Biggest loser of the Ladies Single FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Biggest loser of the Ladies Single FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyanka

Record Breaker
The biggest loser is NBC, if the ratings for the ladies free skate don't hold up to expectations. They're the ones who paid hundreds of millions for this, trying to capture 1994-level viewership numbers. :p

bekalc

Record Breaker
ROTFL none of those people (minus the judges said outright Sotnikova should have won) and Scott H is the only one who didnt disagree outright (atleast clearly). Nice try though, you probably meant drivingmissdaisy, your cat, your dog, and the now multi millionare judges.

To answer the OP the biggest loser is the sport. After a quad of some controversial Chan results and other things, this obviously pre arranged Russian Olympic sweep has brought the sports credability to an all time low. It would have been even worse had Plushenko not WD and received the mens gold medal already bought for him, or had all the Russians who won gold not named Sotnikova skated well enough to earn it. It will be interesting to see if the sport recovers from this or sinks even further into obscurity altogether. I hope its place in the Olympics is not now in jeapordy, although I do wonder if I should even care at this point.

They didn't say that Adelina didn't deserve to win either. If Yu-na and Kostner wanted to win. They should have done more technically. They choose to skate with less tech, and got burned on the technical mark. Burned by a pretty big margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.