd. But as you might have expected, they didn't. So Korean fans kept calling and visiting them, but the person in charge was in meeting every time they call and out for vacation. Then Korean fans had to rally again in the most crowded place in Seoul. On April 20th, when Korean fans called KSU, they finally said that they had sent out a complaint (they filed a complaint, because KSU can't appeal after 30days according to ISU Rule 123, 124, but they can file a complaint until 60 days after the game). But there weren't any press conference and mass media reporting. They already have the control of all the media in Korea. They are only telling people who asks them.:laugh: On a tv, there were about 15 seconds reporting that KSU have filed a complaint and no more. They are trying their best to conceal that they have filed a complaint. Other koreans called ISU to make sure if they have received the complaint, but the answer was they are going to only respond to reporters or any mass medias, but not to normal fans. Then, Korean fans visited KSU to make sure they have filed a complaint. But the thing is if ISU choose to dismiss the complaint, KOC have 21 days(3weeks) to appeal to IOC and CAS. It is likely that ISU might have had a prior consultation with KSU to make this go away silently. I am pretty sure Cinquanta started to feel pressured. It is important to know when ISU would dismiss the complaint from KSU. If they secretly do that, koreans are screwed. What koreans and other figure skating fans who thinks that the judging was rigged should tell their media and reporters about KSU complaint to ISU. It seems to me that medias in Germany started to report this thankfully. http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=yeona&no=562590&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

Let me tell you something about corrupted KSU as most of you are already aware of this. KSU is just corrupted and greedy as hell. I am sure you have heard of Victor Ahn, a former Korean who had 3 OGM to Korea in Vancouver and 3 OGM in Sochi. KSU let Victor Ahn naturalized to Russia because they don't want injured skater and that he has failed to pass the selection match. Koreans all know that coaches and one former Korean skater threatened Victor Ahn, because that skater needed OGM to evade obligatory military service in Korea. What a sad story. All Koreans are glad, but sad that Victor Ahn naturalized to russia.

In addition, the president of KSU is the son-in-law of the chairman of Samsung, Lee Kun-hee. Moreover, the president of KSU is a vice-president of KOC and a president of samsung engineering. LOL you can see what's going on here. The thing is Samsung made a contract with Russia regarding providing a construction of LTE coverage in Russia. Moreover, Samsung won a contract with Russia regarding gas spreading plantation(GSP) in IRAQ. It is clear that president of KSU, vice president of KOC, and a president of samsung engineering don't want to have a conflict and make bad image against Russia.

Moreover, the president of KSU and vice president of KOC is planning to become a IOC member. He clearly doesn't want to make a problem with them. :)

Naya

On the Ice
My cold opinion on this situation is that, while we can talk about evidences of unfair judging, there is no concrete proof to confirm such evidences (no confirmation of bribery or previous agreement among judges, as it happened back in Salt Lake City, for example). That said, we couldn't say that a scandal really occured, and all discussion on this will be just speculation. Anyway, the damage is done for Adelina. Sadly.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
1. There was a fraud in Sochi. It had nothing to do with Yuna winning but it had everything to do with a Russian girl (did not matter which one) not falling on her butt.

2. This thread has been quite productive if you ignore certain posters who are, frankly, disgusting in many ways. Other than those, emotional posts are few.

3. Interesting observation there because from what I've seen in this forum the pejorative tag "bots" were most often directed to Yuna/Mao fans. (what's interesting is that Sotbots/Putinbots don't seem to have anything nice to say about Adelina - most of their arguments are absurd passive-aggressive ones involving Yuna and her fans :confused: )

4. Corrupted officials with incompetence as well as conflicts of interest should be barred from judging.

5. The sport is a joke due to Russian Federation's transparent manipulation in its zeal to kiss Putin's butt. The whole Olympics were a joke and figure skating was a collateral damage. Victims are not Yuna (geez, that girl seems to have it all) but all the skaters and fans, including those short-sighted ones for whatever nationalistic fervor they subscribe to, and including those with "dual loyalties."

LOL indeed.
What a "masterpiece" a.k.a. lame Russophobe trolling, to try to engage posters in ethnic, national, or racial stereotyping. Actually Yuna fans were doing that from Day 1. It means they never had any valid sport argument from Day 1. That's why they sticked with Putnikova and Russian Currupted Olympics from Day 1. It also means they lost from Day 1. :p

usethis2

Medalist
this thread was moved :love: :bow:
I think it's better off and the admins made a right choice. Too many trolls have been making appearances in recent weeks here. I'd rather bookmark the thread and visit it when necessary. Hopefully trolls will be happy.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
I think it's better off and the admins made a right choice. Too many trolls have been making appearances in recent weeks here. I'd rather bookmark the thread and visit it when necessary. Hopefully trolls will be happy.
Of course. Everyone who doesn't think that Yuna was robbed in Sochi is a troll.

Old news.

MaoAsadaFan

Spectator
HEY, Adelina (sort of) deserved it. The olympics naturally inflate scores and improve performances and she has AMAZING height

chloec

Rinkside
HEY, Adelina (sort of) deserved it. The olympics naturally inflate scores and improve performances and she has AMAZING height

I agree there have been some home advantages in any sports, but not this much. This is too much. If this Olympic was held in Italy and Carolina won with two clean performances and Kim stumbled, that will make much sense. and Adelina's jumps were not even higher than Kim's, it was all mislead by camera angles.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rubirotta banned, woohoo! About time.

Some people are just bitter and hateful and unfortunately don't have anything else better to do with their time. They do not contribute anything positive to the board and were warned. I hope this poster gets the help he/she needs, poor soul....

chalk5

Match Penalty
In hindsight, I'm actually glad that Sotnikova won and created this controversy. Without a doubt, Sotnikova should not be the winner, or at least that's what I think, if you think of the term CONTROVERSY. But, I'm glad this happened because I'm pretty sure there are other skaters not just Yuna who have faced these unfair judgements, and more to come if the system doesn't change. In a way, this makes me wonder what other things Yuna had to face just because of the federation she was representing. After this incident, there's has been so many reports on how bad the system has been throughout her career, and now I can understand what is unfairness.