Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life
    I would like to remind you that Adelina was a skater tonight, not a judge. Skaters should never be blamed when they are overscored, its completely out of their hands.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I have a feeling it'll be a lonely thread with a few haters making their point
    I hate to see that some posts here are not (understatement) in the spirit of a cheer thread. [To be clear: I am not referring to you, volk.]

FYI, an additional place to congratulate/support Sotnikova is her Fan Fest thread (started in 2012).

Rinkside
    Near is right. But the anger is still over her mediocre skating equating to OGM. It's a joke. We all know it. She fought for her program me. The anger is reflected at at the system that allowed her to win (i.e. judging, the darn whole system)
    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I would like to remind you that Adelina was a skater tonight, not a judge. Skaters should never be blamed when they are overscored, its completely out of their hands.

Adelina, if she is a smart girl, should realize that she has just experienced the pinnacle of her figure skating career, and if she can find any way to do this without incurring the wrath of her Russian masters, should retire promptly, and live out the rest of her life exploring other opportunities.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Adelina, if she is a smart girl, should realize that she has just experienced the pinnacle of her figure skating career, and if the she can find any way to do this without incurring the wrath of her Russian masters, should retire promptly, and live out the rest of her life exploring other opportunities.
    Yuna experienced her pinnacle in 2010 and still carried on.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Yuna experienced her pinnacle in 2010 and still carried on.
    Yeah, yeah. So how about explaining how it is that you know that USA CAN and KOR gave good scores to Adelina tonight, as you asserted in another thread, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    It's a bad idea Sotnikova remain in the competitions.

She will be most beatable Olympic champion dishonorably.
    No honey, that tittle still remains on the hands of our beloved Sarah Hughes. And I do hope Adelna carries on skating. She's the best jumper right now and I think she still has a lot to prove to herself as a skater and as a competitor.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    like Hughes tainted
    or Lipinski tainted ?

no need to be bitter
    Hughes is tainted no question, but Lipinski never! Lipinski was miles ahead of anyone on technical: she didn't have a step out on her 3 jump combination (unlike Adelina), she did her brilliant 3Lo-3Lo in the middle of the program (unlike Adelina chickening out on her 3Lz-3Lo), and she was rightly called out for her egregious flutz (again unlike Adelina). It's wishful thinking but I hope all of East Asia gangs up on Russia 4 years later for sweet sweet retribution.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Hughes is tainted no question, but Lipinski never! Lipinski was miles ahead on technical: she didn't have a step out on her 3 jump combination (unlike Adelina), she did her brilliant 3Lo-3Lo in the middle of the program (unlike Adelina chickening out on her 3Lz-3Lo), and she was rightly called out for her egregious flutz (again unlike Adelina). It's wishful thinking but I hope all of East Asia gangs up on Russia 4 years later for sweet sweet retribution.
    poor Russia has no figure skating future

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/.../5e0be99f9.gif

that's 149 points right there..

congrats!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/.../5e0be99f9.gif

that's 149 points right there..

congrats!!!
    3lz-3loop

Yuna needs to practice her loops then
    oh wait she doesn't have

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    I hope this undeserved OGM comes back to haunt her for the rest of her career, if not her life
    Well, that's mean.. It's not her fault that Sochi judging has been ridiculous. It's kind of sad this anonymous judging system.. People blame the skaters because they can't blame anyone else who is actually an identifiable human being.

Rinkside
    Congrats to her, she did her best and dealt with the huge pressure admirably. If there were shady dealing with the judges, it's not her fault so the mean comments about her are really unfair IMO.

Custom Title
    WOW congrats to Putin! What a PCS boost all the way to Sochi! That politiking deserves GOLD in FS history for sure. Thank you for killing the beauty of the sports. 35+ in Sp 74+ in LP in PCS? That boost will remain legendary if FS can survive after this. Ha!

Custom Title
    Adelina was fantastic. I am so happy for her. First I was heartbroken after Yulia's performance, but then who expected the beautiful surprise at the end!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast