The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 8 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

vegarin

On the Ice
Heh, there would have been two new world records, with a combined total of 240+.

It is what it is. Yuna gave it all, and that's what counts.

I don't think a lot of people would disagree that she would've won if she had been skating for Russia. Oh well.

How in the hell can the Russian Skating Federation President's wife be one of the judges?!?!?!

How indeed. Whatever. What's done is done. :sigh:

Mafke

Medalist
If the ISU cared anything at all about judging integrity (ha!) they would hold press conferences for judges after every competition (and closed door panels where judges had to be able to defend their scores).

And there would be no secret judging and known crooks like Balkov would be banned for life.

Since the ISU doesn't care, none of this will happen.

Hamil

Rinkside
Judging fraud. Travesty of justice. A big middle fi*ger to Olympic spirits.

which makes already disgusted FS fans completely give up and leave the sport.

mwk81

Rinkside
The previously suspended Ukrainian judge, the connection to the Russian federation, sadly all signs are pointing to it

CORRUPTION

Rinkside
This result has directed a lot of hatred towards Russia. perhaps this was intended?

who knows. This is just way too blatant.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
At minimum, getting rid of secret judging would go a long way. Each judge should be held accountable for marks he/she gives.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Let it go.

Russia was slated to win gold, Kim already has a gold. And it's not like Sotnikova didn't skate an excellent performance. Personally I thought Kostner deserved the win, but fully expected Sotnikova to get it after her skate.

This farce of a win was a crowning glory to all the atrociously outrageous pro-Russian scoring that has gone all this whole competition.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
- substandard posture (shoulders rounded, turtle neck)
- substandard body lines
- substandard carriage

I disagree. She has much more extension than Yuna and overall a better line. As far as posture, her back is flat but she is more bent over at the waist.

noskates

Record Breaker
It is what it is and nothing is going to change it. Certainly not a petition started at a skating message board....

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
why ladies only ?

let the whole events be investigated in figure skating !!!
including Ice Dancing

What's wrong with the ice dancing results? You're the only one of everybody here that thinks I/K should have beat V/M. If anything, the only problem with the ice dancing was the 6-point spread between P/B and I/K (although I would have had I/K ahead anyways).