Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life
    what an evil comment. What kind of person would post such words.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    what an evil comment. What kind of person would post such words.
    a bot, this is not a person

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    I checked out other threads with the nasty, bitchy & jealous people then thought I would rather just be happy for a young girl who has just EARNED a Olympic Gold medal.
    Let's face it, this was a very close competition but to say it's a fix because a Russian girl won in Russia is not fair.
    I thought the Ice Dance event was a fix, as the top two was already decided before anyone took to the ice but very few mention that.
    Some people on here are so anti-Russian it's scary.
    I'm half American half British & would like to congratulate Adelina.
    I second this except the last line

I also think the dance gold/silver were already fixed before competition since the media has been talking pretty much the same for quite a while. but on the other hand, I'm not a judge and won't dig into it. I just love V/M's dancy skate. Don't get any dance feeling from D/W.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I wouldn't call Adelina that, but I do think Sochi Olympics should be called Putinlympics
    More like Putolympics (bonus for those who know espanol)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Very good point Krislite.

Mao Asada 8 clean triples with 3A scored 142
    Russian with 7 triple program and 1 botched jump scored 149
    The Japaness didn't have 8 clean triples + 3A. She had downgradeS.
    Sotnikova didn't botched her jump, but a step out on landing of 3 pass jumps. Kim also had an unstable landing on Lutz.

On the Ice
    I'm angry with the scoring, but I don't blame Sotnikova herself.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/adel...sy-future-wins

This article is really sweet. It's really nice how she's inspired by the win instead of deciding to give up right after- I like her attitude. Usually after someone wins an OGM they feel like they've accomplished everything there is to accomplish- she wants to go on to win more events and prove herself. I like that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    and if she does the Japanese skating federation will be ready for her. Look for some shockingly low scores unless she skates better than she did at the Olympics. And if she dares to skate at the next Olympics in KOREA I can only say she has some huge balls.
    It won't make the Japanese skating federation anything better. Based on what have happened in Japan on pevious competitions, it won't surprise me if it does happen.

Custom Title
    Official results in figure skating no longer have any meaning after these Games. You can see from how Ito and Janet Lynn are considered the 2 best ever what a farce skating scoring and its system of determining winners is. The 2 best ever and only 1 World and 0 Olympic titles between them. Meanwhile a garbage skater like Sotnikova is an Olympic Champion and stunning skaters who make you cry like Kwan and Asada are not. Results only reflect corruption, bribes, politics, and luck, and occasionally a bit of skating too. Quality is what determines the greatness of a skater and always has.
    Sotnikova is not any garbage skater. This talk is.

I don't know anything about Ito or whatever. But Kwan didn't get gold was due to her own skates. Same for Asada.

Custom Title
    Whatever one thinks about the judging, it is entirely unsuitable to insult the skater. Sotnikova did just one thing: her best. If you prefer her skating, fine. If you prefer YuNa's skating, fine. If you see reasons to doubt the judging, fine. But the skater is above reproach.

Custom Title
    I don't see any case that Kwan could have won in 98 or 02. She was not exciting to watch in 98 and didn't have better tech content either. In 02, she fell. If Hughs had not won, it would have been someone else.
    Mao has tech defects in her jumps and underrotates from time to time. Otherwise she would n't spend 4 years trying to fix them. she too doesn't have all the triples.

Whether a skater is one of the great ever is subjective to me. And I don't want to talk about it. Sotnikova skates for herself, her family, her coaches. I'd watch her any given day rather than Kwan, Mao.

Banned
    After this event no win for her will ever be taken seriously again. The perception in the skating world will be any win by her was bought by Putin. I am glad for that.
    your in for treat because she will be competing next quad
    your gonna whine when wins a few more gold medals then

Custom Title
    After this event no win for her will ever be taken seriously again. The perception in the skating world will be any win by her was bought by Putin. I am glad for that.
    I'm sure Patrick will be crushed that he's no longer the skater you have a massive hate-on for.

This is unbelievably obtuse to say that no win for her will ever be taken seriously. No win in Russia, maybe, but that can be said for Julia too. Outside of Russia, if Sotnikova manages to win, I'm sure (or hoping) it will be because she's earned it.

As mentioned, it's nice that she's inspired by her win instead of trying to cash in and call it a career, as others have in the past. Perhaps in 2018, she can become a repeat champion, although it's highly unlikely given the young and upcoming talent, as well as the fact that South Korea will not allow her to win again, even if she's landing quads.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    your in for treat because she will be competing next quad
    your gonna whine when wins a few more gold medals then
    From "she's a headcase" to "when she wins a few more golds". How you've changed your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    a bot, this is not a person
    You are a person? I thought you were a fly?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    From "she's a headcase" to "when she wins a few more golds". How you've changed your tune.
    I said, if she wins a World Champion gold, I may like her again, she got better, an Olympic Gold
    so Im back to Sotnikova's bandwagon

I was one of her biggest supporter in the forum
    until her full headcase fallout in 2012, nothing more off putting than an inconsistent skater

I will watch for Radionova next season as she might do better than Julia next season also
    Im starting to fall in love with Elena

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast