Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recall the president of the ISU for the judging fraud in Sochi

Banned

Recall the president of the ISU for the judging fraud in Sochi

I recall the president of the ISU:

I hereby demand the current president of the ISU of his resignation in regard to the judging scandal in Sochi Olympics as well as an official apology followed by a series of disciplinary and remedial action to be taken without delay. The judging fraud in Sochi was not a few judges' unethical behavior. It was the ISU's premeditated and willful act of crime committed to the integrity of the sport and insufferable insult to the world of figure skating.

You're definitely not alone in your thoughts. Good riddance to Speedy!

Banned
    and who will replace him ?
    that French man who was also involved in fraud in SLC

Custom Title
    Sounds good but what can be done about it?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    and who will replace him ?
    that French man who was also involved in fraud in SLC
    Didier G.? We don't want him, either. Too corrupt!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Didier G.? We don't want him, either. Too corrupt!
    yeah, but isn't he who is the rumored to replace Ottavio

I think so, unfortunately. He should be banned for life, like an unscrupulous judge!

#TeamAUS
    We need new people to direct the ISU. Someone who has the interest to promote all of the sports sanctioned by the ISU fairly and approprately. In general all the skating sports need an update but as figure skating is the ISU's biggest sport in terms of money, more should be thought about to find ways to increase and maximise profit.

They need a team of creative people to improve competiton experience. I wish the ISU had an app which shows all the ins and outs of eachn figure skating disciplinesith videos, skater bios etc. i also woshed that they made a live scoring sowe can see what the judges are doing inreal time and even have a separate app where we can pretend to be the judge and mark. CBC did that with their 'Judge for yourself' game.

There is a world of technology out there that they could use. One of Cinquanta's reasons for implementing IJS was that he felt that judging needed to better modern technology. Now moderntechnology has developed so rapidly that it has left the IJS in the dust and the ISU needs to keep up.

Banned
    We need some kind of international boycott. we need to persuade skaters from competing the ISU event, first the upcoming worlds. In this kind of judging fraud, skaters with their sweat and effort will be dumped and insulted. I want US skaters to boycott the 2014 Worlds first and form an international agreement not to participate in any ISU event from now on, or even more radically, encourage US association to create a separate institution in the long run. Anyway we, USA, have contended with the COP in general.

Custom Title
    http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...versy/?cs=3329

Not one person in skating I've talked to said that's the way (the result) should have gone,” former US Olympic figure skating coach Audrey Weisiger told USA Today.

The judging pool for the free skating program was slightly different to the one that had awarded Kim top points in the short program the night before.One addition was Ukranian Yuri Balkov.In her book The Second Mark: Courage, Corruption and the Battle for Olympic Gold, author Joy Goodwin wrote that hours before the finals of the 1998 Olympic ice dancing competition in Nagano, Canadian judge Jean Senft tape-recorded a phone call made to her hotel room by Balkov.

It is so sad to think that the President of the ISU (and for sure involved in this horrible scandal) is an Italian, when one of the skaters who was penalized by these judges was the best Italian skater ever!
    (And, I'm not so proud of being an Italian during these moments )

Custom Title
    This thread needs to be transferred to conspiracy thread along with all the other bellyaching, whinging and moaning Yunabot threads. These people (the same old usual suspects - many using multiple pseuds) should confine there whinging to the one thread and should not be swamping The Edge section with multiple threads on the same theme. Sanctions required if they persist

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    It is so sad to think that the President of the ISU (and for sure involved in this horrible scandal) is an Italian, when one of the skaters who was penalized by these judges was the best Italian skater ever!
    (And, I'm not so proud of being an Italian during these moments )
    I don't think Cinquanta is a scumbag 'because' he is Italian So don't burn your Italian passport.

Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    I don't think Cinquanta is a scumbag 'because' he is Italian So don't burn your Italian passport.
    I know, I know, don't worry

Custom Title
    I'll just be happy if we can get verified cheaters banned from judging and if the ISU can't see why that's problematic, the whole leadership needs to be changed.

Look, unless the result is obvious, it will always be controversial. Do I think Yuna should have won? For me, yes, but she wasn't so far and away superior - at least when we consider the goofy code of points system - that I'd say the result was clearly faulty. But, even if you believe the result was fine, having a known Olympic cheater on the panel is completely unacceptable. Appearance of impropriety (whether it actually occured or not is irrelevant) can be extremely damaging to a judged sport - anyone who allows this to happen shouldn't be governing any skating organization because they clearly don't care about the sport if they do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast