On another note, heartfelt congrats to Adelina. Way to conquer nerves, pressure, doubt and some history of "inconsistency" when and where it counted most!
For her concerned fans: don't worry too much about the "negative comments" - surely she is surrounded right now by people who are praising her and allowing her/helping her celebrate.
Deserved win. All of this complaining is a lot of hot air that stems from bias most people have against Russia and its athletes.
hopefully in the next few days
all the multiple/bots/suspicious accounts will be gone
cant believe new dummy accounts are still here
cursing and foul language is not allowed on the forum
Adelina Sotnikova : I was angry that I was not included in the Team Event , and said to myself, I will get a medal in the individuals !
- Very upset that you did not include in the team competition ?
- I really wanted to act in the team tournament , because I knew we would have a medal. When I learned that I did not have , I was very upset . In my heart I was very disgusted . But I started to get upset because I had a goal . And I made it ! Maybe it's even better that I did not act as a team. It helped me a lot - I was angry , and won the gold medal .
- Today you have left to keep fighting for silver or gold?
- I went out to fight for the gold, because the gap between the first place was very small. I knew that if skate clean, everything is possible. But during rolling I did not think you need to go for the gold, I think you need to skate clean, do all the elements as I am able. And I did it.
- I think that you have a technical advantage over rivals ?
- When I skated the entire program, I knew that I will stand on the podium , but it is unclear at what point . And when I saw the assessment and realized that won the technical parts , I do not believe it. Honestly .
All top-3 ladies were amazing yesterday. So any result would have left someone dissatisfied.
First of all: I feel the right girl won. But here is why I think she was a tad overmarked:
Normally she falls apart. Normally, in competition, midway through her program...you start to groan. When that didn't happen-well, it is like someone who is mentally disabled suddenly speaking Latin or doing Calculus. You tend to be so surprised that yes, I think many judges tend to overscore.
Also, in a way, I felt like this was Tara/Michelle revisited. Judges are human, and they are affected by the sense of excitement and energy of the skater on the ice. As beautiful as Yuna Kim is, I was underwhelmed by her program. (I do hope though, that in the future, Yuna puts out a DVD on jumping technique for young skaters...no one has better jumping tech then Yuna) Adelina, in contrast, had massive energy throughout the program.