Worlds coverage | Golden Skate

Worlds coverage

mwk81

Rinkside
Looking ahead, does anyone know if NBCSN will possibly be doing any worlds coverage? Was dissapointed to have to rely on an online stream, with NBC have just an highlight show a week after the fact

noskates

Record Breaker
I have the same question - also wonder if Universal is covering it. I believe they did last year. It's been my experience that Universal doesn't list their broadcasts too far in advance though,

tripletwizzle

Rinkside
Added to that, does anyone know if IceNetwork's online season pass includes Worlds? I didn't see it listed in the calendar of covered events yet so I'm wondering if I should buy the pass or not. Are there any other online streams I could pay for access to?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Added to that, does anyone know if IceNetwork's online season pass includes Worlds? I didn't see it listed in the calendar of covered events yet so I'm wondering if I should buy the pass or not. Are there any other online streams I could pay for access to?

I believe it does include Worlds.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.

mwk81

Rinkside
Last year Worlds were brought to us courtesy of Latvian television, which turned out to be quite fun. I hadn't a clue what their commentators were saying, but they seemed to be having an exuberant time saying it, and the commercials were all for butter and medical problems (or so it seemed). So it was all a lot of fun, and they did have COMPLETE coverage, bless 'em. I'm hoping we'll be able to find a similar setup online this year.

I think I was able to get a stream of Eurosport. Jackie Wong will hopefully post/tweet streaming links

96skiluvr

On the Ice

Ah yes, our Latvian friends :) That was certainly fun, and astounding at the same time that it was the ONLY feed available

Looking ahead, does anyone know if NBCSN will possibly be doing any worlds coverage? Was dissapointed to have to rely on an online stream, with NBC have just an highlight show a week after the fact

A stream enables you to watch all of it (in most cases) which NBCSN would never ever provide.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.

Weirdly enough, NBC Sports channel had every single skater or team in both the individual and team events at the Olympics with Tara and Johnny commenting. Those programs were the.highest rated programs NBCSN has ever had-and they haven't had skating before. I am hoping Comcast/NBC will choose to put Worlds on NBCSN rather than Universal, which it also owns.

That is fantastic news! :)

anyone knows if Eurosport will cover it?

For sure. They have the rights and they covered GP, Euros and 4CC.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight

Universal Sports is actually only co-owned by NBC. NBCUniversal has 8% ownership and InterMedia Partners have a 92% ownership share:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Sports

I agree with you that it would be great to see Worlds on NBCSN, but I am highly skeptical that it could happen this year. Perhaps in future years. NBCSN has contracts with so many sports leagues that they also have to honor...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My cable system carries NBCSN but not Universal Sports, which it used to. I remember seeing Tara & Johnny with Peter Carruthers commenting on 2010 Worlds 4 years ago, so I think that's the first time they worked together.

I'm sure I can find a stream or some links on Youtube. Someone upthread mentioned Jackie Wong from Examiner.com - he really does a great job with his recaps and links to the performances.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My cable system carries NBCSN but not Universal Sports, which it used to. I remember seeing Tara & Johnny with Peter Carruthers commenting on 2010 Worlds 4 years ago, so I think that's the first time they worked together.

I'm sure I can find a stream or some links on Youtube. Someone upthread mentioned Jackie Wong from Examiner.com - he really does a great job with his recaps and links to the performances.

They usually post videos pretty quickly. And they're not IOC content so they don't usually get taken down.