Exhibitions? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Exhibitions?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
When NBC shows it it means we won't get to see most of the performances.

Regarding the gala coverage of the NBC broadcast network (not NBCSN):

The latest NBC press release lists some specific skaters -- with the implication (IMO) that those skaters will be shown in the NBC primetime broadcast.

(Caveat: NBC's primetime broadcast obviously will show other sports as well -- as in the release at the link above and as in my posts elsewhere on GS.)

SOCHI, Russia – February 22, 2014 – NBC Olympics’ daytime figure skating telecast team of Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski and Terry Gannon will host coverage of the Sochi Olympic Games figure skating gala tonight at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.

Featuring the world’s best figure skaters, including the top six finishers from both the men’s and ladies’ individual events, as well as the top five couples from the pairs and ice dancing events, the 2014 Sochi Games figure skating gala will air during NBC’s primetime coverage between 8 – 11 p.m. ET. Athletes include: ladies’ gold medalist Adelina Sotnikova (RUS), silver medalist Yuna Kim (KOR), bronze medalist Carolina Kostner (ITA), and Gracie Gold (USA), who finished fourth. Men’s gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN), silver medalist Patrick Chan (CAN), and bronze medalist Denis Ten (KAZ) will also participate. In addition, ice dance gold medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White (USA) and pairs skating gold medalists Tatyana Volosozhar and Maksim Trankov (RUS) will skate.

Saturday’s gala will begin with the carving of the Olympic rings into the ice to honor Russian figure skating icon Nikolai Panin-Kolomenkin, the country’s first ever Olympic champion, who won the special figures event at the 1908 Olympic Games in London. The figure skating gala is the final figure skating event of the Sochi Games and is the last opportunity to see the world’s best skaters perform in Sochi.

One of my previous posts re NBC's broadcast coverage of the gala is here:

It includes information on NBC's additional late-night (midnight, in this case) gala coverage (which NBC had publicized as of Thursday [ETA, update: as of Friday]). Throughout the Games, NBC's late-night coverage has offered additional programming not seen during the primetime show. (The NBC encore broadcast of primetime coverage does not start until after the late-night show.)

elif

Medalist
Chan is actually trying to sell his program instead of looking like meditating.:laugh: I liked.:p Maybe he have other fun programs like that but I'm not really watching mens event that much.;)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This gala is making me sad seeing all these great skaters who are calling it a career after this season. :cry:

CarneAsada

Medalist
BBC is getting it wrong. She did not have the most difficulty. :bang: And oh a Piazzolla tango! Let's put it side by side with Kanako's LP and Yuna's LP and vote for the winner!

nycskate2014

Rinkside
Regarding the gala coverage of the NBC broadcast network (not NBCSN):

The latest NBC press release lists some specific skaters -- with the implication (IMO) that those skaters will be shown in the NBC primetime broadcast.

(Caveat: NBC's primetime broadcast obviously will show other sports as well -- as in the release at the link above and as in my posts elsewhere on GS.)

SOCHI, Russia – February 22, 2014 – NBC Olympics’ daytime figure skating telecast team of Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski and Terry Gannon will host coverage of the Sochi Olympic Games figure skating gala tonight at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.

Featuring the world’s best figure skaters, including the top six finishers from both the men’s and ladies’ individual events, as well as the top five couples from the pairs and ice dancing events, the 2014 Sochi Games figure skating gala will air during NBC’s primetime coverage between 8 – 11 p.m. ET. Athletes include: ladies’ gold medalist Adelina Sotnikova (RUS), silver medalist Yuna Kim (KOR), bronze medalist Carolina Kostner (ITA), and Gracie Gold (USA), who finished fourth. Men’s gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN), silver medalist Patrick Chan (CAN), and bronze medalist Denis Ten (KAZ) will also participate. In addition, ice dance gold medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White (USA) and pairs skating gold medalists Tatyana Volosozhar and Maksim Trankov (RUS) will skate.

Saturday’s gala will begin with the carving of the Olympic rings into the ice to honor Russian figure skating icon Nikolai Panin-Kolomenkin, the country’s first ever Olympic champion, who won the special figures event at the 1908 Olympic Games in London. The figure skating gala is the final figure skating event of the Sochi Games and is the last opportunity to see the world’s best skaters perform in Sochi.

One of my previous posts re NBC's broadcast coverage of the gala is here:

It includes information on NBC's additional late-night (midnight, in this case) gala coverage (which NBC had publicized as of Thursday). Throughout the Games, NBC's late-night coverage has offered additional programming not seen during the primetime show. (The NBC encore broadcast of primetime coverage does not start until after the late-night show.)

NBC will not show whole program...just some people...they edit all time...and they take break for other sport...it is very bad

bramweld

Record Breaker
D/W edges too shallow for this type of music. Only V/M or I/K should skate to this. But lovely costuming and presentation. Not to mention they cannot present a romantic connection on ice that is authentic.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Can we give Davis/White an extra medal for having had the best choices in music at these Games? Wow...