The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 120 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

jehan215

On the Ice
:thumbsup:

slightly an aside, thank goodness for yuna's character. i would be pissed and throwing a ******* fit if i were her (a la wagner). she took it gracefully, like a champion would.

Yes, meanwhile what annoys me is that Sotnikova posted a news article on her Facebook titled "How Sotnikova beat Kim". It's as if she's trying to say "How I beat Kim". So much for being a graceful champion. Even when Mao fans all hated on Yuna, Yuna never mentioned a single negative word/comment about her competitors (or how she beat them) and kept on insisting that she wants to perform her programme with her best efforts. Though it is possible that Sotnikova doesn't manage her own account, it still doesn't look good to the public.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Yes, meanwhile what annoys me is that Sotnikova posted a news article on her Facebook titled "How Sotnikova beat Kim". It's as if she's trying to say "How I beat Kim". So much for being a graceful champion. Even when Mao fans all hated on Yuna, Yuna never mentioned a single negative word/comment about her competitors (or how she beat them) and kept on insisting that she wants to perform her programme with her best efforts. Though it is possible that Sotnikova doesn't manage her own account, it still doesn't look good to the public.

She hopes to market it. What else is she expected to do?

usethis2

Medalist
Yes, meanwhile what annoys me is that Sotnikova posted a news article on her Facebook titled "How Sotnikova beat Kim". It's as if she's trying to say "How I beat Kim". So much for being a graceful champion.

Is that true. I find it hard to believe. That's so juvenile. (though Adelina is still a young girl I would hope adults around her would know better)

Edit: Not because I do not believe jehan215 - but did you see it yourself? (I am not visiting Adelina's Facebook page out of dread)

sk8in

Match Penalty
Do we need to watch the video to know she made changes to her program! Er no. Thank god they made changes to the choreography and for the better :)
I think there was like 2 extra choreography moves in the Olympic performance.

jehan215

On the Ice
Is that true. I find it hard to believe. That's so juvenile. (though Adelina is still a young girl I would hope adults around her would know better)

Edit: Not because I do not believe jehan215 - but did you see it yourself? (I am not visiting Adelina's Facebook page out of dread)

Yeah, I did. But I'm not too sure if it's run by her, or her team. Trying to figure that out now.

Update: I think it's her team....?

usethis2

Medalist
Yeah, I did. But I'm not too sure if it's run by her, or her team. Trying to figure that out now.

Update: I think it's her team....?

That is still a bad taste but at least it's not Adelina's own doing. Sigh.. (of relief) Her coaches or whoever the hell can go **** themselves. They are doing disservice to Adelina by acknowledging the fraud.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight

Where did you get this information? As far as I know, Sotnikova does not have official Facebook page. So unless you prove me wrong, it's a lie.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where did you get this information? As far as I know, Sotnikova does not have official Facebook page. So unless you prove me wrong, it's a lie.

She does have a VK page but if you don't speak Russian it might be lost in translation. Not sure about a FB account.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
She does have a VK page but if you don't speak Russian it might be lost in translation. Not sure about a FB account.

Here's her official vk page. [sorry deleted it just in case] Not a single word about "How Sotnikova beat Kim".

I just find those speculations offensive. Some people feel it's not enough to claim Adelina a fraud and make fun of her, they also continue this bullying and disseminating lies and slander.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A personal FB account, this one?
https://www.facebook.com/AdelinaSotnikova.Rusia?fref=ts

Either that, or this could be a FB mirror account.

I highly doubt that the link above is for a Facebook account belonging to Sotnikova herself.

Agree that the "Join Date" of Feb 20 is very suspicious.
And the name of the page refers to Программа Короткая -- which means Short Program.

The Personal Information on the page is in Spanish.

I do not buy it as Sotnikova's own Facebook page.

arinessa

Rinkside
Here's her official vk page. http://vk.com/id16456855 Not a single word about "How Sotnikova beat Kim".

I just find those speculations offensive. Some people feel it's not enough to claim Adelina a fraud and make fun of her, they also continue this bullying and disseminating lies and slander.

Probably a mistake to give away her VK here. Now a swarm of upset 'netizens' would flood it too with 'insightful' comments.

I really hope there are all mostly twelve because if grown people can write such vile s*it and keep justifying it, it is frightening and very disturbing. Feels like they all need to be on Prozac.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Probably a mistake to give away her VK here. Now a swarm of upset 'netizens' would flood it too with 'insightful' comments.

I really hope there are all mostly twelve because if grown people can write such vile s*it and keep justifying it, it is frightening and very disturbing. Feels like they all need to be on Prozac.

You can't comment what she posts on VK - the option is not available. The only things you can do - is share (among VK users) and like pics :laugh:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Which would actually please everyone. Or, am I mistaking? :unsure:

Of course not -- you're absolutely right! What everyone wants is real transparency and integrity in the judging. I was joking about the length of the thread, but something tells me we'd all be happier talking about something other than the questionable decision.

That doesn't mean I'm not having fun reading everyone's posts! Also learning a lot... :)