Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

jcsamex

Rinkside
It's a bad idea Sotnikova remain in the competitions.

She will be most beatable Olympic champion dishonorably.

No honey, that tittle still remains on the hands of our beloved Sarah Hughes. And I do hope Adelna carries on skating. She's the best jumper right now and I think she still has a lot to prove to herself as a skater and as a competitor.

CarneAsada

Medalist
like Hughes tainted
or Lipinski tainted ?

no need to be bitter
Hughes is tainted no question, but Lipinski never! Lipinski was miles ahead of anyone on technical: she didn't have a step out on her 3 jump combination (unlike Adelina), she did her brilliant 3Lo-3Lo in the middle of the program (unlike Adelina chickening out on her 3Lz-3Lo), and she was rightly called out for her egregious flutz (again unlike Adelina). It's wishful thinking but I hope all of East Asia gangs up on Russia 4 years later for sweet sweet retribution.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Hughes is tainted no question, but Lipinski never! Lipinski was miles ahead on technical: she didn't have a step out on her 3 jump combination (unlike Adelina), she did her brilliant 3Lo-3Lo in the middle of the program (unlike Adelina chickening out on her 3Lz-3Lo), and she was rightly called out for her egregious flutz (again unlike Adelina). It's wishful thinking but I hope all of East Asia gangs up on Russia 4 years later for sweet sweet retribution.

poor Russia has no figure skating future :disapp:

jkun

Final Flight
I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life

Well, that's mean.. It's not her fault that Sochi judging has been ridiculous. It's kind of sad this anonymous judging system.. People blame the skaters because they can't blame anyone else who is actually an identifiable human being.

Demandred

On the Ice
Congrats to her, she did her best and dealt with the huge pressure admirably. If there were shady dealing with the judges, it's not her fault so the mean comments about her are really unfair IMO.

bara1968

On the Ice
WOW congrats to Putin! What a PCS boost all the way to Sochi! That politiking deserves GOLD in FS history for sure. Thank you for killing the beauty of the sports. 35+ in Sp 74+ in LP in PCS? That boost will remain legendary if FS can survive after this. Ha!

Manitou

Medalist
Adelina was fantastic. I am so happy for her. First I was heartbroken after Yulia's performance, but then who expected the beautiful surprise at the end!

Inabauer

Rinkside
What's there the cheer about?!? She was given the OGM, she did not earn it. It's pretty obvious to the world that Russia has bought these gold medals. RIP figure skating!

Kelly

On the Ice
Adelina earned the OGM with a 7-triple long program and all level 4 spins and step sequence to make up for her PCS deficiency. She made a right strategy work.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I checked out other threads with the nasty, bitchy & jealous people then thought I would rather just be happy for a young girl who has just EARNED a Olympic Gold medal.
Let's face it, this was a very close competition but to say it's a fix because a Russian girl won in Russia is not fair.
I thought the Ice Dance event was a fix, as the top two was already decided before anyone took to the ice but very few mention that.
Some people on here are so anti-Russian it's scary.
I'm half American half British & would like to congratulate Adelina.

Rhodium

On the Ice
I agree that Russians scores were some inflated, but there was real Russian breakthrough at the competition (and the whole season) even without inflation. Russians will dominate at pairs and ladies for the nearest years in spite of wishes of haters.

Go Julia! Go Adelina! Go Elena R! Transform Europeans into the Russian Nationals final! :p

Mao88

Record Breaker
You expect a lot of vitriol from the jealous and bitter uber fans of the skaters who did not win. However, all of the anti-Russian nonsense is a complete disgrace - racist. Totally unacceptable. Whilst I am British, I imagine that a lot of the Russian posters on the board must be very upset. I hope that GS does a clear out over the next few days and punishes/bans those posters who have clearly crossed the line. For one thing, the 'Russian rigging' thread started by the Yuna fan clearly should be removed. As should the thread on Russia's image supposedly being damaged. These people obviously have an agenda and are clearly using these threads to promote hate towards Russia.

rocketry

Rinkside
I'm happy for her. While her FP is not my taste, I thought she did the best with her choreography and relished every moment. Her SP was outstanding, IMO. She was lively and everything was well executed. Maybe her PCS was too high and she deserved a flutz call, but she did absolutely everything she had to take advantage of the situation.

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
Cheer for what? Rigged scores. Thanks God that I did not watch this farce. She will likely meet her karma.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You expect a lot of vitriol from the jealous and bitter uber fans of the skaters who did not win. However, all of the anti-Russian nonsense is a complete disgrace - racist. Totally unacceptable. Whilst I am British, I imagine that a lot of the Russian posters on the board must be very upset. I hope that GS does a clear out over the next few days and punishes/bans those posters who have clearly crossed the line. For one thing, the 'Russian rigging' thread started by the Yuna fan clearly should be removed. As should the thread on Russia's image supposedly being damaged. These people obviously have an agenda and are clearly using these threads to promote hate towards Russia.

It is created by a single user / with multiple accounts
kotacue, alexrus, luckystar etc may have stayed silent
but I will speak, the anti-russian hostility in this thread needs to be reviewed

Panini

On the Ice
Judging by the posts in this thread, I just know Adelina is going to get death threats and suicide petitions from over-the-top South Koreans. Picture what happened with Apollo Ohno (who deserved his gold) but 100-times worse. I don't think Adelina will be able to compete in 2018 even if she's OGM-worthy by then because of safety issues.