Biggest loser of the Ladies Single FS | Golden Skate

Biggest loser of the Ladies Single FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre Smith

Match Penalty
Putin who willingly ruined the image of the whole Russia
just for one gold after spending over $50 billion.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
There is no controversy.

I always knew you lived in a fantasy world but this is something else. :laugh: Not to even get scared on being someone so delusional you think freaking NBC who still emply Tim Dagget, Dan Jansen, Sandra Bezic, and Elfi Schlegal amongst others is reflective on anything. :slink:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I always knew you lived in a fantasy world but this is something else. :laugh: Not to even get scared on being someone so delusional you think freaking NBC who still emply Tim Dagget, Dan Jansen, Sandra Bezic, and Elfi Schlegal amongst others is reflective on anything. :slink:

Attacking other posters isn't going to give Yuna a gold she didn't deserve. She needed to improve from Vancouver and she chose to skate a watered-down LP. Check this out to see the size difference in their jumps: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/02/20/sports/olympics/womens-figure-skating.html?_r=0

Andre Smith

Match Penalty

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Attacking other posters isn't going to give Yuna a gold she didn't deserve. She needed to improve from Vancouver and she chose to skate a watered-down LP. Check this out to see the size difference in their jumps: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/02/20/sports/olympics/womens-figure-skating.html?_r=0

To be fair, Sotnikova was given exceptional GOE on her elements, much higher than usual. Although her jumping was very solid today (save for the 3-jump combo), I don't think a lot of that GOE was particularly deserved.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Why do you compare Yuna to herself of 4 years ago, not to other players of today's event? I don't get it.

OK. Her program was even more watered down than Adelina's. There are parts where she does no choreography or steps the length of the ice going into a jump, like her 3F.

wootie

Match Penalty
drivingmissdaisy is an annoying troll.

Anyway, Yu-na or Carolina clearly should have been on top of the podium. Yes, Adelina had the most technically difficult program, but her overall quality is, shall we say, somewhat lacking. And, oh, that long program from Sotnikova. Please, let's not get started on how vacuous, blah, uninteresting and pedestrian it was.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How about we ask Yulia to sell her skates and become an ISU judge? We could probably agree she'd be one nasty judge with a high standard! I bet she'd score herself lower than any poster here!!:slink:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
drivingmissdaisy is an annoying troll.

Yes because I agree with Scott H, the judges, Tara, Johnny, Michelle, and everyone else who isn't mad about a superior technical performance winning an athletic event. If you don't want diverse opinions you should post in the Yuna cheering thread.

enlight78

Medalist
The issue is not so question of some on with high technical difficulty winning an event, the problem is two skaters getting similar program component scores even though one obviously is a level above the other

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yes because I agree with Scott H, the judges, Tara, Johnny, Michelle, and everyone else who isn't mad about a superior technical performance winning an athletic event. If you don't want diverse opinions you should post in the Yuna cheering thread.

ROTFL none of those people (minus the judges said outright Sotnikova should have won) and Scott H is the only one who didnt disagree outright (atleast clearly). Nice try though, you probably meant drivingmissdaisy, your cat, your dog, and the now multi millionare judges.

To answer the OP the biggest loser is the sport. After a quad of some controversial Chan results and other things, this obviously pre arranged Russian Olympic sweep has brought the sports credability to an all time low. It would have been even worse had Plushenko not WD and received the mens gold medal already bought for him, or had all the Russians who won gold not named Sotnikova skated well enough to earn it. It will be interesting to see if the sport recovers from this or sinks even further into obscurity altogether. I hope its place in the Olympics is not now in jeapordy, although I do wonder if I should even care at this point.

enlight78

Medalist
The biggest loser is Figure Skating credibility, but did it have that much cred to begin with ,

Status
Not open for further replies.