Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Mao88

Record Breaker
Many many congratulations to Adelina. A well deserved Olympic Gold medal. :clap::yay::party2:

Here is hoping she does not retire on the back of the Olympic win like Baiul and Lipninski. She clearly has the talent to go on and win much more.

Sky_Fly20 - like me you are a huge fan of Russian figure skating. I know you have had your doubts about Adelina's ability to cope with pressure down the years - hope your convinced now! I am sure you are as delighted as I am

volk

Final Flight
I have a feeling it'll be a lonely thread with a few haters making their point:unsure:

Apoptosis

Rinkside
I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's pointless and unfair to blame Sotnikova for the utter travesty that unfolded around her. She went out and did her job to the best of her ability and she should be congratulated for that.

I see no other congratulations are in order.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
the crowd and support got her the win and motivation
maybe she isn't much a headcase after all

all words taken aback from what I said about her previously

JYSkate

Rinkside
It's pointless and unfair to blame Sotnikova for the utter travesty that unfolded around her. She went out and did her job to the best of her ability and she should be congratulated for that.

^This. Adelina didn't judge her own performances so people should stop hating on her. I see so many mean tweets on twitter against the russian skaters. I think Yuna deserved Gold, but even she congratulates Adelina on her Gold medal so I think fans should respect that and follow her model.

PftJump

On the Ice
It's a bad idea Sotnikova remain in the competitions.

She will be most beatable Olympic champion dishonorably.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life

I would like to remind you that Adelina was a skater tonight, not a judge. Skaters should never be blamed when they are overscored, its completely out of their hands.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Greekmango

Rinkside
Near is right. But the anger is still over her mediocre skating equating to OGM. It's a joke. We all know it. She fought for her program me. The anger is reflected at at the system that allowed her to win (i.e. judging, the darn whole system)
I would like to remind you that Adelina was a skater tonight, not a judge. Skaters should never be blamed when they are overscored, its completely out of their hands.

hurrah

Medalist
Adelina, if she is a smart girl, should realize that she has just experienced the pinnacle of her figure skating career, and if she can find any way to do this without incurring the wrath of her Russian masters, should retire promptly, and live out the rest of her life exploring other opportunities.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Adelina, if she is a smart girl, should realize that she has just experienced the pinnacle of her figure skating career, and if the she can find any way to do this without incurring the wrath of her Russian masters, should retire promptly, and live out the rest of her life exploring other opportunities.

Yuna experienced her pinnacle in 2010 and still carried on.