Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: Worlds coverage

  1. #1
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    40

    0 Not allowed!

    Worlds coverage

    Looking ahead, does anyone know if NBCSN will possibly be doing any worlds coverage? Was dissapointed to have to rely on an online stream, with NBC have just an highlight show a week after the fact

  2. #2
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,061

    0 Not allowed!
    I have the same question - also wonder if Universal is covering it. I believe they did last year. It's been my experience that Universal doesn't list their broadcasts too far in advance though,

  3. #3
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    42

    0 Not allowed!
    Added to that, does anyone know if IceNetwork's online season pass includes Worlds? I didn't see it listed in the calendar of covered events yet so I'm wondering if I should buy the pass or not. Are there any other online streams I could pay for access to?

  4. #4
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    14,199

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tripletwizzle View Post
    Added to that, does anyone know if IceNetwork's online season pass includes Worlds? I didn't see it listed in the calendar of covered events yet so I'm wondering if I should buy the pass or not. Are there any other online streams I could pay for access to?
    I believe it does include Worlds.

  5. #5
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    42

    0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    4,204

    0 Not allowed!
    Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.

  7. #7
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    40

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.
    I think I was able to get a stream of Eurosport. Jackie Wong will hopefully post/tweet streaming links

  8. #8
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    341

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.
    Ah yes, our Latvian friends That was certainly fun, and astounding at the same time that it was the ONLY feed available

  9. #9
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,520

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk81 View Post
    Looking ahead, does anyone know if NBCSN will possibly be doing any worlds coverage? Was dissapointed to have to rely on an online stream, with NBC have just an highlight show a week after the fact
    A stream enables you to watch all of it (in most cases) which NBCSN would never ever provide.

  10. #10
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    23,691

    0 Not allowed!
    Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.

  11. #11
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    262

    0 Not allowed!
    anyone knows if Eurosport will cover it?

  12. #12
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,520

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.
    That is fantastic news!

    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    anyone knows if Eurosport will cover it?
    For sure. They have the rights and they covered GP, Euros and 4CC.

  13. #13
    Tripping on the Podium breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    514

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.
    Universal Sports is actually only co-owned by NBC. NBCUniversal has 8% ownership and InterMedia Partners have a 92% ownership share:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Sports

    I agree with you that it would be great to see Worlds on NBCSN, but I am highly skeptical that it could happen this year. Perhaps in future years. NBCSN has contracts with so many sports leagues that they also have to honor...

  14. #14
    One does not simply skate into Pyeongchang MaiKatze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,142

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    anyone knows if Eurosport will cover it?
    Yes, they are already airing commercials for it.

  15. #15
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    968

    0 Not allowed!
    My cable system carries NBCSN but not Universal Sports, which it used to. I remember seeing Tara & Johnny with Peter Carruthers commenting on 2010 Worlds 4 years ago, so I think that's the first time they worked together.

    I'm sure I can find a stream or some links on Youtube. Someone upthread mentioned Jackie Wong from Examiner.com - he really does a great job with his recaps and links to the performances.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •