6.0s to Rosaleen... | Golden Skate

6.0s to Rosaleen...

sarahmistral

On the Ice
and a string of 6.0s to you, Rosaleen, or make that two, AND THE GOLD, for grace, elegance, speed, and, yes, technical content and great technical difficulty (getting to the press room to connect to the internet, surmounting this and other obstacles to get us play-by-play rundowns and insightful commentary to boot)--and NO deductions:D

The other two spots on this podium go to Julia of www.somebodyelseslife.com fame for bringing us free, crisp, and easily downloadable videos of the top programs over this week, zipped for our downloading convenience--even my dial-up could handle it fine!

and the live audio broadcast from Eurosport, with incisive, balanced, honest, and enthusiastic commentary (they even called THEMSELVES on prejudging whenever they'd get too excited about a performance before the judges judged it--imagine this at the SLC pairs comp:p) that was the next best thing to being there, IMO.

Ladies and gentlemen, your spoiler champions for 2004!!!!!

Sarah:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
*begins the Standing Ovation "Wave"*

No one was better than our very own Rosaleen! WOOT WOOT!!!!!

sarahmistral

On the Ice
WOOT WOOT!!!

And I must give a special shout-out to Doggygirl, without whose efforts I personally would never have found out about the other two stars on our podium!!!

*continues wave that started in Alaska*

Sarah

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks Rosaleen!

Your reports have just been excellent all week. We sure appreciate you sharing your first hand experience with us!!! Are your finger tips doing OK? :) What a great week.

DG

alexapple

Spectator
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
I am from China. there is no live broadcasting for women's single.

Kamey

Spectator
Not a poster, just an info freak. But, I had to post to say 'thank you thank you...'

K

Great post, Sarahmistral. The judges are unanimous in the podium spots for our spoiler champs!:)

Seriously, Rosaleen, your reports are the best I've ever seen. All straightforward info with opinion when appropriate and not a hint of sniping at any skater. I've read live reports by other journalists and I'm always appalled by those who make cruel and sarcastic remarks about skaters they don't like. But not a bit of that from you and more power to you for it. While I'm sure you have your favorites and some skaters who don't *ring your bell,* you took the high road throughout. You clearly love figure skating as a whole and we love your reporting for it.

"Rosaleen"
(To the tune of "Maybelline" by Chuck Berry.)
Rosaleen! We love you, it's true!
Oh Rosaleen! We love you, we do!
You done reported on Worlds
in a way so cool!

I knew I'd have to wait for results, but
I hoped we'd hear who did what
Then out of the blue came Rosaleen
Giving her reports with prose so clean
Rosaleen's info came so quick
Her fingers flying across the board lickety split

in a way so cool!

Rosaleen kept the info comin'
Who was flutzin', who was hummin'
Never did her fingers fail
When it came to saying who was hale
From Q rounds and compulsary dancin'
Rosaleen's reports just kept on prancin'

in a way so cool!

Rosaleen spoiled our spoilers for sure
We certainly want her back next year
Now I can't imagine Worlds
Without having Rosaleen's reports unfurl
Rosaleen, oh please return
From you we have so much to learn

in a way so cool!
Rosaleen you are so absofreakinlutely, undeniably, and totally cooool!!!

Take care of those fingers, hands, and wrists, Rosaleen. You definitely gave a gold medal performance with those reports and we hope you can now take a well-deserved rest.:)
Rgirl

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I wish we could give out medals, but heartfelt thanks are the best we can do. Rosaleen and Julia, you really went out of your way for us. This has been an incredible week of figure skating. Our enjoyment of it was greatly increased by your efforts. Thank you so much!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Absolutely, Rosaleen!!

As far as I'm concerned, they should take 40 of those 41 (??? I actually lost count; I know it was 36 before Shizuka's long program) 6s awarded and give them to you instead!! Great job!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Yes, yes! Thanks to Rosaleen and everybody who reported from Worlds. This is the first season that I've had the internet as a FS resource, and it's been wonderful lurking here with a great bunch of folks who love this sport as much as I do. Thanks, GS! You've given me a whole new way to love skating. :love:
Rave

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Rosaleen, your reports were awesome. The detail was wonderful. Don't know how you did it, but that you so much!