Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121

Thread: Worlds coverage

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,164
    Universal WILL be covering Worlds. I sent them several emails and finally got an answer. But if you go to their website it still isn't listed. They did say they would be covering from the 19th through the 26th?

  2. #32
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Universal WILL be covering Worlds. I sent them several emails and finally got an answer. But if you go to their website it still isn't listed. They did say they would be covering from the 19th through the 26th?
    Last I checked, the coverage dates/times for Worlds are on the Universal website -- listed under its GP coverage. (Not intuitive to be under that heading, but whatever. )

    And the schedule is posted in a separate GS thread:

  3. #33
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    9
    Why does British Eurosport usually show 15 minutes of sporting bloopers (WATTS) when the skating is listed and already in progress?

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by sinless69uk View Post
    Why does British Eurosport usually show 15 minutes of sporting bloopers (WATTS) when the skating is listed and already in progress?
    Because if there's no live snooker or tennis overrunning into the skating... that's their backup to annoy us with instead.

    Because I swear there's some $%^& in charge of scheduling at Eurosport who is a fan of snooker (and possibly tennis too), who also hates skating. And when grudgingly forced to show any, tries to disrupt it as much as possible. I'm sure this person also goes out of their way to wiggle the audio feed cables occasionally, to make the music/commentary crackle and break up every now and then, during the skating.

    I have dark fantasies about winning a giant amount of money on the European lottery or something, and using it to buy the exclusive broadcast rights for Snooker. Thus denying those rights to Eurosport. I would consider passing on the rights to Eurosport or another broadcaster if they provided absolute guarantees to a) not broadcast snooker live, ever (highlights only) and b) adhere rigidly to their published snooker schedules and never allow it to overrun. Otherwise I would simply bury all broadcasting...

    Furthermore... oh the men in white coats are here... never mind...

  5. #35
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Because if there's no live snooker or tennis overrunning into the skating... that's their backup to annoy us with instead.

    Because I swear there's some $%^& in charge of scheduling at Eurosport who is a fan of snooker (and possibly tennis too), who also hates skating. And when grudgingly forced to show any, tries to disrupt it as much as possible. I'm sure this person also goes out of their way to wiggle the audio feed cables every now and then, to make the music/commentary crackle and break up every now and then, during the skating.

    I have dark fantasies about winning a giant amount of money on the European lottery or something, and using it to buy the exclusive broadcast rights for Snooker. Thus denying those rights to Eurosport. I would consider passing on the rights to Eurosport or another broadcaster if they provided absolute guarantees to a) not broadcast snooker live, ever (highlights only) and b) adhere rigidly to their published snooker schedules and never allow it to overrun. Otherwise I would simply bury all broadcasting...

    Furthermore, oh the men in white coats are here... never mind...
    ^this

  6. #36
    On the Ice lefeury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Indian Valley VA
    Posts
    40
    Hey, I'm new,, I just signed up for Dishworld for $10.00 per mo. It is an app that doesn't require cable or satellite you just sign up and download the app to your computer or other device. Universal Sports is one of the channels. I only got it to watch worlds and it doesn't cover junior worlds, but I can watch the events live from my computer. Only downside is that I can't save the programs for later. Also I can cancel any time I want. Anyone else ever use this?

  7. #37
    On the Ice lefeury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Indian Valley VA
    Posts
    40
    Actually I was wrong,, I just started watching today, a gymnastics special that aired on the 12th . So I can rewatch anything I miss for I think 2 weeks. I would rather pay and watch when I want than try to find other online feeds to watch in the middle of the night. I'm in the US btw.

  8. #38
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by lefeury View Post
    Actually I was wrong,, I just started watching today, a gymnastics special that aired on the 12th . So I can rewatch anything I miss for I think 2 weeks. I would rather pay and watch when I want than try to find other online feeds to watch in the middle of the night. I'm in the US btw.
    Welcome aboard. I'm too cheap to pay for anything but respect your commitment. You'll notice certain posters put out videos within a half hour or so after the event via YouTube feeds. Certain posters supply links in the event threads so you can watch online if your not home and can't wait like me. I watched euros on a cell phone! I'm posting like crazy these days due to a busted knee and near complete immobility so hopefully I won't annoy you like I am sure I am to others!

  9. #39
    On the Ice lefeury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Indian Valley VA
    Posts
    40
    Not a problem for me, Sam. I will watch videos too as I don't think Universal is going to air the entire event. I have bad eyesight so the phone viewing would give me a headache!

  10. #40
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by lefeury View Post
    Actually I was wrong,, I just started watching today, a gymnastics special that aired on the 12th . So I can rewatch anything I miss for I think 2 weeks. I would rather pay and watch when I want than try to find other online feeds to watch in the middle of the night. I'm in the US btw.
    Thanks for this info. My cable company moved Univ Sports to one of its high-end tiers and I wasn't about to add any more $$$ on to my already-insane cable rates. After briefly checking out the Dishworld site, the only downside that jumped out for me is that the app won't work w/ the OS on my 5-year-old Macbook. Apparently it will be OK on my iPhone, though, so I'm considering it.

    Another good thing is that Dishworld allows you to cancel @ any time -- no contracts or minimum commitment. All in all, sounds like a fine option. Thanks again!

  11. #41
    On the Ice lefeury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Indian Valley VA
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Thanks for this info. My cable company moved Univ Sports to one of its high-end tiers and I wasn't about to add any more $$$ on to my already-insane cable rates. After briefly checking out the Dishworld site, the only downside that jumped out for me is that the app won't work w/ the OS on my 5-year-old Macbook. Apparently it will be OK on my iPhone, though, so I'm considering it.

    Another good thing is that Dishworld allows you to cancel @ any time -- no contracts or minimum commitment. All in all, sounds like a fine option. Thanks again!
    I hope you can see it on the i-phone, I have widescreen tv and the feed doesn't fill my screen.

  12. #42
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28
    For those in Canada, in addition to the CBC broadcasts with the top finishers, SportsNet One (SN1) will be airing full-event, live coverage, just like Bold used to do. (SportsNet One is a separate channel from SportNet.)

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    800
    And presumably there will be some coverage on the French sports network or French CBC for Francophone viewers, as per usual.

    But there has been a big change in skating coverage on Canadian t.v. over the past decade, just as there has been in America. Back in the 1990's and early 2000's, we used to get extensive Grand Prix coverage on the regular television networks, as well as extensive coverage of Nationals and 4 Continents. In recent years, CBC tends to show only the long programs during the GP season, and at 4 Continents, etc. In the old days we used to get both the short & long programs throughout the season on CTV. And CTV has reduced its Nationals coverage somewhat, as well. This year they only showed the final flights for most of the events at Canadians. As recently as a few years ago they would sometimes show several flights.

    Nevertheless, compared to the way our neighbors to the South are being treated, we are still doing pretty well here in Canada by comparison. At least CBC is scheduled to show same-day coverage of all the events from Worlds this month, including both the shorts & the longs, it appears. I can understand the frustration that NBC viewers down south must feel when they read that NBC seems only willing to show just a few hours of Worlds a couple weeks AFTER the competition is over!

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    171
    (re: Eurosport)
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Use the search, it shows similar scheduling on the Thursday, so prospects look good.
    They are indeed looking very good! Full schedule is up now, and it looks like all Singles events will be aired in their entirety and live, followed by 90-120 mins recaps of the Pairs and Dance events.
    As long as they stick to this schedule, I'm happy.

  15. #45
    On the Ice shellbell757's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    45
    Thanks for the info! I can never get an answer from Universal when I send them questions about the schedule. It's ridiculous (especially since I pay an extra $10 a month just to watch their gymnastics and skating coverage)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •