Carly Gold? | Golden Skate

Carly Gold?

kaitlinicole

Rinkside
Just curious about Gracie's twin sister. I have read reports that she is also a senior level skater. Does anyone know how she skates? Anyone think she's on the path to try for the 2018 Olympic team? Wondering if Gracie is the better skater by sheer talent or because Carly prefers to skate more recreationally.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just curious about Gracie's twin sister. I have read reports that she is also a senior level skater. Does anyone know how she skates? Anyone think she's on the path to try for the 2018 Olympic team? Wondering if Gracie is the better skater by sheer talent or because Carly prefers to skate more recreationally.

I admire Carly Gold b/c she seems to be such a supportive sister to Gracie.
In one of her blogs early this season, Gracie had written that the goal of both twins was for Carly to qualify for U.S. Nationals so they could compete there together. :)
Alas, it was not to be. :eek:hwell: IIRC, Carly competed at Midwestern Sectionals and placed well below the top four.

Without knowing more, I would NOT say that Carly prefers to skate more recreationally. I have no reason to believe that she does not take her skating seriously.

cinnamon

On the Ice
I really wanted their dream would come true this season, but Midwestern was a deep field for her.
On her blog sometimes I've seen her short videos of combination jumps or Rippon Lutz. Those are not bad, but probably in competition she doesn't show her confidence in herself enough. She is very supportive to Gracie, as Mai to Mao.
There were times when they were younger and Mao was starting to appear, it wasn't easy for Mai. She quit competing and turned to be a fashion model. But shortly after she was back to compete, couldn't give up her favorite sport. Since then she says Mao is her pride.
I've also heard that there was a hard time for Janet Lynn's younger sister to accept her sister's fame.

kaitlinicole

Rinkside
Interesting, thanks for the info! I agree, it's nice to see her being so supportive of Gracie but it must be kind of a tough position if skating at the Olympic or even National level is a dream for Carly as well.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I could be wrong, since I haven't seen her in awhile, but isn't Gracie's sister shorter and a bit heavier? That might have something to do with her having less success than Gracie.

cinnamon

On the Ice
Gracie said somewhere Carly is a little taller than her.
But the issue is not all the siblings (in this case even twins) have the same talent.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Interesting, thanks for the info! I agree, it's nice to see her being so supportive of Gracie but it must be kind of a tough position if skating at the Olympic or even National level is a dream for Carly as well.

Gracie said somewhere Carly is a little taller than her.
But the issue is not all the siblings (in this case even twins) have the same talent.

BTW, in case you are not aware, kaitlinicole:
The Gold sisters are fraternal twins -- not identical twins.​