Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Biggest loser of the Ladies Single FS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Are you going to call me names when I make a valid point?
    I said so b/c your point was not close to "valid" at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Yes because I agree with Scott H, the judges, Tara, Johnny, Michelle, and everyone else who isn't mad about a superior technical performance winning an athletic event. If you don't want diverse opinions you should post in the Yuna cheering thread.
    ROTFL none of those people (minus the judges said outright Sotnikova should have won) and Scott H is the only one who didnt disagree outright (atleast clearly). Nice try though, you probably meant drivingmissdaisy, your cat, your dog, and the now multi millionare judges.

To answer the OP the biggest loser is the sport. After a quad of some controversial Chan results and other things, this obviously pre arranged Russian Olympic sweep has brought the sports credability to an all time low. It would have been even worse had Plushenko not WD and received the mens gold medal already bought for him, or had all the Russians who won gold not named Sotnikova skated well enough to earn it. It will be interesting to see if the sport recovers from this or sinks even further into obscurity altogether. I hope its place in the Olympics is not now in jeapordy, although I do wonder if I should even care at this point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post
    R u Putin?
    I doubt Putin would have time to post here. If there are more judged competitions to come (I think there is one or two in snowboarding) Putin will probably be there to make sure of the "right" result.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    The biggest loser is Figure Skating credibility, but did it have that much cred to begin with ,

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post
    I said so b/c your point was not close to "valid" at all.
    So, then you're saying Yuna's program was packed with choreography, and she did a lot of transitions between her combo and her flip. If that's your position then I guess we will agree to disagree.

Custom Title
    The biggest loser is NBC, if the ratings for the ladies free skate don't hold up to expectations. They're the ones who paid hundreds of millions for this, trying to capture 1994-level viewership numbers. :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    The biggest loser is Figure Skating credibility, but did it have that much cred to begin with ,
    No, it has been losing credibility for a long time. rapidly after Salt Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    ROTFL none of those people (minus the judges said outright Sotnikova should have won) and Scott H is the only one who didnt disagree outright (atleast clearly). Nice try though, you probably meant drivingmissdaisy, your cat, your dog, and the now multi millionare judges.

To answer the OP the biggest loser is the sport. After a quad of some controversial Chan results and other things, this obviously pre arranged Russian Olympic sweep has brought the sports credability to an all time low. It would have been even worse had Plushenko not WD and received the mens gold medal already bought for him, or had all the Russians who won gold not named Sotnikova skated well enough to earn it. It will be interesting to see if the sport recovers from this or sinks even further into obscurity altogether. I hope its place in the Olympics is not now in jeapordy, although I do wonder if I should even care at this point.
    They didn't say that Adelina didn't deserve to win either. If Yu-na and Kostner wanted to win. They should have done more technically. They choose to skate with less tech, and got burned on the technical mark. Burned by a pretty big margin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2