Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Petition to investigate judging gets record signings, makes Wall Street Journal headline

Banned
    the Queen comments are hilarous

even on youtube the Yunabots are busy dislking any Adelina videos and posting nasty comments
    and how their Queen was robbed

Banned
    Even if 90% are from South Korea that means even excluding all the South Korean singers already about 6 times as many have signed than the Ten petition at Worlds last year (which was only about 35, 000, and that was a scandalous result too but it was simply bad judging, not a bought result like this one). I wouldnt be surprised if it reaches over 10 million which would still mean over 1 million non South Korean signers.

Custom Title
    I hate 'home cooking' scores no matter where it's at. This a problem. This is not sport.

I'm sorry but the Yunabots are making this move for change impossible. This is not going to go anywhere with all these silly comments....'she's the best' is not an argument.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Really? http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,863440.story

Yeah, Phil Hersh is "impressed" alright.
    Quite in a melted mood from Hersh, I'd say. The part you have quoted were the usual snarkiness from him. However, if you have read the entire article carefully, you'd have found that the opinions from the retired prominent skaters he chose to put into his article were mostly building the case to validate Adelina's win. With Scott Hamilton ending it in a high note by saying,
    “I looked at the way the component score (rules) are written, and Adelina checks off every box. It’s not as aesthetically pleasing as Yuna or Carolina, but she does everything the judges are looking for.”

Custom Title
    It continues as follows:
    "...Even so, Hamilton admitted his jaw dropped when he saw the component scores."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    It continues as follows:

"...Even so, Hamilton admitted his jaw dropped when he saw the component scores."
    What Scott Hamilton personally feel was quite irrelevant compare with what the judging rules have written and how they were followed, isn't it?!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    What Scott Hamilton personally feel was quite irrelevant compare with what the judging rules written and how they were followed, isn't it?!
    So...you conveniently cherry-pick your facts and when someone calls you out on it, you backtrack and then claim whatever Scott Hamilton says doesn't matter?

Lawd.

Custom Title
    What Scott Hamilton personally feel was quite irrelevant compare with what the judging rules have written and how they were followed, isn't it?!
    PCS is the main subject of issue here. The entire article questions the levelling of certain tech elements, and most of PCS. What anyone "feels" is then a concern.

Custom Title
    So...you conveniently cherry-pick your facts and when someone calls you out on it, you backtrack and then claim whatever Scott Hamilton says doesn't matter?

Lawd.
    I am just stating the facts based on evidence. I have read that sentence about Scott Hamilton's feeling. What he said about the rules and how Adelina has met what the judges were looking for are indisputable facts, when Scott Hamilton's feeling, or all you YuNa bots' feelings are just subjective feelings, not the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    PCS is the main subject of issue here. The entire article questions the levelling of certain tech elements, and most of PCS. What anyone "feels" is then a concern.
    Oh, I see. So now you are admitting that you are using your own feelings against the judges who were trying to follow the rules. In this case, Scott Hamilton has found that the judges have followed the rules. You have taken yourself out of legitimate argument.

Custom Title
    ^Except PCS (aka the rules) are based on subjectivity aren't they?

Yes, continue to cherry pick your way through stringing together an argument.

Custom Title
    ^Except PCS (aka the rules) are based on subjectivity aren't they?

Yes, continue to cherry pick your way through stringing together an argument.
    Are PCS and GOEs somewhat subjective? Definitely! It is a judged sport, like all the sports which are not measured by clock. It is the subjective views of the judges who were judging that particular competition counted. Your subjective views are subjective too, and your subjective views did not and will not count. If anyone cannot accept this, they'd better go to see the clock measured sports.

Custom Title
    I am just stating the facts based on evidence. I have read that sentence about Scott Hamilton's feeling. What he said about the rules and how Adelina has met what the judges were looking for are indisputable facts, when Scott Hamilton's feeling, or all you YuNa bots' feelings are just subjective feelings, not the rules.

Oh, I see. So now you are admitting that you are using your own feelings against the judges who were trying to follow the rules. In this case, Scott Hamilton has found that the judges have followed the rules. You have taken yourself out of legitimate argument.
    I'm trying to be civil. To explain, I quoted your diction "feel[ing]" to indicate Scott Hamilton's "checkboxes" meant TES. He didn't agree on PCS. You're missing the context.

Most people come here and question the results based on valid reasons. If you "feel" that's "wrong", then that's how you "feel".

Rinkside
    I am from Italy and I have just signed, as did my wife, we like skating not predefined results (at european championship LIPNITSKAYA got a similar out of reality score

Rinkside
    Posting again but I also signed and I am from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    I don't understand. How does the fact that 90% of the signatories are from South Korea make the issue any less relevant and urgent, and the complaint less valid? Would a similar petition in favor of a US athlete be dismissed on the ground that 90% of signatories are from US? Please tell me who do you think should sign this petition? Philippinos? Canadians?
    I agree and would ad that 90% is also an overstatement at least of recent signatures. It shows the 9 most recent signatories at any time. Currently 5 are from Korea 2 from USA, 1 from Denmark, and 1 from France.

On refresh again 5 from Korea, 1 from Georgia, 2 from USA, 1 from Senegal.

And on a final refresh, 6 from Korea, 2 from USA, 1 from Canada. I refreshed several times after this as well as I was composing this post. There were never more than 7 Korean signatures per 9 most recent signatures.

So my estimate is that closer to 1/3 of current signatories are from Korea (granted this is still high) and the rest are from elsewhere, at least currently, perhaps as the petition gains steam in the USA in particular.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast