Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Adelina Sotnikova: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by VirMo View Post
    I don't have anything against her. People who are criticizing my post should overcome their inferior complex.

It's just not unheard of that young skaters do lose motivation after winning OGM, and I don't know why people have problem with having this prediction.
    Oh, I forgot about that.. You're right about it. I do believe she has all the basics to become a great, but whether she can motivate herself is a different question after being gifted gold in Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I hope she doesn't retire. What I wish is that Tuktamysheva comes back strong, plus Radionova. That's a lot of great skating to look forward to.
    I agree. Honestly, I'm glad Yulia didn't win/do very well so she will stick around too. Both Adelina and Yulia have a lot of talent and can continue to build off of it and increase artistry. If both of them stay til 2018 (where they will be 19 and 21) I can see them doing really fantastic things.

Banned
    the bots are shameful and will stop at no excuse sadly
    swallow the bitter pill and get over it

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I don't know. Mao did an eight-triple program which included a triple-axel and both toe loop and loop as the second jump, and the tech controller anulled that historical skate by making it out that she under-rotated two of her triples, which she did not, so I think the judges who judge according to who knows what criteria make the sports and possibly not the athletes.

The next jump probably won't be about hard jumps. It will continue to be about judges. It is and will continue to be full of youthfulness, athleticism and alot of hard work... on the part of the athletes that is, not the judges.
    On replay, it looked pretty clear that Mao UR-ed the double axel in combo. The UR call wasn't on the 3T.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    To the point that he had to withdraw from the world championships held in Korea because of death threats? Yes. Even if Adelina developed into a OGM favorite in the next quad, her reception in 2018 will be hostile, if not downright threatening.
    Sotnikova won Junior Worlds in Goyang, Korea

On the Ice
    Congratulations to Adelina. I think she thoroughly earned it.

One thing for sure, we will not see Yuna Kim crying and whining and making excuses. Kim skated two great programs, as did Carolina Kostner.

So did Adelina. Congratulations. She skated her heart out.

Banned
    Well, on record..
    When the results are rigged, it's easy for one side to say "let the record speak for itself".

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Nana Takeda(1), , Fumie Suguri(1): Novice/Junior only
    Suguri beat Yu-Na at 2006 Skate Canada.

Also, Kostner beat Yu-Na at 2008 Worlds (although that result was WRONG).

Custom Title
    Didn't Carolina Kostner beat her at 2008 Worlds by winning the silver?

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I do think she was overscored but I think Adelina was amazing. To basically be pushed aside for Julia in the team event and then comeback and skate lights out...I'm happy for her. I hate that her moment is being tainted like this. The hate/vitriol being spewed at her from angry fans is shocking and really saddening. She doesn't deserve that. All she did was go out there and skate her heart out. No one can take that away from her...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do think she was overscored but I think Adelina was amazing. To basically be pushed aside for Julia in the team event and then comeback and skate lights out...I'm happy for her. I hate that her moment is being tainted like this. The hate/vitriol being spewed at her from angry fans is shocking and really saddening. She doesn't deserve that. All she did was go out there and skate her heart out. No one can take that away from her...
    I want "Like" button...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Sotnikova won Junior Worlds in Goyang, Korea
    That was before she ~controversially~ beat Korea's national darling at the Olympics. Just like Ohno wasn't the most hated human being in Korea until SLC.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CezarMart View Post
    I want "Like" button...
    This works well:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    No, the previous people who beat her- Asada, Suguri, Ando, Kostner, Rochette actually legitimately beat her. Being awarded a gold medal for an event that millions was payed for you to win in advance is not beating anyone. So the number is still 5 just as before.
    Yuna should do 7 triples like the ladies she shared the podium with. Yuna was listless in both the SP and LP, looking very nervous.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast