Exhibitions? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Exhibitions?

jaylee

Medalist
why is Chan speaking ?
he is a silver medalist
get D/W or V/T they speak english

Because he can speak in English and French, and the gala organizers clearly respected him so much to have him speak. They are far more classy than you.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
If I want to say that Patrick was adorable, that means I really really loved the gala. :laugh: But seriously, in this moments you forget about the competition.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
you need to relax no one was giving you the blame

I was and am perfectly relaxed. :)

ETA: And LOL, I am not among those moaning and groaning re NBC's selective broadcast coverage of the gala. I have not understood and do not understand the posts of that nature in this and other threads. It is what it is. NBC's broadcast coverage (as opposed to NBCSN's cable coverage) of the Olympic skating competitions also was selective, as we all know.​

cooper

Medalist
it's nice to see they give a tribute to the next host country south korea.. and the spotlight on yuna.. :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Second half was a bit more boring and subdued to me. I like Javiers Aerobic Class the first time, it was very funny, but how long has he been skating it now? Also Yuzurus White Legend feels overdone. I know much more people who don't watch skating watched the Olympics Gala, but some were really creative and other rested on their laurels. (Daisuke as well) The group number at the end was cute, but the camerawork bad. I couldn't see who was paired up, haha!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Because he can speak in English and French, and the gala organizers clearly respected him so much to have him speak. ...

Who else among the skaters spoke at the end of the gala? I'm very glad that Chan was chosen :bow: ... curious whether other skaters were chosen as well.

jaylee

Medalist
Who else among the skaters spoke at the end of the gala? I'm very glad that Chan was chosen :bow: ... curious whether other skaters were chosen as well.

No one else spoke. There was a group finale after Patrick, though. The men's, ladies, ice dance, pairs all took turns doing an element. The skaters, at the very end, skated a few laps and waved to the crowd.

torontonian

Rinkside
What did Chan say in his speech? I watched much of the TSN coverage of the gala, in Canada, but somehow missed Chan's speech...

elif

Medalist
I also wanted to see the pairs and I couldn't :bang:

I did only see Moore-Towers/Soloviev and Lipnitskaia/Hanyu. :bang: They changed partners again I think, because some other guy came up and danced with Savchenko and Szolkowy had to find his partner :laugh: Love the ending. :love: