Olympic Ladies: Masterpieces | Golden Skate

Olympic Ladies: Masterpieces

christinaskater

Medalist
What a phenomenal ladies event full of masterpieces. I am just blown away by the greatness that I have witnessed.

1. Mao Asada just gave the performance of her life. She gave it her all! PURE PERFECTION! Chills, shivers, emotion and class! A performance for the ages! Riveting!
1. Carolina Kostner- the greatest free skate of her life. BOLERO was magical! These 2 are tied as 2 of the greatest performances ever!

2. Julia Lipnitskaya- team event Free skate to Schindler's List.
3. Adios Nonino- Yu-Na Kim. Vintage Yu-na! I don't think this music was the best music for her. She should've skated to Les Miserables. Kudos to her for a perfect skate!
4. Adelina's Free Skate. She skated with so much fire. She was like , I'll show all of you what I made of when you ignored me in the Ladies Team Event! So much reckless abandon and energy.
5. Gracie Gold's free skate for the team event! She is a real life Ice princess.

What a great night of skating!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
1 Julia's FS in team event
2 Mao's FS in singles
3 Carolina's SP to Ave Maria both in team and singles
4 Gracie's FS in team
5 Adelina's FS in singles

Mao...never seen anything like it. What authority and passion! This is a skate for the ages.

Almost all of the top skaters delivered beautifully in the long program, and most did in the short (with the tragic exception of Mao). To see Carolina put together two smoothly beautiful, serene programs was worth the wait. Leaving aside any judging controversies, how satisfying to see a free skate where you could see why people got on the podium. They made the men look like wimps. (Well, the men made themselves look like wimps. Except for Daisuke. He, like Mao, moved me deeply, though his technical content wasn't as overwhelmingly splendid.)

Totally trivial note: my favorite costume hands down was Adelina's long program costume. That smoky gray with the coppery ornamentation was exquisite. Graceful cut, beautiful lines...added so much to the appeal of her program.

ks777

Record Breaker
1. Mao Asada's FP
2. Yuna and Carolina's FPs
3. Gracie Gold FP
4. Adelina's FP
5. Julia's FP
6. Polina's FS

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Adelina's performances (Under such a pressure and mixed emotions, accept it or not she was on fire to be the OLYMPIC CHAMPION!!)
Yuna Kim's performances (She delivered such clean programs with elegance)
Julia's team performances (She is phenomenal!!)
Carolina's 3 performances (She broke the olympic curse!!! Such an end to her amazing career)
Mao's singles FS (She came back in the free with one of the best performances of the segment! Just wow!!)

YagsFan

On the Ice
Just want to say,christinaskater, thank you for a lovely, positive post and thread! Sometimes I despair that it seems all people get excited about and "into" is whatever new controversy there might be going on. Forgotten are the beautiful, moving moments of the sport we all supposedly love. So thank you again:)