Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Many many congratulations to Adelina. A well deserved Olympic Gold medal.

Here is hoping she does not retire on the back of the Olympic win like Baiul and Lipninski. She clearly has the talent to go on and win much more.

Sky_Fly20 - like me you are a huge fan of Russian figure skating. I know you have had your doubts about Adelina's ability to cope with pressure down the years - hope your convinced now! I am sure you are as delighted as I am

Custom Title
    I have a feeling it'll be a lonely thread with a few haters making their point

Custom Title
    Congratulations, Adelina!

Rinkside
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life
    Right? She is such a terrible person for going out there and trying her best

Rinkside
    Congrats to her, she did her best and dealt with the huge pressure admirably. If there were shady dealing with the judges, it's not her fault so the mean comments about her are really unfair IMO.

Rinkside
    What's there the cheer about?!? She was given the OGM, she did not earn it. It's pretty obvious to the world that Russia has bought these gold medals. RIP figure skating!

Custom Title
    Congratulations Adelina, I hope you are happy! I hope you are happy that you won gold with such controversy, backed by the support of your home crowd and judges, probably you have never even dreamt of it. I hope you really cherish the moment because you will never be able to get any respect even with your shining gold medal!

This is how adults' politics and egos ruin a young promising skater's world-wide reputation and career.

On the Ice
    Congratulations to Adelina. I think she thoroughly earned it.

I have always been an admirer of Adelina's but I didn't become a fan of hers until this season or 2013 worlds (which is surprising because I hated her programs)

But she turns her 6 choreography into a 10 for the short and her 4 choreography into a 10 as well, which is impressive. And her jumps are huge! So happy she won.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Right? She is such a terrible person for going out there and trying her best
    What a horrible thing to say. She skated her heart out and the judges took note. Also had the most technical program of them all.

Custom Title
    I would like to remind you that Adelina was a skater tonight, not a judge. Skaters should never be blamed when they are overscored, its completely out of their hands.

Rinkside
    Near is right. But the anger is still over her mediocre skating equating to OGM. It's a joke. We all know it. She fought for her program me. The anger is reflected at at the system that allowed her to win (i.e. judging, the darn whole system)
    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I would like to remind you that Adelina was a skater tonight, not a judge. Skaters should never be blamed when they are overscored, its completely out of their hands.

Custom Title
    Well, that's mean.. It's not her fault that Sochi judging has been ridiculous. It's kind of sad this anonymous judging system.. People blame the skaters because they can't blame anyone else who is actually an identifiable human being.

Custom Title
    Her LIFE??? What the **** is wrong with you?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast