Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Rinkside
    What's there the cheer about?!? She was given the OGM, she did not earn it. It's pretty obvious to the world that Russia has bought these gold medals. RIP figure skating!

Custom Title
    Adelina earned the OGM with a 7-triple long program and all level 4 spins and step sequence to make up for her PCS deficiency. She made a right strategy work.

Custom Title
    I checked out other threads with the nasty, bitchy & jealous people then thought I would rather just be happy for a young girl who has just EARNED a Olympic Gold medal.
    Let's face it, this was a very close competition but to say it's a fix because a Russian girl won in Russia is not fair.
    I thought the Ice Dance event was a fix, as the top two was already decided before anyone took to the ice but very few mention that.
    Some people on here are so anti-Russian it's scary.
    I'm half American half British & would like to congratulate Adelina.

I agree that Russians scores were some inflated, but there was real Russian breakthrough at the competition (and the whole season) even without inflation. Russians will dominate at pairs and ladies for the nearest years in spite of wishes of haters.

Go Julia! Go Adelina! Go Elena R! Transform Europeans into the Russian Nationals final!

Custom Title
    You expect a lot of vitriol from the jealous and bitter uber fans of the skaters who did not win. However, all of the anti-Russian nonsense is a complete disgrace - racist. Totally unacceptable. Whilst I am British, I imagine that a lot of the Russian posters on the board must be very upset. I hope that GS does a clear out over the next few days and punishes/bans those posters who have clearly crossed the line. For one thing, the 'Russian rigging' thread started by the Yunabot clearly should be removed. As should the thread on Russia's image supposedly being damaged. These people obviously have an agenda and are clearly using these threads to promote hate towards Russia.

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm happy for her. While her FP is not my taste, I thought she did the best with her choreography and relished every moment. Her SP was outstanding, IMO. She was lively and everything was well executed. Maybe her PCS was too high and she deserved a flutz call, but she did absolutely everything she had to take advantage of the situation.

Banned
    Cheer for what? Rigged scores. Thanks God that I did not watch this farce. She will likely meet her karma.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life
    Her LIFE??? What the **** is wrong with you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    You expect a lot of vitriol from the jealous and bitter uber fans of the skaters who did not win. However, all of the anti-Russian nonsense is a complete disgrace - racist. Totally unacceptable. Whilst I am British, I imagine that a lot of the Russian posters on the board must be very upset. I hope that GS does a clear out over the next few days and punishes/bans those posters who have clearly crossed the line. For one thing, the 'Russian rigging' thread started by the Yunabot clearly should be removed. As should the thread on Russia's image supposedly being damaged. These people obviously have an agenda and are clearly using these threads to promote hate towards Russia.
    It is created by a single user / with multiple accounts
    kotacue, alexrus, luckystar etc may have stayed silent
    but I will speak, the anti-russian hostility in this thread needs to be reviewed

Custom Title
    Judging by the posts in this thread, I just know Adelina is going to get death threats and suicide petitions from over-the-top South Koreans. Picture what happened with Apollo Ohno (who deserved his gold) but 100-times worse. I don't think Adelina will be able to compete in 2018 even if she's OGM-worthy by then because of safety issues.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    One thing is hard to dispute and that is that Adelina was terrific.

Come on.

You can prefer Yuna or Carolina's skating and question some aspects of Adelina's. But no sane person can deny that Adelina delivered two stellar performances with hugely difficult content. I'm ambivalent about her choreo but she skated the lights out of it. Not perfect. But. She put it on the line with a risky technically difficult program. She skated huge. She went for it. She gave an Olympic performance.

She rewrote the "script" that so many pundits and fan were writing and everyone is all stunned that their predictions were wrong.

Congratulations Adelina!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life
    The sore losers are so full of evil. They will not stop at anything.
    I am sure Adelina will be a very happy person for all her years, and there will be many. And the beautiful medal she earned will be the most valued treasure of her life...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    It is created by a single user / with multiple accounts
    kotacue, alexrus, luckystar etc may have stayed silent
    but I will speak, the anti-russian hostility in this thread needs to be reviewed
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of new posters suddenly popping up here.

Custom Title
    Wow people, and YOU are complaining about how the russian audience was? You, who post such messages with "haunt her life", "meet her karma", etc?

If you , who are watching FS closelly and pretend to be FS fans, cannot behave, what do you expect from an audience who is not so well educated?

Some of you should really be ashamed about what you have written in last days. Take a break, cool off, be polite and civilized.

Adelina worked hard for this day her whole life, she did her best today. If the judges gave her some points more or less, where is her fault? The last three skaters were so close in their quality, each one had something special, something different. Today was the day of Adelina, tomorrow will be for another skater.

And you were upset about the sportmannship of Plushenko in Vancouver. Where is yours?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    One thing is hard to dispute and that is that Adelina was terrific.

Come on.

You can prefer Yuna or Carolina's skating and question some aspects of Adelina's. But no sane person can deny that Adelina delivered two stellar performances with hugely difficult content. I'm ambivalent about her choreo but she skated the lights out of it. Not perfect. But. She put it on the line with a risky technically difficult program. She skated huge. She went for it. She gave an Olympic performance.

She rewrote the "script" that so many pundits and fan were writing and everyone is all stunned that their predictions were wrong.

Congratulations Adelina!!!!!
    Major respect to all the Russian skaters even if the scores are very iffy. So many of them skating lights-out under intense home pressure.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast