Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Worlds coverage

On the Ice

Worlds coverage

Looking ahead, does anyone know if NBCSN will possibly be doing any worlds coverage? Was dissapointed to have to rely on an online stream, with NBC have just an highlight show a week after the fact

Custom Title
    I have the same question - also wonder if Universal is covering it. I believe they did last year. It's been my experience that Universal doesn't list their broadcasts too far in advance though,

On the Ice
    Added to that, does anyone know if IceNetwork's online season pass includes Worlds? I didn't see it listed in the calendar of covered events yet so I'm wondering if I should buy the pass or not. Are there any other online streams I could pay for access to?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by tripletwizzle View Post
    Added to that, does anyone know if IceNetwork's online season pass includes Worlds? I didn't see it listed in the calendar of covered events yet so I'm wondering if I should buy the pass or not. Are there any other online streams I could pay for access to?
    I believe it does include Worlds.

On the Ice
    Thanks!

Custom Title
    Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.
    I think I was able to get a stream of Eurosport. Jackie Wong will hopefully post/tweet streaming links

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Ah yes, our Latvian friends That was certainly fun, and astounding at the same time that it was the ONLY feed available

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk81 View Post
    Looking ahead, does anyone know if NBCSN will possibly be doing any worlds coverage? Was dissapointed to have to rely on an online stream, with NBC have just an highlight show a week after the fact
    A stream enables you to watch all of it (in most cases) which NBCSN would never ever provide.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.

Custom Title
    anyone knows if Eurosport will cover it?

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.
    That is fantastic news!

Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    For sure. They have the rights and they covered GP, Euros and 4CC.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Universal Sports is actually only co-owned by NBC. NBCUniversal has 8% ownership and InterMedia Partners have a 92% ownership share:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Sports

I agree with you that it would be great to see Worlds on NBCSN, but I am highly skeptical that it could happen this year. Perhaps in future years. NBCSN has contracts with so many sports leagues that they also have to honor...

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    Yes, they are already airing commercials for it.

Custom Title
    My cable system carries NBCSN but not Universal Sports, which it used to. I remember seeing Tara & Johnny with Peter Carruthers commenting on 2010 Worlds 4 years ago, so I think that's the first time they worked together.

I'm sure I can find a stream or some links on Youtube. Someone upthread mentioned Jackie Wong from Examiner.com - he really does a great job with his recaps and links to the performances.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast